First game at united center
Michel goulet 500 goal
Blackhawks north stars pregame brawl

frankocb

Dawg sez Game ON eh!
May 7, 2015
Future Caniac
Flyers...

May 1974...Game 7 of the Cup Semis, Flyers vs Rangers AND the very first NHL/Flyers game I attended. Flyers eliminate NYR and go on to the Finals.

@1978 or so...Saw the Flyers' Al Hill score 2 goals and garner 3 assists in his very first NHL game. He scored on the first 2 shots of the game.

1997...Flyers vs Pens, playoff series...Mario Lemieux's last game before his first retirement. It was a series clincher and the Flyers eliminated the Pens, so after the handshake line, the fans rose to their feet in tribute to Mario with a very long standing O.

1997...Game 1 of the Stanley Cup Finals, Flyers vs Detroit. Place was loud and electric...UNTIL the actual game action where the Wings dominated the series :cry: But it was my first live attendance at a Finals game with the Flyers participating.

1995 AND 2000...witnessed live while Patrick Elias scored late-game goals in BOTH years to eliminate the Flyers in playoff series. God I hate Elias! :laugh:

2000...Game 7, Flyers/Devils...the infamous Scott Stevens hit on Eric Lindros that punctuated the end of his Flyers career. Having had a "few too many" prior to the game, I actually thought Eric was dead! :shakehead

2010...Attended Game 3 of the SCF between the Flyers and Chicago Blackhawks in a luxury box - provided by a vendor.

2012...Winter Classic, Flyers vs Rangers, at Citizens Bank Park in Philly. Also attended the Alumni game the day before.

Non-Flyers...

2006...Attended Game 1 of the SCF between the Carolina Hurricanes and Edmonton Oilers in NC. We were treated to the game in a luxury box by a vendor...all the food and drink included!

The Hockey Tonk Man

May 3, 2007
Toronto
- Leafs 100th Home Opener, even as a Bruins fan 'twas neat to see.

- Game 3 of the Bruins/Sabres "May Day" series.

- The Sens/Bruins game where Chris Neil destroyed Boychuk, the sound of it was nuts.

- World Cup game where Mackinnon dangled Lundqvist in OT & Team NA celebrated like they were moving on in the tourney haha.

- My brother went to the Bruins/Sabres game after Lucic ran Miller, wish I woulda been there for that one.

SAADfather

Dec 12, 2014
Seabrook triple OT winner against the preds in 2015
Seabrook OT winner in game 7 versus Detroit in 2013
Kane double OT winner in St. Louis game 5 in 2017
Saw Kane hit 100 points for the first time with a hat trick/4 point game in 2016
Winter classic at Wrigley Field
The night kaner kept his point streak alive with his assist off his glove :laugh:

Just off the top of my head.

stuffradio

Oct 3, 2012
Vancouver
I've only been to two games I think, and both were in Vancouver. I know I've been to two games, and I only remember two games. One was against Anaheim a couple years ago, and the other was a long time ago vs the Stars.

Penguins23

Le Magnifique
Dec 14, 2006
NB Canada
Nothing really of note and the closest NHL rink to me is 9 hours away ish.

Montreal - 4 games
Toronto - 3 games
Mellon Arena - 1 game
Consol Energy - 2 games
Scotiabank Centre - 3 games

I've seen some good games but nothing historic.

I saw the 03-04 Penguins win a game, does that count?

Remington 700

Jul 11, 2007
South Park, PA
Nothing really of note and the closest NHL rink to me is 9 hours away ish.

Montreal - 4 games
Toronto - 3 games
Mellon Arena - 1 game
Consol Energy - 2 games
Scotiabank Centre - 3 games

I've seen some good games but nothing historic.

I saw the 03-04 Penguins win a game, does that count?

Didn't the have something like 10 wins in mid February before they went on that huge run at the end of year?

Edit: Just looked it up 11-42-5 on 2/22/04 finished 23-47-8.

Axel574

Dec 9, 2015
JT's double OT wrap around winner in game six to give the islanders their first playoff series win in 23 years. He also scored the tying goal with seconds left and our goalie pulled.

Great moment - futile two decades.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
I attended the Phantoms-Senators AHL game that had the most PIM in AHL history. It was a blast.

DudeWhereIsMakar

Bergevin sent me an offer sheet
Apr 25, 2014
Winnipeg
At all the games Laine got a hat trick and the first game the Jets returned and made the playoffs. Have season tickets. Only missed about 80 games total because I got some for a very good price (mostly when they came back), somebody I knew was a diehard fan of the away team, wedding socials, etc. The two games I missed that were memorable were Perrault scoring four goals and Scheifele's first NHL hat trick.

But before the Jets came back I was at the Oilers game where Patrik Stefan missed the empty net, and all the fans were sort of starting to leave.
Been to Minnesota, Florida, Tampa, Ottawa, Vancouver, Calgary and Arizona. Tried to get Habs and Leafs tickets when I was there but couldn't.

Last edited:

I Hate Tie DOMI

Jul 2, 2002
Ontario
December 7, 2009 - Devils vs Sabres - Brodeur ties Sawchuk's 103 SO record.
December 21, 2009 - Devils Vs Penguins - Brodeur gets to 104 SO's and breaks it.

Phil Kessels Hot Dog

Nice guy, tries hard, loves the game.
Sep 25, 2013
Edmonton in 5
1987 Canada Cup finals at Copps Coliseum with my dad. I'm not 100% sure if it was game 2 or 3. I was 13 and didn't really care too much about hockey at the time, but I remember singing the hey hey goodbye song so I feel like it was probably game 3.

DaveG

Noted Jerk
Apr 7, 2003
Winston-Salem NC
been a Canes STH since 2004-05 (yes, the lost season) and was going regularly before then when I had time off in college

2002 SCF, Game 3
10-7-2005 Pens@Canes - first SO in Canes history, Cam Ward stops Crosby, Palffy, and Lemieux to secure the win.
10-28-2005 Flyers@Canes - Eric Staal's first career hat trick
All 2006 Playoff games in Carolina (ECSF game 1 and 2, ECF game 7, SCF game 1 and game 7 were especially notable)
4-4-2009 Pens@Canes - Anton Babchuk's bomb sends the Canes back to the playoffs for the first time since their cup win
2009 Canes-Devils Game 4 (Jokinen's GWG with .2 left in regulation) - was at all Canes games that playoff year as well but that was the most notable
4-2-2013 Caps@Canes - Joni Pitkanen's last game and the injury that led the NHL to implement hybrid icing.

was also at the WJC in Saskatchewan when the US broke Canada's gold medal streak

Last edited:

Flip_4

Mar 22, 2006
Ottawa
Between the Ottawa 67's and the Sens - I've been to a ton of games. I have season tickets with the Sens since 1999. Some of the most memorable ones were

1999 - The 67's win the Memorial Cup at home. Attended all games but the winning game was fantastic. Thought the building was going to fall down.
1999 - Wayne Gretzky's last game in Canada. Every stoppage of play there was an ovation. Amazing!!
2003 - Game 7 of the ECF *sigh* Wish it had gone another way
2016 - Alfie jersey retirement game
All Star Game in Ottawa
2009? - WJC final game - Canada vs Sweden and Canada won.
I've been at every playoff game since 1999 (except for one). Both of Pageau's hat trick playoff games were amazing
Phillips 1000th game - he scored 2 goals - memorable because he's my all time fave
Oh - and my first ever NHL game (Before the Sens existed). April 1st 1989? It was a game at the Forum, Habs vs Flyers. The game finished 2-2. I was 15 and I remember it like it was yesterday.

Many others but don't want to bore everyone :)

Haven't been to many NHL rinks...Ottawa (both Civic Centre and CTC), Florida Panthers, at the new arena at the time and both of the ones in Montreal. I've been to the one in Winnipeg -but it was for an AHL game.

I've

Ozz

Oct 25, 2009
Hockeytown
My wife was at the Wings/Avs fight night back in the day. She was also along w/me for the Penguins/Wings Stanley Cup Finals games I mentioned earlier, but they didn't go so well for her as she's not a Penguins fan.

Rorschach

Who the f*** is Trevor Moore?
Oct 9, 2006
Los Angeles
I was at game 4, series 2 in 2012 where LA completed the sweep against the Blues..., the Stewart shhh game.
Also, the game 4 of the 2012 Final where all the celebs showed up to see the Kings not sweep...

I also was at game 5 of the 2014, the jazz hands game.

I'm probably forgetting a playoff game or two but those should be the biggest ones.

Staples Center naturally.

DigDeep

Dec 8, 2013
The most noteworthy game I have been to was in 2006 to see Crosby hit the 100 point mark as a rookie.

I also went to Leafs vs Caps Game 1 this past playoff, which would have been the playoff debut for Matthews, Nylander, Marner.

NHL arenas I've been to:

Maple Leaf Gardens
Air Canada Centre
Bell Centre
Canadian Tire Centre
The Igloo
MSG
Joe Louis Arena
Verizon Centre

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad