Post-Game Talk: Not enough horses, Jets lose 4-2

Status
Not open for further replies.

rkp

Mar 31, 2011
No one had issues with the Whiteout while we were riding high all the way to the WCF in 2018. Suddenly it’s cursed once our team subsequently imploded and has yet to substantially recover?!
Once Buff "retired"...the window for this team to win big was really, for all intensive purposes, closed, slammed shut for good.

as for 55, with him in/or out of the lineup, there wasnt much offence from him either way.....

Jets 31

This Dude loves the Jets and GIF's
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
Once Buff "retired"...the window for this team to win big was really, for all intensive purposes, closed, slammed shut for good.

as for 55, with him in/or out of the lineup, there wasnt much offence from him either way.....
Losing Buff really sucked, losing Buff for absolutely nothing really hurt this team.

rkp

Mar 31, 2011
Yeah I agree. They haven't been super quick or their traditional tenacity. I wouldn't trust their goaltending either.
Kinda agree, but maybe they re just playing up to the jets level and enuff to win.....

White Out 902

I'm usually right.
Aug 17, 2017
Cape Breton Island
Wheeler gets criticized, deservedly, for a lot of things but in all his time here I dont know if a single poster has questioned his effort. I wish the rest of our stars were more like him.
For the all of the shit that I did on Wheeler he has been an absolute Warrior and I'm thoroughly impressed with his effort. I wish I could say the same for all of our big name players.

Jets 31

This Dude loves the Jets and GIF's
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
Wheeler gets criticized, deservedly, for a lot of things but in all his time here I dont know if a single poster has questioned his effort. I wish the rest of our stars were more like him.
Yes Wheeler played very well yesterday, Connor and Dubois not so much. No way Wheeler should be playing better than those 2 , i don't expect Wheeler to play better than them but good thing he is.

WolfHouse

Oct 4, 2020
Yes Wheeler played very well yesterday, Connor and Dubois not so much. No way Wheeler should be playing better than those 2 , i don't expect Wheeler to play better than them but good thing he is.
It didn't feel like KFC-PLD-Nino clicked... Scheifele never should have been put back at 2C - Vegas didn't have to worry about that match up anymore

It so weird that losing Eyssimont kind of hurt this team and we never replaced his effectiveness with KFC-PLD

R Zardo

Oct 4, 2022
37 didn't have a chance to steal last night's game. Two of the goals were deflections.

MelikeJets

Feb 18, 2019
Winnipeg
Meh, good game to watch, shit result.

How well can a bubble team do when it is without 1/2 the top six and the #1D.

We seem to say this every f***ing playoff series though.
I hate being a bubble team! Chevy should have started the rebuild last summer...wasted another year.

Reactions: WaveRaven

sipowicz

The thrill is gone
Mar 16, 2011
It's almost like some people forgot the last half of the season (and the several seasons before) happened. Saying "we could have won if" doesn't change the fact that we didn't win. Maybe we win one more game...could happen. But in the end, we're going to be done in round 1 as mostly expected of an 8th seed/bubble team. It's time for real change this off-season. And that change has absolutely nothing to do with The Whiteout lol...
That’s sensible there guy!

Reactions: Shaundogg

White Out 902

I'm usually right.
Aug 17, 2017
Cape Breton Island
Stanley was tentative as f***. I don't think I've ever seen such a big man be so worthless with his own body. There was a perfect time in the game last night, I think the second, no first or third period where he should have pinched but didn't and played so timid, what an absolute waste of a huge frame

Slimy Sculpin

Dec 29, 2013
Stanley was tentative as f***. I don't think I've ever seen such a big man be so worthless with his own body. There was a perfect time in the game last night, I think the second, no first or third period where he should have pinched but didn't and played so timid, what an absolute waste of a huge frame
I know the play that you're referring too. I thought the same but my son, who was seated beside me and who has played and coached at a high level, said that given the situation.....second period of a still close game, the way that Vegas was positioned to break out on that play, etc., it was the right thing to do, not pinch, that is. Of course, we all have opinions.

Reactions: FFHockey

kanadalainen

A pint of dark matter, please.
Jan 7, 2017
The 100th Meridian
My morning playlist:

Angry Chair - Alice in Chains
Say it ain't so - Weezer
Dumb - Nirvana
Black - Pearl Jam
It ain't like that - Alice in Chains
Nothing Else Matters - Metallica
Man in a Box - AIC
m.A.A.d city - Kendrick Lamar
when the party's over - Billie Ellish
Bullet with Butterfly Wings - Smashing Pumpkins
Into the Void - Black Sabbath

:)

Huffer

Jul 16, 2010
This is a hard series to stomach. Without Ehlers and Perfetti the Jets came out and played well in game 1 and took the game. Many of us were hoping Ehlers was coming back and the team would have a chance in the series. They didn't play great in game 2 and lost. They started horrible in game 3 and lost their best D, but made a great comeback. Almost winning in OT. After losing Scheifele in game 4 early again, that's a lot to overcome.

And what is frustrating is the nature of the injuries. Ehlers is injured on a garbage dirty hit. Morrissey on a routine hit he initiated, and Scheifele gets injured on a breakaway. That's frustrating.

When you add in a few no shows (Helle and Connor more notably), as the thread title states, there's just not enough horses.

Props though to the guys who have brought it this series.

Adam Lowry takes criticism on this board, but he's exactly the kind of guy you need in the playoffs. hits, goes to the net, is defensively responsible, has brought some scoring, and brings it every night.

Wheeler as well has been solid so far. Pionk has been a chaos machine for lots of the season, but have to give him props as well. Dillon, Samberg, and Demelo too.

kylbaz

Winnipeg <3
Nov 14, 2015
www.movingtowinnipeg.ca
Second day calm down. Jets played well for missing three of their top players. Can't expect much more than that vs a top team.
I still wish Chevy would have made a D upgrade at the deadline.
Helle still needs to be better than that. This is a top goalie in the league he needs to step it up.

Off topic, I think one of the most infuriating things is see someone not wearing white at a Jets game. I wonder what goes through someone's head? I'd feel like an idiot.

This is a hard series to stomach. Without Ehlers and Perfetti the Jets came out and played well in game 1 and took the game. Many of us were hoping Ehlers was coming back and the team would have a chance in the series. They didn't play great in game 2 and lost. They started horrible in game 3 and lost their best D, but made a great comeback. Almost winning in OT. After losing Scheifele in game 4 early again, that's a lot to overcome.

And what is frustrating is the nature of the injuries. Ehlers is injured on a garbage dirty hit. Morrissey on a routine hit he initiated, and Scheifele gets injured on a breakaway. That's frustrating.

When you add in a few no shows (Helle and Connor more notably), as the thread title states, there's just not enough horses.

Props though to the guys who have brought it this series.

Adam Lowry takes criticism on this board, but he's exactly the kind of guy you need in the playoffs. hits, goes to the net, is defensively responsible, has brought some scoring, and brings it every night.

Wheeler as well has been solid so far. Pionk has been a chaos machine for lots of the season, but have to give him props as well. Dillon, Samberg, and Demelo too.
Agree with everything, plus Dubois. Where was first game Dubois? That playoff Dubois can take over a game on his own, similar to what Buff did. Chirping, hitting, causing chaos. None of that since first game.

Jet

Free Capo!
Jul 20, 2004
Florida
Its over with this version of Hellebuyck. I know there are others that need to be better, but again, even healthy I said that Hellebuyck had to be at the top of his game and he's allowed too many backbreaking goals. When Brossoit is outplaying you that is a problem.

I know I'm emotional but I am ready for a whole new guard - I'd be looking to move our expiring contracts and loading up on draft picks.

Hellebuyck outside of the first 2 rounds of 17-18 has been a very average goaltender, Scheifele can't seem to stay healthy - nor can Ehlers.

I don't know what happened to Connor but man have the wheels fallen off.

When your best 2 forwards are Wheeler and Lowry, you are in trouble.

I think Pionk has filled in admirably for Morrissey but he will never be even close to the ilk of 44.

Sell sell sell and bring a new GM in to hire his own coach and draft the new core.

White Out 902

I'm usually right.
Aug 17, 2017
Cape Breton Island
I know the play that you're referring too. I thought the same but my son, who was seated beside me and who has played and coached at a high level, said that given the situation.....second period of a still close game, the way that Vegas was positioned to break out on that play, etc., it was the right thing to do, not pinch, that is. Of course, we all have opinions.
It was the right play because he had the time and space. He misread the situation. As did your son with all respect, not trying to crap on him. Pinch or take the body with a huge body check. That's what a guy his size ought to be doing

CorgisPer60

Barking at the net
Apr 15, 2012
Please Understand
Its over with this version of Hellebuyck. I know there are others that need to be better, but again, even healthy I said that Hellebuyck had to be at the top of his game and he's allowed too many backbreaking goals. When Brossoit is outplaying you that is a problem.

I know I'm emotional but I am ready for a whole new guard - I'd be looking to move our expiring contracts and loading up on draft picks.

Hellebuyck outside of the first 2 rounds of 17-18 has been a very average goaltender, Scheifele can't seem to stay healthy - nor can Ehlers.

I don't know what happened to Connor but man have the wheels fallen off.

When your best 2 forwards are Wheeler and Lowry, you are in trouble.

I think Pionk has filled in admirably for Morrissey but he will never be even close to the ilk of 44.

Sell sell sell and bring a new GM in to hire his own coach and draft the new core.

100% agree with all this. They need to restructure their core. A bunch of runoff has beens does not inspire confidence. This is the last gasp of this core. The Jets need to be proactive for once in their goddamn life. See the writing on the wall. You got your two games of playoff revenue. That's apparently all you really cared about.

Adam da bomb

May 1, 2016
Second day calm down. Jets played well for missing three of their top players. Can't expect much more than that vs a top team.
I still wish Chevy would have made a D upgrade at the deadline.
Helle still needs to be better than that. This is a top goalie in the league he needs to step it up.

Off topic, I think one of the most infuriating things is see someone not wearing white at a Jets game. I wonder what goes through someone's head? I'd feel like an idiot.

Agree with everything, plus Dubois. Where was first game Dubois? That playoff Dubois can take over a game on his own, similar to what Buff did. Chirping, hitting, causing chaos. None of that since first game.
I’m glad Chevy didn’t spend a 1st to upgrade any position. This team is not an upgraded d away from being a contender. The core has been mediocre and needs to be torn down.

We all know this. In the end, it doesn't change anything. Much like with Maurice - basically an OK coach and not really to blame for the teams lack of success - there comes a time when change has to happen regardless of what the "explanations/excuses" might be. Any GM we have is going to have a tough job. The next guy may be worse than Chevy. But, it's still probably time for a new guy to have a shot.

Having said that though, I sure hope any move that is made isn't done the way the coaching change was done. We need to get our guy...not the guy that decides to do us a favor.
How do you propose to get our guy to come to wpg? Coaches and GM don’t have or want to come to wpg unless they take a risk on an unknown and NHL is too result heavy to do that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad