Speculation: Now what do we do? ‎- Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
Yeah Callahan on th LTIR might just save Carle's ass from being bought out tomorrow. I swear he's the luckiest ******* to ever walk the earth.

Callahan is only expected to be out 1 month, we'll be screwed when he comes back if Carle is still on the team. Sending him to Syracuse probably doesn't save us enough and even a trade at 50% retention would be tough to fit if we don't trade anybody and resign the RFA's.

Todd1a

Kucherov or prospect
Jun 19, 2014
orlando, fl
Callahan is only expected to be out 1 month, we'll be screwed when he comes back if Carle is still on the team. Sending him to Syracuse probably doesn't save us enough and even a trade at 50% retention would be tough to fit if we don't trade anybody and resign the RFA's.

last chance to buyout carle before noon on 6-30-16

TampaBoltz

Oct 26, 2015
If it took a 1st and 2nd in next years draft to unload Carle's and Flips contracts with no retaining salary, I would do it. Teams like Carolina and Arizona might consider. Flip is too expensive for the 3rd line. And we need Carle's space to get some 3rd line scoring. You still have Hedman/Johnson/Palat on good contracts. This is the year to win. You could recoup a 1st probably by trading Bishop by the deadline next year. There are some good UFA's that might sign cheaper here to win a cup. I would love to see SY have some cap space to explore improving this year

Todd1a

Kucherov or prospect
Jun 19, 2014
orlando, fl
If it took a 1st and 2nd in next years draft to unload Carle's and Flips contracts with no retaining salary, I would do it. Teams like Carolina and Arizona might consider. Flip is too expensive for the 3rd line. And we need Carle's space to get some 3rd line scoring. You still have Hedman/Johnson/Palat on good contracts. This is the year to win. You could recoup a 1st probably by trading Bishop by the deadline next year. There are some good UFA's that might sign cheaper here to win a cup. I would love to see SY have some cap space to explore improving this year

come one vanek one year 1.6 million!!!!

Five Alarm Fire

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 17, 2009

This is what I'm thinking. No contract is unmovable, except for Callahan (NMC). We have plenty of enticing 2nd tier prospects now that may also help.

Flat Ronnie

Feb 11, 2014
Any chance we explore a Shattenkirk trade if/when we unload Bishop?

Shattenkirk has one year left and we might be able to fit him in next year. At the end of next year we can reevaluate our defense and possibly move on from Garrison/Coburn to make room for Shattenkirk.

This might be crazy....don't know but we need an puck moving, RHD PP QB as much as anything.

Or maybe we take a look at Fowler. He seems to be on the block.

The Gongshow

Fire JBB
Jul 17, 2014
Toronto
Any chance we explore a Shattenkirk trade if/when we unload Bishop?

Shattenkirk has one year left and we might be able to fit him in next year. At the end of next year we can reevaluate our defense and possibly move on from Garrison/Coburn to make room for Shattenkirk.

This might be crazy....don't know but we need an puck moving, RHD PP QB as much as anything.

Or maybe we take a look at Fowler. He seems to be on the block.

I really wanted Shattenkirk at trade deadline and wouldn't be opposed to getting him via trade or free agency, he won't be cheap tho but I'd love him in our top 4. Need to use our money to keep triplets and Hedman tho first

Todd1a

Kucherov or prospect
Jun 19, 2014
orlando, fl
Kucherov
Killorn
Hedman
Johnson
Palat
Drouin

then who ever else :sarcasm:

Kucherov 6per year for 6 years Killorn 3.75per year for two years hedman 8.5 per year for 8 years.Johnson 5.8 per year for 6 years. palat 5.8 per year for 6 years. Drouin 5 years 5 per year. That's what it is going to take to get it all done find the space yzerman!

The Gongshow

Fire JBB
Jul 17, 2014
Toronto
Kucherov 6per year for 6 years Killorn 3.75per year for two years hedman 8.5 per year for 8 years.Johnson 5.8 per year for 6 years. palat 5.8 per year for 6 years. Drouin 5 years 5 per year. That's what it is going to take to get it all done find the space yzerman!

Hedman definitely deserves 8.5 but I think he'll settle for 7. Or at least I hope he does. Anything under 8 is a great deal

Lord Stan 2020

Elite fan
Jun 29, 2013
New Port Richey Fl
www.facebook.com
i like the chicago model they did some things right if can get some ufa's at 2 million who would help change views scenery etc.. im all for it

names i like are vanek briere helm martin etc..

but only want major discounts for guys who want a cup and could give us a touch more on our quest for the cup in offensive depth

will say yes we need that rh d i dont like shattenkirk basically because of cost of acquisition and more so cost of next deal hes demanding so far

i do think we get a rh d somehow. i do think easiest to move is garrison and filppula would like garrison to see if he bounces back to form to keep longest till have to move bishop is equation of expansion and as state keep him if lose for nothing but win a cup its worth it for real

callahan gets a year to prove he is still reliable and has a real reason at staying here even through expansion

i do think guys take a bit off and stay together. when we win some cups well that story might change.

dont like ideal of giving kucherov anything lower than 6x6 next deal would be much higher imho if went say 5 million

i think we will get our d at right time got a lot of time

expect buy out of carle announced finally and to move from there also i wouldnt be shocked if kucherov hedman deals were done in next few days even

doubt they will prove too difficult

Todd1a

Kucherov or prospect
Jun 19, 2014
orlando, fl
i like the chicago model they did some things right if can get some ufa's at 2 million who would help change views scenery etc.. im all for it

names i like are vanek briere helm martin etc..

but only want major discounts for guys who want a cup and could give us a touch more on our quest for the cup in offensive depth

will say yes we need that rh d i dont like shattenkirk basically because of cost of acquisition and more so cost of next deal hes demanding so far

i do think we get a rh d somehow. i do think easiest to move is garrison and filppula would like garrison to see if he bounces back to form to keep longest till have to move bishop is equation of expansion and as state keep him if lose for nothing but win a cup its worth it for real

callahan gets a year to prove he is still reliable and has a real reason at staying here even through expansion

i do think guys take a bit off and stay together. when we win some cups well that story might change.

dont like ideal of giving kucherov anything lower than 6x6 next deal would be much higher imho if went say 5 million

i think we will get our d at right time got a lot of time

expect buy out of carle announced finally and to move from there also i wouldnt be shocked if kucherov hedman deals were done in next few days even

doubt they will prove too difficult

Can they even work on a hedman deal yet ? You think they even started talks ? What if Andrew Ladd calls says I want another cup can you fit me in at 3.9 for 4 year term ?

Lord Stan 2020

Elite fan
Jun 29, 2013
New Port Richey Fl
www.facebook.com
Can they even work on a hedman deal yet ? You think they even started talks ? What if Andrew Ladd calls says I want another cup can you fit me in at 3.9 for 4 year term ?

july first think they can get started on all of them drouin which might be good idea get done earlier the better cause hes gonna blow up hahaha

but right now we got killer vladdy kucherov

next year IE: july 1st i believe hedman palat johnson vasi drouin etc...

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
If by some miracle Flip still possesses a positive value, I'd trade Bishop+Carle to Dallas for Niemi+Hemsky+prospect. Then in a separate deal I would move Flip for a 4th rounder or a bag of **** or whatevs.

What's happening with our forward group regarding the draft expansion now that Stamkos re-signed, we can't afford to get a Nichushkin type of forward now or he'll be exposed right ?

If Flip's value is negative, it's not super negative. We could package him with a decent, not great, prospect. The good thing about Flip is his contract doesn't have a lot of term left, so a rebuilding team could take him (if he'd go there) if we were throwing them something else useful. I'd really like to spread Flip's money around for some much needed depth scoring.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
I wouldn't expect any big acquisitions until the dust settles.

I don't expect anything other than money moving out. But I expect a big wave of that in the next 24 hours. Yzerman stated the areas he wants to address right after the ECF. We can't address those internally.

And here's a weird thing: Who would have thought after these crazy 5 or 6 months that we'd be back to building around Stamkos and Drouin up front? Seems to be where we're at again.

Lord Stan 2020

Elite fan
Jun 29, 2013
New Port Richey Fl
www.facebook.com
carle buy out tomorrow not sure of the numbers been too happy to break it all down

but do not forget to get another 900k simply waive condra an he is picked up for his 1.25 million or he can get buried so we got that close to million to play with:)

Volodya Krutov

Lost Cosmonaut
Jan 18, 2012
If Flip's value is negative, it's not super negative. We could package him with a decent, not great, prospect. The good thing about Flip is his contract doesn't have a lot of term left, so a rebuilding team could take him (if he'd go there) if we were throwing them something else useful. I'd really like to spread Flip's money around for some much needed depth scoring.

I hope you're right. Offloading Flip's contract would be a massive cap boost. And that depth down the middle looks terrific even without him.

LTIR Trickery

Plz stop pucks
Jun 27, 2007
Scrip Club
come one vanek one year 1.6 million!!!!

I doubt he goes that low, but I was thinking about this. If he can come here sub 2 million, is he worth it? I don't know.

Obviously the past success is great and all but if I remember right, his possession numbers and more had been abysmal.

FDfranklin

Jan 21, 2013
I honestly don't see Hedman getting 8.5 for multiple reasons.

Hedman seems like the most humble dude ever, only playing for 2 teams his entire life. I think he takes a hometown discount.

I don't see him signing for the same amount as the captain.

If you look at this list:

http://www.generalfanager.com/leagueleaders?position=D&shoots=Both&team=all

8.5 would put him at the 2nd highest paid D man in the league. Is he really the 2nd best Dman?

I think he comes in around 7.

Volodya Krutov

Lost Cosmonaut
Jan 18, 2012
His last playoffs campaign showed he was human moreover. $7M would be another jedi mind trick from Yzerman though

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
carle buy out tomorrow not sure of the numbers been too happy to break it all down

but do not forget to get another 900k simply waive condra an he is picked up for his 1.25 million or he can get buried so we got that close to million to play with:)

Carle's buyout is 1.83 for the next 4 years so we save 3.66 this year.

How do we get another 900k in savings? We currently have 10 forwards signed and 3 RFA's to go so 13 forwards to start the year. Callahan is hurt so 12 and most likely Richard up so 13 again. There's no reason to bury Condra and have no extra forwards. Even if we buried him for Richard we only save 300-400k the difference between the savings of burying Condra and Richards caphit.

Stammertime91

TBL: TEAM OF THE CENTURY
Dec 13, 2011
Tampa: NHL's Newest Dynasty
The addition of Drouin makes Killorn expendable to some extent. I don't want to lose him but he's a 40 point guy and a guy that performs in the playoffs. We would need Callahan and Stamkos to make up for that in the playoffs or a signing to help out on the bottom 6. Our top 2 lines right now are fine if Killorn stays but I'm not sure how he does unless Carle is out and possibly Flip.

I can see Killorn taking 4m. Buying out Carle, trading Flip and the inevitable trade of Bishop so it seems, would let us keep that forward group in tact. Then, Garrison comes off in a year and Coburn could be traded later on.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad