North Bay Battalion 2019-20 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

SpezzaNoLookDropPass

May 25, 2016
King is the odd man out tonight
A Christo, Rose and Currie also out
Import comes back into the lineup and Hendo bumped up to the top D pair with Grima

INTENTIONALLYOFFSIDE

Feb 20, 2017
King will ask for a trade out now. That is a kick in the nads....he has always been their whipping boy but logged many steady minutes last year and the beginning of this season.
I thought he was best D last half of last season.
Stan/Adam sure know how to treat their players.

Reactions: Uncle

SpezzaNoLookDropPass

May 25, 2016
King will ask for a trade out now. That is a kick in the nads....he has always been their whipping boy but logged many steady minutes last year and the beginning of this season.
I thought he was best D last half of last season.
Stan/Adam sure know how to treat their players.
He’s been the best D all season, sitting him over Struthers is an embarrassment

Uncle

Jun 26, 2017
Korpialho saved his own bacon with his own goal after a bad turnover that lead to a goal for the gens. Peters looks like he’s shot out of a cannon. A little less complacency after a decent lineup shake

SpezzaNoLookDropPass

May 25, 2016
Didn’t go our way but one hell of a game, Coe had himself a great night. Primeau made a huge play in the last 2 minutes and looked like he could dominate the entire ice

Uncle

Jun 26, 2017
Entertaining game, came very close a few times to tying the game.

Couple thoughts:

Interesting attempt at 5 forwards all game on PP1, didnt result in a ton but appreciate the creativity.

Grima will help out quite a bit by the looks of it- smooth calming presence youd expect from an OA D. Good puck moving skills would show nicely on PP1. Him and King should steady the back end a bit.

Coe - nice to see him get one on a special night, very good first period he was everywhere, good the rest of the game, hitting guys and battling for pucks was great to see.

Cicigoi should slow down on playing the puck, multiple turnovers that almost lead to a goal (plus his one for a goal in Sudbury). Otherwise a good showing for a guy that has had some rough outings!

Thompson needs to work on his skating but a big guy not afraid to hit is welcomed.

P Christ looked like he was trying to do a bit too much, still made a few nice plays against a responsible Oshawa team.

Russell looked good again, has the puck on a string at times but doesnt move well. Good in tight where he should be more often I can see him scoring more.

Primeau im hoping will turn it on, many chances due to size and reach tonight but couldnt convert.

Moncada had another good game, havent been his biggest fan but will skate hard both ways for you.

Peters I think was our best player tonight after being put on the 4th line (with korpialho and campbell who werent great).
His speed was very apparent, hopefully he starts coming around offensively because he does all the right things otherwise.

SeniorJuniorFan

Dec 13, 2013
Unc.: good speed, you beat me to several observations: 5F PP where I just about lost my mind wondering if Stanley had lost his; Korpialho goal; CC35 turnovers, etc., etc. I would like to give Coach some kudos related to NK8. As pointed out above, he made an own zone turnover that led directly to a goal. And then scored about 30-40 seconds later to get it back. But the key, for me, was Coach didn’t have the 4th line hook out after giving up a bad one. He let them take the faceoff at centre and all involved were rewarded with the redemption goal, good on both parties. Just 1 game, I admit, but Nick Grima can play on my team.

Entertainment value was high and you don’t mind a loss to a superior and more talented team if the effort and results (almost) are there. If this team could deliver this quality of effort and play on a consistent basis, they can play with, and sometimes defeat, teams in their own neighbourhood, i.e. mid-pack and lower. Small consolation, yes, but maybe 18-20 overall isn’t necessarily automatic. I really liked the crowd’s reaction after the game, they gave lots of encouragement to the players after a tough loss.

The only real negatory observation concerns David Campbell, and more specifically Kyle Jackson (who had some 2nd unit PP time tonight). What gives with these 2 players?

Just out of curiosity, I wonder what the GM found so compelling in M.H. Has at 29 in the import draft that it was worth passing over Oliver Suni.

SpezzaNoLookDropPass

May 25, 2016
Something definitely seems up with Jackson, not playing like last year at all, don’t really understand scratching A Christo in favour of NK8 and DC12 maybe just trying to distribute playing time?

SpezzaNoLookDropPass

May 25, 2016
Also personally really noticed the lack of having Currie in the lineup, find he brings some stuff that should keep he full time

View from section 9

Apr 13, 2016
Something definitely seems up with Jackson, not playing like last year at all, don’t really understand scratching A Christo in favour of NK8 and DC12 maybe just trying to distribute playing time?
Giving all the young kids a chance to play. I find it brilliant and shocking at the same time that Stan is being, dare I say, patient or growing with the game?
Even the Stan haters have to be impressed with how he's got this team loaded with rookies playing right now. I am!

Olden

Nov 25, 2018
Why bench king? That was restarded wow. Also benching one of the twins wow. Hes better then most. He needs to be on a line with arnsby they were teamates before.

Uncle

Jun 26, 2017
Why bench king? That was restarded wow. Also benching one of the twins wow. Hes better then most. He needs to be on a line with arnsby they were teamates before.
I assume it’ll tighten up further down the line but yes if I had a say Currie and A chris would be in every night. Tough to have A chris and arnsby on the same line as that would be 2 rookies and they play the same position.
Struthers being moved seems to make most logical sense as we have forward depth to cover. Moving King after picking up Grima seems like a lateral move.

Reactions: View from section 9

Generalsupdates

@GeneralsUpdates on Twitter
Sep 4, 2017
I assume it’ll tighten up further down the line but yes if I had a say Currie and A chris would be in every night. Tough to have A chris and arnsby on the same line as that would be 2 rookies and they play the same position.
Struthers being moved seems to make most logical sense as we have forward depth to cover. Moving King after picking up Grima seems like a lateral move.

Grima looked good offensively last night. Several times he walked the line and got shots through which led directly to 2 rebound goals for NB

Reactions: Olden

Troops

Sep 25, 2019
Rookie A Christo should be in the lineup. 100 pt guy , way to go Stan. Giving the kid lots of confidence.
Best players: Coe, Peter's, Russell

Reactions: Uncle

View from section 9

Apr 13, 2016
You’re referring to 93 pt MM season where Wright, Othmann, Clarke were in the 150 pt range? He is certainly not a 100 pt guy in the OHL any time soon
And Arnsby was in the low 70's for points in his MM season I believe.
Rhys Forhan could have put up 90 points playing with Wright.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad