North Bay Battalion 2020 Offseason Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

SeniorJuniorFan

Dec 13, 2013
Chicago Steel (USHL) drafted Brad Lambert in the 5th round, 2019. While this does not make it automatic that he goes there, it is not too difficult to imagine it happening in view of the elite talent already on the team, not to mention the Fantilli factor.

Uncle

Jun 26, 2017
Seems unlikely at this point, just too many other good options. Though I do think with what is being built here we are much more attractive than in years past, would love to see someone take the opportunity.

Reactions: View from section 9

Generalsupdates

@GeneralsUpdates on Twitter
Sep 4, 2017
Chicago Steel (USHL) drafted Brad Lambert in the 5th round, 2019. While this does not make it automatic that he goes there, it is not too difficult to imagine it happening in view of the elite talent already on the team, not to mention the Fantilli factor.

He's not going there, he signed to play pro in Finland yesterday

barclayplager

Feb 9, 2014
….was looking forward to watching this team but the longer pandemic conditions persist I cannot see the season starting...nothing has changed to permit 2000 people to gather.....we may miss a whole season of development of a team worthy of watching….and kids lose a season of eligibility...

Reactions: Olden

AttackBeacher

Feb 1, 2019
….was looking forward to watching this team but the longer pandemic conditions persist I cannot see the season starting...nothing has changed to permit 2000 people to gather.....we may miss a whole season of development of a team worthy of watching….and kids lose a season of eligibility...

Its still such a long ways away. 6 weeks ago California was saying no way any sports we're going to be played in 2020, now they are opening Sports without fans on June 1st. They made up 6 months in 6 weeks. I get its hard, but sometimes the issues of today can cloud the promise of tomorrow.

Reactions: too_long and Uncle

ChicagoBullsFan

Jun 6, 2015
Finland
He's not going there, he signed to play pro in Finland yesterday

That Lambert signed with JYP Jyväskylä doesn't mean that he'll play there 150% likely.
Edmonton Oilers dman prospect Markus Niemeläinen
signed 3 yrs liiga contract with HIFK summer 2015.

But he didn't play at all in HIFK because Niemeläinen decided to come OHL and play in Saginaw Sprit.
I'll believe Lambert playing in JYP if / when i see him JYP's starting lineup in their first SM liiga game
if / when SM liiga starts as planned in mid September

Generalsupdates

Sep 4, 2017
That Lambert signed with JYP Jyväskylä doesn't mean that he'll play there 150% likely.
Edmonton Oilers dman prospect Markus Niemeläinen
signed 3 yrs liiga contract with HIFK summer 2015.

But he didn't play at all in HIFK because Niemeläinen decided to come OHL and play in Saginaw Sprit.
I'll believe Lambert playing in JYP if / when i see him JYP's starting lineup in their first SM liiga game
if / when SM liiga starts as planned in mid September

Niemelainen also isn’t nearly the player Lambert was. I’m sure Niemalainen wasn’t guaranteed ice time. Lambert would be

Lambert already paid Liiga games last year so not sure why you’re acting like him playing in that league would be a stretch

ChicagoBullsFan

Jun 6, 2015
Finland
Niemelainen also isn’t nearly the player Lambert was. I’m sure Niemalainen wasn’t guaranteed ice time. Lambert would be

Lambert already paid Liiga games last year so not sure why you’re acting like him playing in that league would be a stretch

The point is that if Lambert seriously wants to be 1st overall 2022
it would be wise to play against Wright in OHL because then it's easier to north american
scouts evaluate which-one is better.

If Lambert plays in SM liiga and Wirght in OHL that gives 1st overall advantage for Wright
because north-american scouts see him more than they see Lambert when he plays in SM liiga.

Other point is that as good as Brad Lambert is
his biggest problem sounds to be his megalomaniac and money lustful father.

I'm read some rumors of Brad's father Ross Lambert
and sounds that he's not easiest person to handle or work with.

Being honest it's a time for Brad Lambert to start grew-up for adult and take distance of his father
And if that requires junior hockey in OHL so be it.

Last edited:

Generalsupdates

Sep 4, 2017
The point is that if Lambert seriously wants to be 1st overall 2022
it would be wise to play against Wright in OHL because then it's easier to north american
scouts evaluate which-one is better.

If Lambert plays in SM liiga and Wirght in OHL that gives 1st overall advantage for Wright
because north-american scouts see him more than they see Lambert when he plays in SM liiga.

Other point is that as good as Brad Lambert is
his biggest problem sounds to be his megalomaniac and money lustful father.

I'm read some rumors of Brad's father Ross Lambert
and sounds that he's not easiest person to handle or work with.

Being honest it's a time for Brad Lambert to start grew-up for adult and take distance of his father
And if that requires junior hockey in OHL so be it.

One way or another, you're going to be right since you've said that he's for sure playing in JYP and CHL isn't an option anymore and now in this thread that you think he'll be going CHL lol
Brad Lambert signed today 2 yrs liiga contract with JYP Jyväskylä.
Seems that CHL is not a option for Lamber anymore.

Generalsupdates

Sep 4, 2017
Yeah if you watch the video interview he did with Saginaw's media personnel you can tell he was not a fan of how he was used up in North Bay and was welcoming a trade.

You don't just trade a former 1st rounder for a 4th and a 12th without being forced to do it. He obviously asked to be moved

Reactions: Olden
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Wagers: 6
    Staked: $6,201.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Inter Milan vs Torino