Post-Game Talk: Not enough horses, Jets lose 4-2

Status
Not open for further replies.

GNP

Here Comes the Jets -look out hockey world !!!
Oct 11, 2016
Winnipeg
All the Jets have to do is win one game, after two games that they could easily have won, and they'll be back in Winnipeg with a chance. No need to give up yet. If Vegas were some juggernaut it might be an unrealistic hope, but they're an average team that the Jets are totally capable of beating.
I really like your optimism and hope this is what happens, however if the Jets don't get back Scheifele and Ehlers, I think Vegas takes this next game. The Jets seem to have such bad luck with injuries when it comes to the playoffs.

If Scheifele and Ehlers both are able to play, it's a pretty even match, and then I think we could pull out a win -- 50 - 50 chance.

We're just playing with too many star players out of action.

Reactions: hn777

Slimy Sculpin

Dec 29, 2013
Your lengthy post was excellent and I agree with everything you sad. But we lost and I'm grumpy so I'm going to point out your admission against interest.

You state that these were not penalties, in your opinion, after admitting how far away you were from the play. Then you denounce a referee for calling a penalty from halfway across the rink, but which is still closer than the 300 level. You totally invalidated your own opinion.

There, now I feel a little bit better.
Thank you and I appreciate your criticism. However, I'll rebut by saying that I had the benefit of the replay (several times) on the large scoreboard screen of the DeMelo "penalties". The referee(s) did not. I'll stand by my opinion that they weren't penalties.

On the way home from the game and this morning I wasn't grumpy, just disappointed. On to Game 5 and hopefully a favorable result.

Cheers.

White Out 902

I'm usually right.
Aug 17, 2017
Cape Breton Island
All the Jets have to do is win one game, after two games that they could easily have won, and they'll be back in Winnipeg with a chance. No need to give up yet. If Vegas were some juggernaut it might be an unrealistic hope, but they're an average team that the Jets are totally capable of beating.
Vegas is a great team with great puck movement and plays a unit. They're icing a team worth over 100 million dollars with the help of cap circumvention. We're playing great and holding our own. Unbelievably, goaltending is the difference and brossoit is winning the battle.

Do or Die

Jun 28, 2011
Schmidt is a funny guy, who may be "good in the room".....but a mediocre defender, who is useless on the power play.....

Reactions: Jets 31

gojetsgo

Nov 1, 2015
That is BS. They got one player back lol
he also goes on to mention tampa overcoming the injury to stamkos, ignoring that they still had a hart winning winger, a norris winning defensemen, a vezina goalie, the best 3rd line in hockey etc

The only thing Vegas had to "overcome" was trying to figure out how to circumvent the cap by $20,000,000.
yeah, our media is a bunch of jokes, one calls vegas resilient finding a way to win and the other acts as if an 8 seed losing an entire top 6 line and norris level defender is easy to overcome..

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
I can't believe what I'm reading from some people here. I'm certainly hoping it's a very Fringe minority, but we're really going to blame the fans having a good time and dressing up in white for the on ice product failing? We're an unattractive small market and one of the few things we have going for us that makes us stand out and it's a fun thing for us, we're going to give that the axe? Because why? Pld takes stupid penalties? A bunch of our skill players get hurt? Last year's backup goaltender outperforms our current goaltender who's paid many times more money? What an absolute f***ing crock pardon my language. I feel like this is bad parody of shitty fan takes on a sports themed onion.

Yeah the white out is driven by the fans and it's a way for them to cebrare their Fandom and cheer the team on. If the players can't hack it then that is on them not the fans doing their best to get behind the team.

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
This has been a pattern over the last few years. He gets overplayed and starts to tire by the end of the year.

Only Saros and Gibson faced more shots this season. Only Saros played more minutes.

I appreciate that his playoff hasn't been great (2nd most disappointing goalie this playoffs in my view behind Vasilevsky who is statistically the worst right now) but this talk about him not being an elite goalie is absurd. You'd think a fanbase that sat through 7 years of Pavelec would be able to tell the difference but here we are.

Yeah he's not getting any younger so they needed to find a way to manage his work load. If he's back they can't go cheap on back ups any longer.

Inanna

Maybe this year...
Sponsor
Aug 29, 2022
Off topic here but someone at lunch said the Jets have called up Arvid Holm and taken him to Vegas with them.

Is that true and why would they do that? Doesn't that hurt the Moose's chances in their playoffs?

Reactions: Stumbledore

Stumbledore

Jan 1, 2018
Canada
Off topic here but someone at lunch said the Jets have called up Arvid Holm and taken him to Vegas with them.

Is that true and why would they do that? Doesn't that hurt the Moose's chances in their playoffs?
The Moose don't play until the 28th so perhaps they figure he can be back in time from Vegas?

I don't expect Holm will see any action down there but it gives him a bigger one game payday. And maybe Rittich pulled something in practice that the Jets aren't telling us. Along with all the other stuff they don't tell us.

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
I really like your optimism and hope this is what happens, however if the Jets don't get back Scheifele and Ehlers, I think Vegas takes this next game. The Jets seem to have such bad luck with injuries when it comes to the playoffs.

If Scheifele and Ehlers both are able to play, it's a pretty even match, and then I think we could pull out a win -- 50 - 50 chance.

We're just playing with too many star players out of action.

If they rush Scheif and Ehlers a bit are they going to be able to play near 100%? If not, will they be the difference makers?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad