Notable games you've attended live?

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Unfortunately, I've only been to MSG and Barclays, as I generally vacation in the summer when there's no hockey or around the holidays when I'm home. But one of these years I wanna go on vacation and take a tour of some arenas around the league.

I was at a game in 2004 where Jagr, Messier, and Leetch were all on the ice at the same time, on the same team, on the same line. I consider that a feather in my cap. They all scored too.

I also saw Anthony Beauvillier's first NHL goal and I saw Derek Boogaard score once.

Alexander the Gr8

May 2, 2013
Toronto
I was in attendance when Ovechkin tied Rocket Richard on the all-time list in goals, at the Bell Centre in Montreal. I thought it was particularly nice that he did it in Montreal of all places.

I've been to two arenas only, the Bell Centre and the Verizon Center (now Capital One Arena).

Del Preston

Mar 8, 2013
Heritage Classic 2003 (first outdoor game in NHL history)

Only arenas I've seen an NHL game are Rexall Place and Rogers Place.

Shruggs Peterson

Mar 1, 2017
In 2010, saw the game where Phoenix beat Chicago in a shootout to eclipse the 100 point mark for the first (and only) time in franchise history.......I don't get out much.

Also saw Pavol Demitra's last game in the NHL when Chicago knocked out Vancouver in 6 games that same year.

KnightsFan110

Apr 23, 2013
Oh god over the 16/17 season, I've been to many ! I went to about 11 Leaf games but these ones stand out to me

Matthews NHL Debut

Maple Leafs 100th home opener (So glad I got to witness them finally retire our honoured numbers we had)

Centennial Classic

Last Leafs game at the Joe

Game 4 of the playoffs vs Washington (wasn't a win but the boys almost pulled off the comeback!)

And in terms of NHL arenas i've been to they are as follows

1. Maple Leaf Gardens back in 1998 when i was 8 years old
2. Air Canada Centre
3. HSBC Arena (Key Bank Center)
4. Scotiabank Saddledome
5. Canadian Tire Centre
6. Joe Louis Arena

I've been to the following outdoor games

1. Michigan Stadium for the 2013/2014 Winter Classic
2. BMO Field for the Centennial Classic

PunkRockLocke

Jun 15, 2017
Pender Harbour
Been to games in:
Vancouver
Calgary
Edmonton
Montreal
Toronto
San Jose
LA
Anaheim
New York (MSG)
Long Island (Nassau Memorial)

Will be at a game in Vegas in February

not really any note worthy games though.....just lots of Canucks playoffs games over the years. Woohoo...

El Travo

Why are we still here? Just to suffer?
Aug 11, 2015
Mens and Womens Bronze Medal Game in Vancouver.

Also was at this game in Penticton:

KingsHockey24

Aug 1, 2013
Not sure if it would be considered "notable" but my first game I ever went to Dustin Brown had a hat trick over the Blues.

St3

Jan 10, 2015
, Location, Location
I was at the game where Selanne broke Bossy's rookie goal record with a hat trick (and his famous celebration). Just magic.
Also, the last Heritage classic game in Winnipeg with the Oilers vs Jets legends.

edit: ^ nice clip

Last edited:

RiceCooker

"We Got Some Looks"
Mar 6, 2007
Home !!
1996 Florida Panthers Conference semi finals .
I attended game 7 at the old Miami Arena where the Panthers won 4-1 to advance .I still remember the "Throwing Rats on the Ice".... had a Blast !!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad