North Bay Battalion 2019-20 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Olden

Nov 25, 2018
Gameday!! Gonna be tuff but if we play like we did the other night. Ssm we always have a tough game. GO TROOPS GO GO GO GO

Uncle

Jun 26, 2017
Rolling 5 D with no Mayotte? What happened? Thompson 5 D. Could get dicey later in the game...

SpezzaNoLookDropPass

May 25, 2016
Rolling 5 D with no Mayotte? What happened? Thompson 5 D. Could get dicey later in the game...
Seems strange, heard something about a possible pre game injury? Not certain on it, common sense would be to scratch Struthers and dress king to run 6 D.
Anyone know if AC25 is injured?

Patricia

Aug 25, 2018
Now I'm a little confused - but in a happy way. 15 goals in 2 games, 5 PPG this afternoon, Struthers with a 5 point game.....who ARE these guys, and where have they been? Pleased with the results over the last two games - something to build on? Just my opinion - but this team is starting to show some flashes of their potential.

Reactions: Uncle

Uncle

Jun 26, 2017
Vrbetic made a lot of good stops but would definitely want 2 or 3 of those goals against back but a win is a win!

Struthers looked great! maybe he reads these boards and took offence lol.

Peters again created two breakaways for himself with his speed, looks dangerous but also looks like wingers campbell + korpi are having a hard time keeping up with him. I believe he also assisted on a Greyhounds goal later in the game with a terrible giveaway into the slot.

Great to see some 01's showing up consistently and continue growing and building for the future. Who knows they may continue to surprise.

the 5 forward powerplay has looked great the last two games and the pp in general saved us this game (has only been used 3 games with the 1st being against a very aggressive petes pk).

Also need to show some love for Arnsby who looks like he is gripping his stick tightly in the offensive zone but the effort is always there, backchecks and has his man every play, no floating from him ever.

barclayplager

Feb 9, 2014
Great team win. All around good performance by the guys
I rag on Stan and scouting so I will give credit where it is due.....the progress I have seen since week 1 is terrific and at this rate post Xmas should be exciting...the play of Christ. #4 and Armsby#11 have not been stifled..they give and take hits...Vrbetic is justifying trading last years goalies.....more please, sir.

Reactions: dirty12 and Uncle

SpezzaNoLookDropPass

May 25, 2016
Paul Christopoulos is an animal with the puck, gonna be the real deal, doesn’t take shit from the other team. Gave a guy a nice stiff arm while starting a rush. Nice to see Pacey stand up for himself today as well

Reactions: Uncle

Uncle

Jun 26, 2017
Paul Christopoulos is an animal with the puck, gonna be the real deal, doesn’t take **** from the other team. Gave a guy a nice stiff arm while starting a rush. Nice to see Pacey stand up for himself today as well
Agreed, also made a real heads up play instead of forcing a shot and slid it over to Thompson on the 6th GWG. No assist on the play but it didnt happen without him. Scored one for himself as well after stepping into a slapshot.

Uncle

Jun 26, 2017
I rag on Stan and scouting so I will give credit where it is due.....the progress I have seen since week 1 is terrific and at this rate post Xmas should be exciting...the play of Christ. #4 and Armsby#11 have not been stifled..they give and take hits...Vrbetic is justifying trading last years goalies.....more please, sir.
Very proactive and unlike the Battalion to move on from 2 goalies and get decent returns. Unfortunately the teams we've traded them to arent very happy.

Olden

Nov 25, 2018
I heard someone i think mayotte left in an ambulance prior to the game? Anyone here that rumour. Hope that hes ok thats scary if true.

SpezzaNoLookDropPass

May 25, 2016
I heard someone i think mayotte left in an ambulance prior to the game? Anyone here that rumour. Hope that hes ok thats scary if true.
Heard a player had left in an ambulance but nothing specific would make sense. Currie dressed as a D today

SeniorJuniorFan

Dec 13, 2013
Well, the stars (on this team) came out today: Struthers 3/2; Chenier 1/1; Coe 1/1; Primeau 0/2; Russell 0/2. It is amazing what you can accomplish with a lethal PP (5 of 6) and faceoff wins (41W, 31L), several of which led directly to goals. This PP production vaulted the Troops to 6th overall (29%), while PK is a solid 7th (78%). When SSM took the 3rd period lead 5-4, I thought Troops were done, they showed great resilience at that point. PC4 is some kind of D-man.

‘hounds’ team speed really impressed and for my money Jaromir Pytlick was the best player on the ice.

Entertainment value – very high.

After moving out of the Central cellar (okay, MIS is 2 behind with 1 in hand), the next 10 games might be season defining. 5 in a row on the road ( FLT, SAG, SSM, GUE, OS), followed by 2 home vs. SUD and PBO, followed by another 3 on the road (LDN, WSR, SAR). Yikes! Hopefully Sting will have a win or 2 by then, otherwise I am looking for some soft touches and not finding any. What would be an acceptable number of points from these 20 available?

SeniorJuniorFan

Dec 13, 2013
Some notes from this morning’s (?) workout:

Partial, or optional, session – 11 skaters, 1 goalie. Forwards were working on shot blocking up close to a shooter, using kid’s plastic pucks, coach Houlder had them changing positions, stances, angles, etc. to try to make contact. Some forwards were working on net front deflections – judging from number of successful tips, this still needs a few more repetitions.

Suited up and participating were: Nick King, not sent home, hasn’t left the team and isn’t injured. Presume he is staying active waiting for a trade; Simon Rose in red non-contact.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad