North Bay Battalion 2019-20 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wolfman Jack

Jan 19, 2009
Good on Butler to pick up Grima and change the energy around the team. Winning two huge games. Once the players have fun again the will play hard for Butler and be a tougher opponent. Even with King out of the line up who has a letter the team beat a good Greyhound team. Butler makes moves when he senses the team is faltering.

WJ

Texcanuck

Nov 28, 2017
Good on Butler to pick up Grima and change the energy around the team. Winning two huge games. Once the players have fun again the will play hard for Butler and be a tougher opponent. Even with King out of the line up who has a letter the team beat a good Greyhound team. Butler makes moves when he senses the team is faltering.

WJ
How about that! Pick up a D-man from a team that can’t keep the puck out of their net, and you’re a better team!!
Congrats!!

Uncle

Jun 26, 2017
How about that! Pick up a D-man from a team that can’t keep the puck out of their net, and you’re a better team!!
Congrats!!
To be fair Grima hasn’t looked like a shut down defensemen... definitely more offensive minded but can defend with his good mobility.
I think the past 3 games have been due to the overall shakeup consisting of a trade, major PP change and some line swapping. Players seem less complacent and more engaged, which is fun to watch regardless of outcome.

Reactions: View from section 9

barclayplager

Feb 9, 2014
..just looked at OHL media notes...Soo fans think Pitlyk may get suspension for shoving a linesman in end of game scrum.....also revisited Purboo trade..Stan made out like a bandit...4 picks...wow

dirty12

Mar 6, 2015
Weird comparing prices paid for lalonde vs billy const.

Weird that Kingston traded away one of ten 2001 born players; especially being one of only two RD out of eight D on roster. Though it is more than they paid for Peric, earlier picks too.
I had previously thought Constantinou would be a good target for NB

Last edited:
Reactions: Uncle

Uncle

Jun 26, 2017
Weird that Kingston traded away one of ten 2001 born players; especially being one of only two RD out of eight D on roster. Though it is more than they paid for Peric, earlier picks too.
I had previously thought Constantinou would be a good target for NB
And the cost of Staios, Peric as well. I was surprised nobody took a late round flier on Billy C.. it’s hard to look great on a poor team

foghorn

Nov 4, 2017
And the cost of Staios, Peric as well. I was surprised nobody took a late round flier on Billy C.. it’s hard to look great on a poor team
i respectfully disagree and would say that Billy C doesnt put out the effort on a poor team to try to make them better as top players will do and his effort and dedication to working hard reflected on him being ommitted from nhl draft...if he feels motivated on a decent team he could be an asset going forward, may work out in the soo

belair

Jay Woodcroft Unemployment Stance
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
i respectfully disagree and would say that Billy C doesnt put out the effort on a poor team to try to make them better as top players will do and his effort and dedication to working hard reflected on him being ommitted from nhl draft...if he feels motivated on a decent team he could be an asset going forward, may work out in the soo
Yeah, Constantinou made far too many errors with the puck in my viewings. And he's a mess in his own zone.

Olden

Nov 25, 2018
Trades trades i wonder what OA is going. What others would you like to see gone.

Uncle

Jun 26, 2017
Weekly news article on the Battalion site says Campbell was sent to Blind River.
For the better, not lacking effort but easier to work on his game and skating in Jr A.
Also noted that Vrbetic is injured and will not be taking the road trip which is not good news. Reece Proulx who is playing in Pembroke will backup Cicigoi. A difficult 3 in 3 road trip just got worse...

Reactions: View from section 9

SpezzaNoLookDropPass

May 25, 2016
For the better, not lacking effort but easier to work on his game and skating in Jr A.
Also noted that Vrbetic is injured and will not be taking the road trip which is not good news. Reece Proulx who is playing in Pembroke will backup Cicigoi. A difficult 3 in 3 road trip just got worse...
Not surprised to see Campbell sent down, hasn’t played awful but shouldn’t be getting time over A. Christo. Proulx has been playing well from what I’ve heard, cicigoi isn’t big Joe but he’s likes good at times

Diaero

Nov 29, 2016
Was just curious what the deal with Pacey Schlueting is? I've been checking to see if he ever starts putting points up but it seems it hasn't happened yet.

Olden

Nov 25, 2018
Was just curious what the deal with Pacey Schlueting is? I've been checking to see if he ever starts putting points up but it seems it hasn't happened yet.
He isnt a deal. But should be sent down for development.

Uncle

Jun 26, 2017
Mismanaged terribly in his rookie year, attempt at salvage job this year as it seems management realizes the youth is our future.

Soft on puck defensively and hasn’t shown much offensively. He is a nice skater but it doesn’t seem to get him much.

To end on a positive note, he has progressed more in these first 10 games than all of last year as we focus more on proper development and giving the young players chances to succeed.

View from section 9

Apr 13, 2016
To be honest he has been much better lately now that he's with Thompson rather than with Henderson. It's been a refresing change for both 5 and 20

Olden

Nov 25, 2018
To be honest he has been much better lately now that he's with Thompson rather than with Henderson. It's been a refresing change for both 5 and 20
Its to early to tell just yet. Lets not put the cart before the horse. So whose gettn scratched tonight??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad