Notable games you've attended live?

THall4

Feb 25, 2014
Edmonton, AB
Not all that notable..but that season it was for Oiler fans.

McDavid's first game back from his broken collar bone..when he dangled the entire CBJ's.

Last year, Game 3 vs the Ducks..Oilers lost that game..Ducks scored a goal whether Silfverberg was about a foot offseason...refs counted it... lol

NeverForget06

Here we go again !
Jan 7, 2013
Edmonton
Sam Gagner's 8 point night, Ben Scrivens' 59 save shutout and the Linus Omark shootout spinoramma winner.

The trifecta of highlights during the decade of darkness. If only I was there for the Yak slide across centre ice!

KingBran

Three Eyed Raven
Apr 24, 2014
I saw Hejduk score his 50th... I guess that was the most notable I have seen.:laugh:

Petr Sejna scored his first goal ever in his first NHL game against Patrick Roy too. That same day he signed with the Blues and drove up from Colorado Springs to play in the game that night.

What a day for him. That was the highlight of his career I am sure.

Hellraiser

Jun 12, 2015
New Jersey
2003 SCF game 2
2007 semis against Ottawa Langenbrunner double OT winner
2012 East finals game 6 Henrique its over
Brodeur jersey retirement

Last edited:

Caps8112

Sponsor
Aug 12, 2008
1987 Easter Epic in Landover

1998 game 4 red wings lift cup at MCI center

09 Caps score a billion goals on flyers in philly with flyers taking a billion PIMs in Coach debut (covered my caps logo a bit on the way out)

09 Ovi Crosby Dueling hat Tricks and the $225 nose bleed seats game 7 7000-0 Pens win

17 game 7 Pens win over caps

Other Stadiums

nashville
Carolina
Philadelphia

Enjoyed all 3

Last edited:

Skobel24

#Ignited
May 23, 2008
Winnipeg
I saw the Flames clinch the playoffs in 2004 (first time in 7 years) against Phoenix. Flames won 1-0.

I saw the Flames outdoor game against the Habs.

I saw Taylor Halls first hat trick against Atlanta (a day or two before the Flames outdoor game).

Rumplesnipeskin

Bar Down
Nov 30, 2011
Colorado
Last game at the old Nassau Coliseum
Opening night Pepsi Center
Patrick Roy's last game :(
The April 9th game Avs v Red Wings that ended the rivalry (60 minutes without a single penalty, I believe)
various Blackhawks SCF games in their cup runs

only 10 different NHL arenas though

Last edited:

rick6668

Jan 22, 2013
Rochester, NY
1984 Canada Cup. USA vs. Czechoslovakia at the Buffalo Aud.
My Dad took me, I still have the program.

19 year old Dominik Hasek in goal.

mrcod4

Nov 22, 2016
Lemieux's comeback game in 2000.
Game 4 of the 2008 final.
Zatkoff getting the win against the Rangers in 2016.
Saw Sid fight Dubinsky and Malkin fight Nash:laugh:

Los Patos de Anaheim

Nov 19, 2016
Idaho, USA
Not all that notable..but that season it was for Oiler fans.

McDavid's first game back from his broken collar bone..when he dangled the entire CBJ's.

Last year, Game 3 vs the Ducks..Oilers lost that game..Ducks scored a goal whether Silfverberg was about a foot offseason...refs counted it... lol

That was Perry who was offside.

izlez

We need more toe-drags/60
Feb 28, 2012
I went to the last game at Maple Leaf Gardens.

Then these are the moments that stand out for games I was at:

Sniper99

Jan 12, 2011
Edmonton
Gretzky's 1st game in a Kings jersey back in Edmonton.
Gretzky's last game in a Kings jersey in Edmonton.
Glen Sather banner raising night.

Only non Edmonton arena I have been in for a game was whatever they call that arena in Glendale. Gila Something Something Arena this past season when OV and crew were there. Nice arena. But damn, get some ***** in the seats.

edog37

Jan 21, 2007
Pittsburgh
- Lemieux vs Gretzky in the 80s after Gretzky traded to Kings
- 1992 Wales Conference Final Game 2 against Boston
- 2008 Stanley Cup Final Games 3 & 6: though Game 6 sucked for obvious reasons...
- Last regular season home game at the Civic Arena in 2010
- 2011 Winter Classic at Heinz Field

BobCole

May 21, 2014
In order of significance (to me, anyway!):

2017 Stanley Cup Final Games 5 & 6** (Pitt vs. Nas)
2016 Stanley Cup Final Games 3, 5 & 6** (Pitt vs. SJ)
2009 Stanley Cup Final Game 4 (Pitt vs. Det)
2010 Olympics Quarterfinals (Canada vs. Russia)
2006 Stanley Cup Final Game 6 (Edm vs. Car)
2004 Todd Bertuzzi/Steve Moore incident
2014 Eastern Conference Seminfinal Games 3, 4, 6 & 7* (Pitt vs. NYR)
2013 Eastern Conference Quarterfinal Games 4 & 6* (Pitt vs. NYI)
1996 World Cup of Hockey Exhibition (USA vs. Can)
1996 All Star Game

* = Series clincher
** = Stanley Cup clincher

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
The game Selanne broke Bossy's rookie goal record is still the game that stands out the most to me and I had to be like 8 or 9 at the time.

Cyclones Rock

Jun 12, 2008
Been a CBJ fan for a while. We don't do notable:laugh:

Did attend a game 7 SC Final in 1971. Tony Esposito fanned on an 80 foot shot allowing the Canadiens to win the Cup.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4LBzm7QWEkI

NHL games/arenas
1. Nationwide Arena Columbus
2. Chicago Stadium Blackhawks
3. The Aud Sabres
4. MSG Rangers
5. Nassau Col. Islanders
6. Brendan Byrne Devils
7. Spectrum Flyers
8. Boston Garden (old) Bruins
9. Hartford Civic Center Whalers
10. Savis Center Blues
11. Checkerdome Blues
12. RBC Hurricanes
13. Bridgestone Preds
14. Times Forum Lightning
15. BT&T Panthers
16. Riverfront Coliseum Cincinnati pre season NHL

The one I missed which would have been cool to have been in was the Richfield Coliseum in the middle-of-nowhere Ohio where the Cleveland Barons played for two years in the late 70s.

rick6668

Jan 22, 2013
Rochester, NY
My parents and I went to visit my Grandparents near Montreal for Easter. My Dad took me to the Quebec/Montreal playoff game on Good Friday.

What occurred is by far the most memorable game I ever went to and I think it'll be hard to top it.

For those who haven't seen or heard of this game, here's a summary and video.

After a number of fights, a bench-clearing brawl broke out as the siren sounded to end the second period. Amongst the fourteen altercations at the end of the second period were the Canadiens' Mario Tremblay smashing the nose of the Nordiques' Peter Stastny, and Nordiques' Louis Sleigher knocking Canadiens' Jean Hamel unconscious by hitting him in the eye. Bruce Hood, the referee for the game, sent the teams off the ice without officially ending the second period by assigning penalties for the brawl.

After the intermission, with all players from both teams on the ice to warm up for the third period, a second brawl broke out. The public announcer started reading the penalty summary as the players warmed up, and as players heard the confirmation that they were to be ejected from the game anyway, some felt they "might as well take some guys with (them)" (per Larry Robinson), as "they had nothing to lose" (per Guy Carbonneau). In particular, the Canadiens players went after the Nordiques' Louis Sleigher, furious with him for the damage he had inflicted on Jean Hamel in the original brawl. The second brawl included a fight between brothers Dale Hunter (Nordiques) and Mark Hunter (Canadiens).

The officials had to be summoned to the ice to restore order. Referee Bruce Hood was roundly criticized for his handling of the situation. Hood had failed to "complete" the second period by informing the time keeper and the head coaches as to what penalties had been assigned, including which players (including Sleigher) had been ejected from the game and should not return to the ice for the third period. Hood retired after the playoffs that year, doing so amidst speculation that his retirement occurred at the behest of the NHL.

A total of 252 penalty minutes were incurred and 11 players were (belatedly) ejected. Hamel managed to return for training camp in the autumn of 1984, but sustained another eye injury in Montreal's October 4 pre-season game, prompting him to retire.

Dieseloil

Jul 31, 2016
I was at Wayne Gretzky's first game with the Oilers when he was 17. Side note, i drove the Oilers and the cup to one of their parades in the 80's.

TheDevilMadeMe

Aug 28, 2006
Brooklyn
Martin Brodeur broke the NHL's all-time wins record and Patrick Elias broke the Devils' franchise all-time scoring record in the same game, and I was there.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad