Rumor: NSH, TOR & BOS inquiring on Chris Kreider

Kupo

MAFIA, MOUNT UP!
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2017
Stamford CT
For the longest time Rangers fans keep expecting Kreider to breakout into this ppg power forward. When he's 36 in his farewell season theres still going to be Rangers fans expecting him to breakout still.

Bern’s the only one who really thinks that.

Some of the statements in this thread are incredibly immature.

CamMac

Jan 3, 2015
I wouldn't trade Kreider to Boston at all because none of their prospects interest me enough to consider a deal. Don't try to sell me on Carlo because I saw him get embarrassed by Chytil the last time we played Boston. From Toronto I would want a 2020 1st + Sandin + at least one other major piece. From Nashville 2020 1st + Tolvanen + at least one other major piece which unless its Fabbro its gotta be two prospects of the tier just below Fabbro. Everyone will say it's an overpayment, and that is probably true. I don't care. Kreider is one of the league leaders in GAR this season. You don't trade a player like him on that contract to a contender unless the offer completely blows you away. For Kreider you need to get a younger player whose ceiling is greater than what Kreider currently is right now.
So Carlo is bad because of one play you saw? That’s some pretty great analysis.

Reactions: PatriceBergeronFan

BPD

Jul 7, 2009
New York City
Are you actually implying that the Rangers wouldn’t take Nylander for Kreider? Hahaha.

He of 12 points in 31 games playing on that stacked offense, with his 6.67M ticket? Kreider's outscoring him, outpacing him, earning less...I mean, in a vacuum, why would the Rangers make that deal?

Kupo

MAFIA, MOUNT UP!
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2017
Stamford CT
Keep him...he’s a 50-55 point player lol...this is McDonagh all over again. Ask for the moon, get a few rocks back.

Rocks?

Howden, Hajek, a 1st and another 1st/2nd is rocks?

I call that a solid return for a player they didn’t want to commit to long term.

Keep discharging your biased opinion if it helps you sleep at night.

Reactions: E-Train

The List Of Jericho

Judas effect
Mar 1, 2002
Toronto
He of 12 points in 31 games playing on that stacked offense, with his 6.67M ticket? Kreider's outscoring him, outpacing him, earning less...I mean, in a vacuum, why would the Rangers make that deal?

The guy missed training camp and the first two months of the season lol...His other two seasons are better than any of Kreider’s in his whole career lol.

The List Of Jericho

Judas effect
Mar 1, 2002
Toronto
Rocks?

Howden, Hajek, a 1st and another 1st/2nd is rocks?

I call that a solid return for a player they didn’t want to commit to long term.

Keep discharging your biased opinion if it helps you sleep at night.

You forgetting about JT Miller or is that conviently skipping your mind?

All those pieces have proved jack at the NHL btw.

Kupo

MAFIA, MOUNT UP!
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2017
Stamford CT

Did I forget Miller? No. I didn’t forget Namestnikov either. J.T was a bad apple in the lockerroom and NY wasn’t giving him 26m over the next 1/2 decade.

I didn’t realize the futures the Rangers acquired had a year to produce before being labeled as busts. Especially that upcoming pick. Pathetic. That upcoming pick should be a PPG player by now.

The biased stench in your posts is strong. Real strong.

The List Of Jericho

Judas effect
Mar 1, 2002
Toronto
When the Leafs traded Kessel, was the trade graded 1 year after the deal with the Leafs being obvious losers then?

The Leafs were rebuidling and ya losing Kessel was a loss because he was actually a near PPG player. Not Chris freakin Kreider who hasn’t managed a 60 point season lol

The List Of Jericho

Judas effect
Mar 1, 2002
Toronto
Did I forget Miller? No. I didn’t forget Namestnikov either. J.T was a bad apple in the lockerroom and NY wasn’t giving him 26m over the next 1/2 decade.

I didn’t realize the futures the Rangers acquired had a year to produce before being labeled as busts. Especially that upcoming pick. Pathetic. That upcoming pick should be a PPG player by now.

The biased stench in your posts is strong. Real strong.

No one said those guys are busts but the return you got for McDonagh was a package of unknown futures.

For Krieder you want a player that has already shown that he is a better player than him. Makes no sense...

BPD

Jul 7, 2009
New York City
I think the majority of folks here are missing a few very key elements.

1 - Stone looks more and more like he's staying, and frankly, the Jackets moving Panarin would be a very hard deal to pull off. They're right in the thick of it - who, really, are their trade partners to maintain playoff competition level and get a fair return? Figure two mid-six players, a prospect, and a pick? Who's got that? Tampa, maybe? Why do they even think about it? Kreider is probably among the top assets in the market if he is in fact on the market.

2 - The Rangers do not have incentive to cut bait and deal him. He's basically the de-facto captain, he's probably in line for a 5x5.5-6 or so, he plays the way we want him to, he's signed through next year at a very friendly number, he's a great leader.

3 - He's been there. Kreider was a key component of five significant playoff runs over the past seasons. Nobody on the market has that much playoff experience.

4 - Worth repeating - the Rangers don't have incentive to trade him.

So...key cog, has term, has experience, probably top of the market, no need to trade him. It's on the receiving team to provide that incentive.

5cotland

NFR
Jan 23, 2015
Scotland

Miller for Namestnikov was similar 1 for 1.

Its all good with Leafs fans talking big when they have a strong team now but when their team has been irrelevant for the last 13 years, Only making the playoffs 3 times, they do like to shit on every other fanbase and their valuations of their own players.

Leafs fans think nearly every player on their team is elite and nearly untouchable. They are the worst for overvaluing and overhyping their own players.

You cannot say that the futures given for a rebuilding team are useless when the Leafs rebuild took nearly 15 years.

Reactions: Lindberg Cheese

The List Of Jericho

Judas effect
Mar 1, 2002
Toronto
Miller for Namestnikov was similar 1 for 1.

Its all good with Leafs fans talking big when they have a strong team now but when their team has been irrelevant for the last 13 years, Only making the playoffs 3 times, they do like to **** on every other fanbase and their valuations of their own players.

Leafs fans think nearly every player on their team is elite and nearly untouchable. They are the worst for overvaluing and overhyping their own players.

You cannot say that the futures given for a rebuilding team are useless when the Leafs rebuild took nearly 15 years.

Thanks for the whining monologue...it’s still absurd how for one guy you got futures and for the other you want a player that has produced more in far less time in the league lol.

And you got took on that 1 for 1 deal btw

5cotland

NFR
Jan 23, 2015
Scotland
Thanks for the whining monologue...it’s still absurd how for one guy you got futures and for the other you want a player that has produced more in far less time in the league lol.
Wait!

So a rebuilding team actually wanting futures to rebuild with, took picks and respectably rated prospects in a trade for a highly rated player.

Well I never....:huh:

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad