Rumor: NSH, TOR & BOS inquiring on Chris Kreider

Torontonian

Jun 24, 2013
Toronto
Your future is now.

Not saying that it has to be Kreider or anyone from the Rangers, but if your FO shares the same viewpoint as you, you’re going to go cupless for a long while.

Our future is now for the next 5 years while we have Matthews. Doesn't make sense from the leafs perspective to sell off the farm when its clear Tampa is a dominant team and we have to face them in round 2. Next season perhaps when Tampa actually starts to lose some players due to FA.

Off Sides

Sep 8, 2008
Self aware

Self aware Rangers fans know this as well. The main boards are a community swimming pool for the unrealistic.

Correct, and I have no idea why Brooks would be filling his readers heads with that sort of return for Kreider.

As far as how the Rangers value him, I really don't know, yet I am under the impression they too are probably overvaluing him.

Kupo

MAFIA, MOUNT UP!
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2017
Stamford CT
No one said those guys are busts but the return you got for McDonagh was a package of unknown futures.

Well DUH, we traded vets for future assets. You attempted to judge the trade after less than a year which shows your true nature in this thread.

For Krieder you want a player that has already shown that he is a better player than him. Makes no sense...

Remind me - who’s the player I want from Toronto that’s already better than Kreider?

Weird. I don’t recall making any requests.

Maybe you can find that for me...?

2020 Cup Champions

Formerly Sila v Kucherove
Nov 26, 2013
Someone on the first page mentioned Tampa. I doubt there's much of a conversation to be had unless NYR would be willing to accept pieces that aren't on the roster, and I'm not terribly familiar with those guys (hell, even some of the new additions like Cernak I haven't had a chance to catch because I'm working 6 nights a week).

The List Of Jericho

Judas effect
Mar 1, 2002
Toronto
Well DUH, we traded vets for future assets. You attempted to judge the trade after less than a year which shows your true nature in this thread.

Remind me - who’s the player I want from Toronto that’s already better than Kreider?

Weird. I don’t recall making any requests.

Maybe you can find that for me...?

One of your Ranger buddies said he wouldn’t take Nylander for him. Comical

Kupo

MAFIA, MOUNT UP!
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2017
Stamford CT
There is overpayment and there is what fans here want.

And the true value probably lies somewhere in the middle.

Considering the Rangers will get assets like late 1sts and 2nds, along with decent prospects for guys like Zucc and Hayes, the Rangers don’t need to settle for fair value for Kreider when they don’t have to.

CK is signed to a very good contract, one which the Rangers can retain on. They can also absorb a bad contract in return.

If CK is moved it won’t be for something decent. It’ll hurt. Not sure how bad, but a late 1st and a decent prospect won’t cut it.

The List Of Jericho

Judas effect
Mar 1, 2002
Toronto
Wait!

So a rebuilding team actually wanting futures to rebuild with, took picks and respectably rated prospects in a trade for a highly rated player.

Well I never....:huh:

Yet for Kreider it’s Nylander + haha. That was my point...think you’re a tad confused. You’d be lucky if any of those guys end up at a Nylander level.

Kupo

MAFIA, MOUNT UP!
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2017
Stamford CT
One of your Ranger buddies said he wouldn’t take Nylander for him. Comical

You quoted me, and you said I want a player already better than him.

For Krieder you want a player that has already shown that he is a better player than him. Makes no sense...

Now you’re saying someone else said that.

C’mon dude... It’s getting painful watching you struggle.

The List Of Jericho

Judas effect
Mar 1, 2002
Toronto
You quoted me, and you said I want a player already better than him.

Now you’re saying someone else said that.

C’mon dude... It’s getting painful watching you struggle.

Smh did my original comment not mention that the Rags fans wanted the moon for Krieder just like the McDonagh threads last year...I was obviosuly referring to something in this thread. I apoligize if you couldn’t put two and two together.

Kupo

MAFIA, MOUNT UP!
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2017
Stamford CT
Smh did my original comment not mention that the Rags fans wanted the moon for Krieder just like the McDonagh threads last year...I was obviosuly referring to something in this thread. I apoligize if you couldn’t put two and two together.

There are foolish posts from a number of Toronto fans too. Should I start quoting your posts in response to them?

Because that’s what you just did.

For the record, Nylander’s value>>Kreider’s.

1 Rangers fans opinion doesn’t represent the entire fanbase. I apologize if you’re incapable of distinguishing that.

Reactions: The List Of Jericho

The List Of Jericho

Judas effect
Mar 1, 2002
Toronto
There are foolish posts from a number of Toronto fans too. Should I start quoting your posts in response to them?

Because that’s what you just did.

For the record, Nylander’s value>>Kreider’s.

1 Rangers fans opinion doesn’t represent the entire fanbase. I apologize if you’re incapable of distinguishing that.

Well there you have it...the thread of replies was all miscommuncation. Good day to you sir

Reactions: Kupo

Space Coyote

Oct 29, 2010
Rangers would be mistaken to trade him for anything less than an overpayment. He's a guy that could be a perfect veteran presence leading them along their rebuild. I easily see him being able to put 75 points in the right situation.

He would be a great addition to any playoff team but 75 points?? The man is already 28 has ONE 50 point season which was three years ago.

Dijock94

Apr 1, 2016
Correct, and I have no idea why Brooks would be filling his readers heads with that sort of return for Kreider.

As far as how the Rangers value him, I really don't know, yet I am under the impression they too are probably overvaluing him.

I’m assuming from that article the Rangers really don’t have any interest in trading Kreider. Kind of a teasing/baiting way to write it up. All he had to say was Kreider won’t be traded unless the Rangers get blown away, but where is the fun in that?

typicalsavage

Oct 31, 2018
Rocks?

Howden, Hajek, a 1st and another 1st/2nd is rocks?

I call that a solid return for a player they didn’t want to commit to long term.

Keep discharging your biased opinion if it helps you sleep at night.

Considering fans on here claimed they could get Sergachev/Marner for him yeah all they got where rocks. Howden is a future middle 6 player and I doubt Hajek makes the NHL.

typicalsavage

Oct 31, 2018
Are you really protecting the 1st?
Pass on that and pass on Zaitsev. His term is brutal.
Do Leaf fans really think they are going to get Kreider for spare parts?
I know that seems to be normal thinking for some....but reality says nyet!

Sorry I meant to include Liljegren

Morgs

#16 #34 #44 #88 #91
Jul 12, 2015
London, ON
I'd looooooove Kreider on the Leafs. Honestly fixes our biggest need today (LW), and he has control after this season.

Hilarious they want Nylander though, and if they think that's even remotely realistic I doubt we'd get anywhere.

Kupo

MAFIA, MOUNT UP!
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2017
Stamford CT
Considering fans on here claimed they could get Sergachev/Marner for him yeah all they got where rocks. Howden is a future middle 6 player and I doubt Hajek makes the NHL.

And there were some Toronto fans claiming they could get Muzzin for a 2nd + scraps, so I guess you guys overpaid drastically.

See what I did there?

Just because some fans throw around erroneous expectations doesn’t impact the actual value one bit.

Rangers didn’t just get Howden and Hajek though, but when you’re looking for a crutch for your failed argument, facts don’t matter.

Reactions: Morgs

Kupo

MAFIA, MOUNT UP!
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2017
Stamford CT
Hilarious they want Nylander though, and if they think that's even remotely realistic I doubt we'd get anywhere.

I don’t think it’s realistic. And I can tell you with confidence that a lot of Rangers fan don’t either.

Reactions: Morgs

typicalsavage

Oct 31, 2018
And there were some Toronto fans claiming they could get Muzzin for a 2nd + scraps, so I guess you guys overpaid drastically.

See what I did there?

Just because some fans throw around erroneous expectations doesn’t impact the actual value one bit.

Rangers didn’t just get Howden and Hajek though, but when you’re looking for a crutch for your failed argument, facts don’t matter.

Most offered the same package they gave up and said that was nothing, then when the trade went down people on here claimed the return was an overpay. Theres idiots everywhere man.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->