FL
If I'm reading this right we have $9,312,500 cap space and have to re-sign:

Killorn
Namestnikov
Kucherov
JAM
Nesterov

+ AHL dudes?

I doubt we keep JAM. Kuch gets 6.2, Vladdy gets 1.5. Brings it to 1.6 left in cap space. Buy out Carle to free up 3.7 and then re-sign Killorn for 4. Leaves us with 1.3 in cap space.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Well, those of you who've been complaining that Yzerman doesn't do anything are about to get your wish. This is gonna get pretty chaotic over the next couple of weeks.

Steazy Doo

Jan 31, 2013
Anyone else get the feeling that Hedman won't take more money then Stammer?

I think he'll sign for the same term/dollars. Gut feeling.

Hoek

Legendary Poster A
May 12, 2003
Tampa, FL
Anyone else get the feeling that Hedman won't take more money then Stammer?

I think he'll sign for the same term/dollars. Gut feeling.

Sounds about right to me. They will be our Toews and Kane, only $4 million cheaper.

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
You're looking at it wrong.

On Yzerman's side, he offered Stamkos 8.5 and didn't budge.

On Stamkos's side, he found out what other teams were offering, and decided to give us the discount.

Keeping Stamkos makes me nervous, but it's hard to walk away thinking he's anything but a class act for signing literally the cheapest deal that was reasonably imaginable.

Make no mistake I'm glad he's back. But this went beyond circus level and I'm not happy with how it went down.

1. We had about 2 or 3 faux twitter likes about going to Toronto
2. Stamkos made a trip to "sponsor Coca-Cola" with the Blue Jays
3. Went to Toronto this week to see the mayor
4. Allegedly struck some kind of deal with Canadian Tire
5. Waited over 6 months for a deal that Yzerman wasn't going to budge from

If I ever see Don Meehan I would kick dirt at his foot and say, "What the hell man?" because either he advised Stamkos to do all this or the man literally has the composure of a 15 year old girl and will do anything to manipulate and get attention. Like I said, my ill will has nothing do with wanting to see the other offers. It's how all this was handled on his end within the public eye that contradicted everything he was saying.

2020 Cup Champions

Formerly Sila v Kucherove
Nov 26, 2013
I wouldn't be shocked to see Kucherov get something closer to a typical bridge deal. Disappointed maybe, but not shocked.

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011
Make no mistake I'm glad he's back. But this went beyond circus level and I'm not happy with how it went down.

If I ever see Don Meehan I would kick dirt at his foot and say, "What the hell man?" because either he advised Stamkos to do all this or the man literally has the composure of a 15 year old girl and will do anything to manipulate and get attention. Like I said, my ill will has nothing do with wanting to see the other offers. It's how all this was handled on his end within the public eye that contradicted everything he was saying.

Once again - get over it. He wanted to exercise his rights and see what was out there. This is a business.

DaBolts

Stanley Cup Boat Parades ROCK
Feb 3, 2015
"Now what do we do?"

Buy out Carle.

Drink lots of beer to celebrate.

P.S. - Tampa business: GIVE MY MAN SOME ENDORSEMENTS!

2020 Cup Champions

Formerly Sila v Kucherove
Nov 26, 2013
I'm not going to predict where he signs, but I've been getting a feeling he will sign for less, either in term or in cap hit, than what people are predicting. He's made a good deal of money already, is a media and advertising darling, has won personal accolades, but hasn't won the one thing that matters.

In his later years, if he remains Cupless there will be speculation about the contracts he could have landed and the what-if teams he could have played for (whether he decides to be a few-years-here-and-there mercenary or if he takes a discount with some club) and whether it was worth it to give those opportunities up chasing the Cup around...

...and if I'm wrong it was a fun prediction to write. :laugh:

:nod:

ThunderAlleyNomad

Aug 24, 2009

Oh damn, he liked a couple of tweets.

He wanted to see what else was out there. He went, he saw, he came back. Now if it turns out well for the Lightning or not is up for debate and we shall see, but there isn't anything wrong with how he handled it.

VasilyKucherov

Jun 18, 2016
So what next? Carle buyout (or if we are lucky, trade) in the next 23 hours? A Bishop trade might be connected to what happens with Carle? Sign Kucherov for 6 years, somewhere around $36.0-$40.0M ($6.0-$6.67M AAV)?

What are people's predictions?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad