Rumor: NSH, TOR & BOS inquiring on Chris Kreider

The3rd

Jun 20, 2018
So Tolvanen, Fabbro, 2019 1st and a 2020 2nd for Kreider @50% and Hayes?

I think the value is pretty fair across the board.
Being a fan of a team outside of these two it looks like a good haul for NYR and really helps NSH now. I have no skin in the game and I only casually watch these two play...So yeah? Who else in contention could offer something like this to NYR? Get two very solid prospects, 1 F 1 D, and two lower top end draft picks? If it was presented I think NYR would be crazy not to take it. I even think NSH could resign Hayes with taxing laws so they could retain both players long term.

7even

Offered and lost
Feb 1, 2012
North Carolina
Not “wanting” and not “willing” to part with pieces are two different. Show me a GM that states that his key young pieces are widely available.

Okay so take some context with it -- does it make sense for Toronto to trade an ELC defenseman in Sandin or Liljegren for a scoring winger when they have $0 in cap and will in all likelihood be losing Gardiner next year? Even if you say yes to that, Zaitsev has to go the other way to make the money work. Would NY prefer Zaitsev + Liljegren to say Tolvanen + pick? Unlikely.

It's not happening.

The Man with a Plan

Dec 19, 2008
Victoria BC
Your future is now.

Not saying that it has to be Kreider or anyone from the Rangers, but if your FO shares the same viewpoint as you, you’re going to go cupless for a long while.

I hope they are of the mindset that if a deal makes us better sure. But there is no rush no matter what everyone says for this to be our all in year.

Giving up AJ and Kappy isn't ideal or needed.

What we need to trade for is patience. Nothing more

The Man with a Plan

Dec 19, 2008
Victoria BC
Okay so take some context with it -- does it make sense for Toronto to trade an ELC defenseman in Sandin or Liljegren for a scoring winger when they have $0 in cap and will in all likelihood be losing Gardiner next year? Even if you say yes to that, Zaitsev has to go the other way to make the money work. Would NY prefer Zaitsev + Liljegren to say Tolvanen + pick? Unlikely.

It's not happening.

This...it makes no sense. We need these young cheap players. Time is on our side.

Btown

Oct 1, 2011
I hope they are of the mindset that if a deal makes us better sure. But there is no rush no matter what everyone says for this to be our all in year.

Giving up AJ and Kappy isn't ideal or needed.

What we need to trade for is patience. Nothing more
Rumour has it Patience is going for 2 firsts and a second and Leafs don’t have there first this year.

dumpin

Jul 6, 2010

Its not far off but its lite. Kreids (at 50%) is worth Tolvanen (not sold on him), Fabbro and the 2019 1st = fair value. Hayes for a 2020 2nd= is where its lite.

Porter Stoutheart

We Got Wood
Jun 14, 2017
That does seem like a lot to give up but if they were dealt individually to separate teams I am sure that would be about what would come back.. How close is Nashville to winning it now. As a Ranger fan I would hate to lose Krieder and Hayes. I have come to accept that Hayes will be dealt but Krieder not so much.. They could do a lot of damage in the playoffs with a solid team around them. Also those picks even as first rounds would certainly be near the bottom of the first round, where draft picks are never a sure thing.
I think there's A LOT of uncertainty right now about whether the Preds are really that close to winning, given their level of play this season. I don't think it's remotely realistic to consider a package deal where the Preds give up ALL of their best futures assets in the same trade. It's a total non-starter.

Now me, I would have essentially no interest in Hayes. Trade him somewhere else. We talk about Duchene because he is a clear upgrade for us at 2C, and because for whatever reason we dare to think we might be able to sign him long-term. Hayes on the other hand is less of a bump for us at 2C, and no real reason to think he could or should be signed long term. So to me, take Hayes off the table please.

Kreider is more interesting because our real "need" (not a desperate one though) is for a winger. A winger with size who will go to the net is good bonus value. And one with term left at a reasonable salary, more bonus. I would be interested in Kreider alone. But there is no scenario where more than 1 out of Tolvanen/Fabbro/Fiala would be involved. Realistically we are talking Tolvanen and a 1st here, maximum... and I think most of us would want to extend that package towards other deadline deals first before circling back to Kreider as a last resort, if at all.

Zuccarello as a rental might be more interesting still, if the pricetag is more reasonable.

Flgatorguy87

Jul 7, 2011
East Nasty
Its not far off but its lite. Kreids (at 50%) is worth Tolvanen (not sold on him), Fabbro and the 2019 1st = fair value. Hayes for a 2020 2nd= is where its lite.

If you don't like Tolvanen (which is completely fine) then it makes more sense to trade with someone who has a higher evaluation of him.

dumpin

Jul 6, 2010
Your future is now.

Not saying that it has to be Kreider or anyone from the Rangers, but if your FO shares the same viewpoint as you, you’re going to go cupless for a long while.
Like another 50 years. Its not like Toronto has a weak prospect base. They could afford to give up a few solid prospects to get them past the first round this year.

Shootertooter

Feb 20, 2016

I think your assessment is fair enough but some fan from Nashville will say what you think is fair for Kreids is over payment. I think the Rangers would be happy with adding Tolvanen and Fabbro. Those are the main pieces.

Reactions: The3rd

Szechwan

Sep 13, 2006

As fan of neither team, I think this is an absolutely delusional post and there's zero chance Nashville gives up that kind of value for anyone, especially not two guys that would slot into their 2nd or 3rd lines.

dumpin

Jul 6, 2010
If you don't like Tolvanen (which is completely fine) then it makes more sense to trade with someone who has a higher evaluation of him.
I don't want to deal Kreider at all, I was responding to proposals in this thread. Not knocking Tolvanen , don't claim to be an expert I haven't seen him enough. I like Fabbro and the first. My point was to break the trade of Hayes and Kreids into its parts.. Just my view from a Rangers fan perspective.

Flgatorguy87

Jul 7, 2011
East Nasty
I don't want to deal Kreider at all, I was responding to proposals in this thread. Not knocking Tolvanen , don't claim to be an expert I haven't seen him enough. I like Fabbro and the first. My point was to break the trade of Hayes and Kreids into its parts.. Just my view from a Rangers fan perspective.

yeah that's fair

Soundgarden

Jul 22, 2008
Spring Hill, TN
I think your assessment is fair enough but some fan from Nashville will say what you think is fair for Kreids is over payment. I think the Rangers would be happy with adding Tolvanen and Fabbro. Those are the main pieces.

No kidding. When was the last time a team dealt both of their top 2 prospects in the same deal?

Extra Texture

A new career
Mar 21, 2008
in a new town
And they need another former Ranger to balance out the equilibrium in the universe. But make Kreider the C this week before doing it.

What's the vig?

Unsure, but it would be high. A bit like McDonough in that its an asset signed through next year, so they would probably really have to wow NYR. And Tampa has the assets (and trading history, like you say) to probably get something done. But if you're in Tampa's shoes there's no sense in removing any major parts from a roster that is cruising to a top seed. They're probably looking at Simmonds for futures.

7even

Offered and lost
Feb 1, 2012
North Carolina
Your future is now.

Matthews is 21
Marner is 21
Nylander is 22
Kapanen is 22
Dermott is 22
Johnsson is 24
Rielly is 24
Kadri is 28
Tavares is 28
Andersen is 29
Muzzin is 30

Sandin is 18
Liljegren is 19
Bracco is 21

This isn't the Kings or the Ducks. They can get probably 4-5 years of consistency out of this core.

Sypher04

Jan 20, 2011
For the record, Dubas has never said he would not trade any of Kapanen, Johnsson, Liljegren or Sandin. I think its safe to assume he'd rather keep them all but I'm quite sure he understands you need to give to get. Not that it means he'll make a deal involving any of them either. Just depends what he gets offered

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad