Notable games you've attended live?

djpatm

Feb 2, 2010
Calgary
Not notable league wide but some pretty big games as a Flames fan.

- Game 6 against the Wings in '04 where they eliminated them to move on to the conference finals.

- Game 3 against the Sharks in '08 where the Flames were down 3-0 in like the first 5 minutes and pulled Kipper and went on to come back and win

- All of the home play off games in '15 besides the home opener. That was fun AF but damn that was expensive.

- Sam Bennett's 4 goal game last season.

SJSharksfan39

Oct 11, 2008
San Jose, CA
Most notable game:

Game 3 of the 2016 Stanley Cup Final and Donskoi's OT game winner

In terms of Arenas, only two: Honda Center and SAP Center. Would love to go to Staples center and T-Mobile Arena though.

Zen Arcade

Bigger than Kiss
Sep 21, 2004
Pittsburgh
Lemieux's comeback game.

My family used to always go to games each year around the holidays, the tickets were bought way in advance and it just happened to be that game.

A bonus highlight of the game was these two drunk businessmen sitting in front of us. They didn't know anything about hockey and of all of the players the Pens had at the time they picked out Jeff Norton. They spent the whole game screaming for him, even when he wasn't on the ice.

Another fun one was a Pens/Bruins game where the Pens tied it with around a second left and won in OT. This little kid sitting beside us said it was the worst game ever with about 5 seconds left, then said it was the best game ever after they won.

:laugh:

Sparksrus3

NYI - THE TEAM WITH NO ❤️
Jun 2, 2012
Here's one for ya .

1983 NHL all star game on Long Island
Gretzky scores 4 goals all in the 3rd period . Game was close till the 3rd then a blowout.
Fun fun fun.

The most fun ever was Wrestlemania #1 , March 1985, Madison Square Garden.
Hulk and Mr T in the main event tag team vs Roddy piper And Mr Wondeful
Big John Stud vs Andre the Giant in the body slam match
To much to list .
But Billy Martin was there.Mohammed Ali and Liberace too.

sat just a couple rows off the ring. I am in a you tube video when Roddy Piper breaks the Rock and wrestling
Cyndy Lauper gold record over the head of Captain Lou Albano.
Every match was special. That day was as good as any hockey ,football, or baseball playoff game I have ever been to.

Cheers

Last edited:

Ezekial

Cheap Pizza, Bad Hockey
Sponsor
Nov 22, 2015
Chicago
I was thinking when I opened this thread probably nothing at all. But then I thought about what it could be and I realized I watched Pavel Datsyuk's last playoff goal of his career game 5 at Amalie Arena in 2015. I was sitting basically where the camera is but at the blue line. 3rd row club level.

giphy.gif

Not much, but it's something.

adsfan

May 31, 2008
Milwaukee
I have been to 4 NHL games in three arenas. In 2016, I was in Nashville to see the Preds hosting Colorado. Pekka Rinne gave up 3 goals in the first period and was pulled for Hutton. About 5 years ago, I was in Sunrise to see the Panthers play the Leafs. There were almost as many Toronto fans as Florida fans. I was at the two neutral site games in Milwaukee. On 12-1-92, the Kings beat the Hawks 6-3 in front of 16,000 fans. On 3-16-93, the Caps beat the Wings 4-2 with Don Beaupre in goal.

Dogewow

Such Profile
Feb 1, 2015
My first game I ever saw live was the Sabres clinching a second round birth against the Islanders back in 2007.

Saw a five goal comeback (or something like that) at an Amerks game a year or two back. Seeing them win it with a few seconds left was something else.

falconski

Unregistered User
Jan 21, 2008
last game at the Boston Garden (the preseason game vs. the Habs)

most notable avs game I've been to was when they eliminated minny in 08

PlamsUnlimited

Big Church Bells
May 14, 2010
New York
Brad Richards' hat trick
McKenzie Skapski's 1st NHL shutout
Yandle's 1st Rangers goal (fro NYR Fans)
McDonagh's 1st NHL goal
John Scott goal vs Toronto
Scott Niedermayer's jersey retirement in NJ
Boogaard's NYR goal against Washington
Rangers comeback against the Bruins in 2011 from being down 3-0 in the closing minutes of the second. Scored 2 real fast goals at the end of 2 and came back in the 3rd to win 5-3. Would have missed the playoffs if they lost that game.
Eichel's 1st goal
Dominik Hasek's jersey retirement in Buffalo

Whale Mingo

Nov 18, 2012
2009 Stanley Cup game 7. As a Pens fan seeing Crosby's first Cup live will be hard to beat.

skymachine

Aug 2, 2005
New York
2016 SCF Game 3 - Donskoi OT winner (first SJ SCF home game and win ever)

2014 SCF Game 2 - the infamous Dwight King game

2000 SCF Game 1 - Devils light up Ed Belfour and the Stars 7-3

Hertl's 4 goal game vs NYR in 13-14

First ever NYR-NJ game at Prudential center, Marc Staal had his first career goal

Sharks OT win vs Detroit in game 1 round 2 in 2011

Frankie Spankie

Feb 22, 2009
Dorchester, MA
Boston vs Montreal Game 6 of 2008 playoffs was by far the most exciting hockey game I've ever been to and one of the most exciting hockey games I've ever seen.

It was insanely fast paced, huge hits, big goals, back and forth action all game long. It was even all the way through.

digmor crusher

Jul 11, 2009
Only been to games in Winnipeg, most notable game is when Teemu broke Bossy's record and threw his stick in the air.

Other notable game was in my small town, back in the 80's, NHL old timers team came to town, included both Richard brothers, Norm Ulman, can't remember who else, Rocket was the ref. Anyways, after the game both brother were just standing around in the lobby, anyone could go up and talk to them, not an NHL game but very memorable being a Habs fan.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->