Notable games you've attended live?

WhatTheDuck

9 - 20 - 8
May 17, 2007
Worst Case, Ontario
-Crosby's first career playoff game
- Canada's New Year's Eve comeback at the WJC led by Tavares

Been to six different NHL arenas, Toronto(x2), Ottawa, Montreal, Buffalo and Chicago.

Oscar Lindberg

Dec 14, 2015
CA
Hmm

I was at Brady Skjei's first career NHL game

and to a lesser extent, I saw Dylan McIlrath's first NHL goal (same game)

jetsforever

Dec 14, 2013
Best I can think of is Anaheim 4-3 2OT win over Edmonton, this year's playoffs, after being down 3-0 with 5 minutes left. I'm not a Ducks fan but I was going crazy :laugh:
Went to Max Domi's first ever game, if that counts as notable.

Been to games in Toronto, Winnipeg, LA, Anaheim, Florida (Panthers) and New Jersey.

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
Mike Gartner's 700th goal.

Ray Whitney's 1,000th point.

Shane Doan's 1st and only career hattrick.

One of the games (not the record breaker) in Brian Boucher's longest NHL shutout streak.

caliamad

Mar 14, 2003
Visit site
oilers ducks game 5 this post season. 3 goals in 3 minutes was pretty special considering half the crowd missing the most amazing comeback in franchise history.

game 6 Stanley cup final 2003 was pretty epic as well. kariya got popped out cold by Stevens and then comes back and scores game winning goal.

Zegras Zebra

May 7, 2016
Winnipeg, Manitoba
Since the Winnipeg Jets have returned to Winnipeg in 2011, I have been to a few noteworthy games.

1. Teemu Selanne's return to Winnipeg (December 17, 2011): As a Ducks fan living in Winnipeg I was so happy to finally see my favorite player play in person, and the MTS Centre was crazy the whole night. I will never forget how everyone cheered whenever Teemu touched the puck, but booed whenever any other Duck touched the puck.

2. Teemu Selanne's final game in Winnipeg: Pretty much the same as the first game, but the crowd didn't have the same level of energy.

3. Patrick Laine's first NHL goal: First game of the season against Carolina. I pretty much watched him the whole game. I also knew he scored that goal before he even touched the puck. The crowd cheered for probably about 2 minutes straight after he scored. It was such a great moment.

4. 2016 Heritage Classic Edmonton Oilers vs. Winnipeg Jets at Investers Group Field: The game sucked, was in the opposite end from where I was sitting pretty much the whole game and the Jets didn't score a single goal, but its still cool to say I was there.

I've never attended an NHL game outside of Winnipeg, but I really want to see how the experience is different in other arenas.

RebuildinVan

Jun 25, 2017
Bertuzzi/Moore hit. You'll never see an arena go from cheering to dead quiet like that place did.

Ozz

Oct 25, 2009
Hockeytown
Greatest: 2009 SCF Game 7 where the Pens won the repeat final on the road

Best: 2008 SCF Game 5 where the Pens forced game 6 with a late tying goal, and winning in triple OT. The Cup was on the line and that place was *insane* from the beginning of the 3rd period. It just got more and more amped as it went on. Indescribable, though extra points given for my team winning.

Been to Boston Garden, whatever the Bruins current arena is called this week, whatever Harford's arena was, Bell Centre, Bridgestone Arena, Joe Louis Arena, and Mellon Arena.

Ramboshaw

Apr 9, 2012
Meadow Lake, SK
I've been to 5 games. 4 NHL Season games and 1 Preseason game.

Leafs vs Oilers
Bruins vs Oilers
Blues vs Oilers
Bruins vs Oilers
Leafs vs Sens (Pre-season, in Saskatoon)
Sadly when you live in Saskatchewan you don't have many options for watching NHL games!! But many more to come.

LeProspector

AINEC
Feb 14, 2017
Controversial Game 6 of the 2004 Stanley cup final. Calgary should have brought home the cup that night but were shafted.

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
My first ever game was at Maple Leaf Gardens, when the Leafs took on Gretzky and the Oilers. The Leafs sucked at the time and the Oilers were the reigning powerhouse, but the Leafs ended up winning the game something like 11-8.

The other memorable game was Montreal versus LA, in Montreal, when Patrick Roy was playing for the Habs and Gretzky was playing for the Kings. I even got an autographed picture of Gretzky from his dad Walter, who I bumped into in the concourse. At least I assume it was Wayne's autograph. Maybe Walter signed the picture and pretended it was Wayne. :laugh:

swiftwin

★SUMMER.OF.PIERRE★
Jul 26, 2005
-2003: R1 Game 5: Sens eliminate the Islanders
-2007: R1 Game 5: Sens eliminate the Pens
-2007: SCF Game 3: Sens beat the Ducks in their only win of the series
-2010: Kovalev does a moonwalk
-2016: Sens win the home opener in OT. Something else happened that game, but I forget...

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Hmm

I was at Brady Skjei's first career NHL game

and to a lesser extent, I saw Dylan McIlrath's first NHL goal (same game)

I almost saw McIlrath's first goal.

He hit the crossbar 40 seconds into his first game on his very first shift. Would have been something.

JustaFinnishGuy

Joonas Donskoi avi but not a SEA fan ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Mar 3, 2016
Finland
3 Championship winning games here in Finland. 2 against The same rival in 2 years.
Not in The NHL, but those gotta account for something.

the4thlinegrinder

Jul 25, 2011
The Bench
I was at the infamous Patrick Stefan game, the first outdoor game played indoors (I'm being cheeky, the 2014 Heritage Classic), the 2016 Heritage Classic and alumni game, Rick Rypein's first NHL goal, Joe Thornton's 1000th assist. I think that's most of the memorable stuff.

I've been to games in Vancouver, Edmonton (both arenas), Winnipeg, Minnesota, San Jose, Los Angeles, Anaheim, Arizona, Dallas, Tampa, and Florida. My favourite arenas among those are Rogers Place, Xcel Energy Center, and Amalie Arena.

shoeshine boy

Aug 14, 2008
I was at the Thrashers season opener when Pavelec collapsed. in fact, I was right behind him and saw him go down. I just thought he caught an edge and fell until it was clear that he wasn't moving.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6HPdJYIoUxc

as for arenas I've been to: Boston, Tampa, Atlanta, Minnesota, Vancouver, Detroit, Pittsburgh, Phoenix, San Jose, Nashville for NHL. Wilkes-Barre, Hamilton, Worcester, Cincinnati, Cleveland for AHL. Gwinnett, Wheeling for ECHL. Huntsville for SPHL and NCAA, Vancouver for WHL, Windsor for OHL and Fenway Park for the first year of Frozen Fenway.

Dying Alive

Phil = 2x Champ
Mar 11, 2007
Pittsburgh
The most notable ones I guess would be the Badger Bob candlelight vigil game and the game in 08 where Detroit won the Cup at Mellon Arena. Also the 2011 Winter Classic but I'd call that more infamous than notable.

Most recently it would be the game where Crosby scored his 1000th point.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad