Post-Game Talk: Not enough horses, Jets lose 4-2

Status
Not open for further replies.

10Ducky10

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2015
Players are paid for the regular season on a daily basis. The NHL divides the season into xxx days, I think 180 days or however long the regular season lasts, and players are paid per day they are on the roster based on salary. A one million dollar player would be paid $5,555.55 per day plus a per diem for meals of around $100. If you are called up but you only play one game in 10 days you get $55,555.50 for your time. Plus $ 1000 bucks for food but the teams feeds you so you don't even need that money.

I have no clue about the post season only that I assume the per diem is still paid. There is a possibility of bonus money per round that would be paid to the players by the NHL.
Achievement Total Money Money per team
Presidents' Trophy Winner $781,250 $781,250 (1 team)
First Round Loss $3,125,000 $390,625 (8 teams)
Second Round Loss $3,125,000 $781,250 (4 teams)
Third Round Loss $3,750,000 $1,875,000 (2 teams)
Stanley Cup Runner-up $3,437,500 $3,437,500 (1 team)
Stanley Cup Champions $5,781,250 $5,781,250 (1 team)

If you win the cup and divide it 25 ways, everyone would get just over 231k each.
First round losers would get about $15,625.00 each.

gojetsgo

Nov 1, 2015
That tracks until they brought both of them to Vegas knowing neither will be back in time for the Moose to start their series. I get having them around during their own layoff but you don't need to travel with 3 goalies. Unless they're planning on having them in for practice tomorrow and shipping one of them back afterwards, otherwise it feels like insurance just in case Helle isn't good to go. Helle not practicing, especially during a 2 day break, also makes me wonder.
it 100% tracks, they care more about the jets winning then the moose, they want to give helle rest but need 2 goalies for practice and bsd got injured so they called up holm, it's really that simple...

Reactions: thereturn and hn777

Potrzebie

Mar 25, 2010
Thanks for the info. Six thousand bucks per day plus a per diem and I'm looking at my Sobey's tape and wondering where all the money goes. Sigh.

Time to clean up for my postponed-by-Jets-game-from-last-week date. A good movie can take one's mind off being down 1-3 in a series. I hope.
If you're shopping at Sobeys you just answered your own question.

Atoyot

Jul 19, 2013
it 100% tracks, they care more about the jets winning then the moose, they want to give helle rest but need 2 goalies for practice and bsd got injured so they called up holm, it's really that simple...
Could be. Weird for your star goalie to not be practicing at all at this time, especially since I doubt they're doing anything especially intense in practice right now and he seems to be struggling. Also it's hard to imagine he could take a slapshot to the head and have it bust him open without him suffering at least a mild concussion. You could well be right but I wouldn't be surprised at all if he wasn't 100%.

DRW204

Dec 26, 2010
I would add that Jet players do not draw penalties. For example, when is the last time Connor has drawn a penalty? Ehlers draws them because he takes a beating going through players whereas Connor is more perimeter play.
PLD usually takes someone with him.
Lowry is a beast who rarely goes down
Scheifele rarely gets the benefit of the doubt
an I could go on but overall NHL refs have never been accused of calling 'fair' games.
The pp opportunities are 14-12 for Vegas. 1 extra PP opp every 2 games.

The Jets had the 9th most pp opportunities in the regular season.

Idk seems like they draw their fair share

• Wow
Reactions: johnnyonthspot

tbcwpg

Jan 25, 2011
Could be. Weird for your star goalie to not be practicing at all at this time, especially since I doubt they're doing anything especially intense in practice right now and he seems to be struggling. Also it's hard to imagine he could take a slapshot to the head and have it bust him open without him suffering at least a mild concussion. You could well be right but I wouldn't be surprised at all if he wasn't 100%.

Goaltending is a lot about being in a good mindset. Hellebuyck doesn't need to take shots during practice drills to "fix" himself.

Atoyot

Jul 19, 2013
Goaltending is a lot about being in a good mindset. Hellebuyck doesn't need to take shots during practice drills to "fix" himself.
Considering his reputation of being a work horse I'd expect that to be exactly how he'd try to get back into the rhythm, by taking as much rubber as possible, especially with 2 days off. Again, I'm not guaranteeing he's injured, I'm just saying the whole situation feels off and I wouldn't be surprised.

Ggg99

Sep 17, 2018
So I did a quick check on all 8 playoffs series because I found it strange after 4 games the Jets never had more PPs than Vegas in any of the games ... so sure enough I was right.
The Jets are the only team in the playoffs that never had more PPs than the other team in any game.
Leafs media complained about all the Tampa PPs in the first game since then Leafs 13-9 PPs.
Face it small market teams get **** on.
5F4391A3-31DB-4D5E-AE2A-AE8ABB70A63F.gif

Flyby

Sponsor
Jan 6, 2022
What are you saying? That because of the White-out we are losing?
It is possible that visually the white in the stands puts them at a disadvantage. Maybe the away team, wearing white, is somewhat camouflaged or there is some other optical affect that contributes to our terrible win loss record. Just a thought.

Teemusalami204

Jul 30, 2014
Winnipeg
It is possible that visually the white in the stands puts them at a disadvantage. Maybe the away team, wearing white, is somewhat camouflaged or there is some other optical affect that contributes to our terrible win loss record. Just a thought.
If anything

It’s the emotion that comes from it . And the hype around the white out.

The white out isn’t the problem . The players not using it as jet fuel properly maybe is ?

SensibleGuy

Nov 26, 2011
jeez. :facepalm:

They went to the semis in 2018 in front of Whitout crowds. The reason for their poor win/loss record in the playoffs has everything to do with being an under-performing group (just like large parts of the regular seasons) and nothing to do with what the fans are wearing.

SensibleGuy

Nov 26, 2011
Oh here we go...the Morning show on OB is about to interview a guy who has some "disturbing thoughts" on the Whteout. Oy! This is gonna be good! lol

Ah, nevermind - nothing silly at all. Story about a health emergency during the party.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad