Rumor: NSH, TOR & BOS inquiring on Chris Kreider

Kupo

MAFIA, MOUNT UP!
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2017
Stamford CT
Shattenkrik is a lot worse and gets paid over 2M more.

Shattys play has improved significantly over the last few weeks now that he’s healthy.

The Rangers don’t need the cap space, so his cap hit isn’t hindering us. Shattys also has just two years left.

Zaitsev cap hit isn’t a huge deal - it’s the term. That’s the main issue with him.

typicalsavage

Oct 31, 2018
Shattys play has improved significantly over the last few weeks now that he’s healthy.

The Rangers don’t need the cap space, so his cap hit isn’t hindering us. Shattys also has just two years left.

Zaitsev cap hit isn’t a huge deal - it’s the term. That’s the main issue with him.

Even when Shattenkirk was in his prime he was a bad defence man. I don't think I remember a player being so overrated. Hes what every claims Jake Gardiner is. He legit made the Caps worse when they got him.

Morgs

#16 #34 #44 #88 #91
Jul 12, 2015
London, ON
Even when Shattenkirk was in his prime he was a bad defence man. I don't think I remember a player being so overrated. Hes what every claims Jake Gardiner is. He legit made the Caps worse when they got him.

Lol he was never as good as Jake, but he's essentially better offensive Faulk.

Good 2, better 3, great 4.

typicalsavage

Oct 31, 2018
Lol he was never as good as Jake, but he's essentially better offensive Faulk.

Good 2, better 3, great 4.

No man, what I mean is every craps on Gardiner for stuff like being soft and terrible defensively when thats exactly who Shattenkirk was. If he's in your top 4 youre in a lot of trouble. The Caps paid a 1st and a 2nd for him and he made their team worse. I honestly believe they knock off Pit if they never made that trade.

Morgs

#16 #34 #44 #88 #91
Jul 12, 2015
London, ON
No man, what I mean is every craps on Gardiner for stuff like being soft and terrible defensively when thats exactly who Shattenkirk was. If he's in your top 4 youre in a lot of trouble. The Caps paid a 1st and a 2nd for him and he made their team worse. I honestly believe they knock off Pit if they never made that trade.

Oh well people who say that don't understand modern day hockey lol.

I disagree. Shattenkirk wasn't great, but he was also anchored to Orpik. Really don't think you can base an opinion of a player on 1 playoff series too.

Kupo

MAFIA, MOUNT UP!
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2017
Stamford CT

Shattenkirk has been a more productive dmen than Gardiner.

He was a premium RH PMD for many seasons. Nobody overrated his defense because everyone knew he was mediocre defensively.

typicalsavage

Oct 31, 2018
Oh well people who say that don't understand modern day hockey lol.

I disagree. Shattenkirk wasn't great, but he was also anchored to Orpik. Really don't think you can base an opinion of a player on 1 playoff series too.

Did you not watch the Leafs vs Caps series? Shattenkirk cant handle a forecheck. Hes not awful defensively when it comes to positioning or moving the puck but if you play him physical he's an easy guy to exploit. Yeah he played next to Orpik but he needed a physical d-partner. Honestly now that I think of it if the Leafs move Gardiner and can swap Ziatsev for Shattenkirk and put him next to Muzzin, I honestly don't think it would be that bad now that I think of it.

typicalsavage

Oct 31, 2018
Shattenkirk has been a more productive dmen than Gardiner.

He was a premium RH PMD for many seasons. Nobody overrated his defense because everyone knew he was mediocre defensively.

He's an easy guy to exploit tho. If you play him physical you see how flawed he is. He cant handle a forecheck at all.

Morgs

#16 #34 #44 #88 #91
Jul 12, 2015
London, ON
Did you not watch the Leafs vs Caps series? Shattenkirk cant handle a forecheck. Hes not awful defensively when it comes to positioning or moving the puck but if you play him physical he's an easy guy to exploit. Yeah he played next to Orpik but he needed a physical d-partner. Honestly now that I think of it if the Leafs move Gardiner and can swap Ziatsev for Shattenkirk and put him next to Muzzin, I honestly don't think it would be that bad now that I think of it.

I watched it, and really i think he just needs someone strong defensively beside him as he's weak in preventing entries, and isn't great at suppressing shots/chances.

Muzzin happens to be great at those things, so yes I wouldn't be surprised if they were a great pairing. Huge downgrade on Jake though.

Kupo

MAFIA, MOUNT UP!
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2017
Stamford CT
He's an easy guy to exploit tho. If you play him physical you see how flawed he is. He cant handle a forecheck at all.
You’re not entirely wrong.

His main role has always been moving the puck from the back end though; something he’s quite exceptional at.

It’s a lot harder finding a RH PMD that can QB a PP than finding a dmen who can sustain a forecheck.

1dreamof1cup

Jan 9, 2016
I wouldn't trade Kreider to Boston at all because none of their prospects interest me enough to consider a deal. Don't try to sell me on Carlo because I saw him get embarrassed by Chytil the last time we played Boston. From Toronto I would want a 2020 1st + Sandin + at least one other major piece. From Nashville 2020 1st + Tolvanen + at least one other major piece which unless its Fabbro its gotta be two prospects of the tier just below Fabbro. Everyone will say it's an overpayment, and that is probably true. I don't care. Kreider is one of the league leaders in GAR this season. You don't trade a player like him on that contract to a contender unless the offer completely blows you away. For Kreider you need to get a younger player whose ceiling is greater than what Kreider currently is right now.
Ya.. even if U dont like Carlo, he's off limit for kreider lmao. Id rather the bruins get stone or duchene

Reactions: bruins4thecup65

typicalsavage

Oct 31, 2018
You’re not entirely wrong.

His main role has always been moving the puck from the back end though; something he’s quite exceptional at.

It’s a lot harder finding a RH PMD that can QB a PP than finding a dmen who can sustain a forecheck.

If he's on youre bottom pairing youre in an amazing position as thats where he should be. But at that cap hit he should be a top pairing guy and youre toast if he's on your top pair. I don't hate him, my original point was that he's not worth anywhere near that cap hit. If the Leafs were to swap Zaitsev for him, they would need to move Gardiner as those two on one d-core is just not going to help you win a championship.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad