North Bay Battalion 2019-20 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

SeniorJuniorFan

Dec 13, 2013
Coach might be taking the Mike Amadio approach: natural centre not quite ready for prime time at 16/17. Placed him at RW for first season for league experience prior to moving him to the middle in his 2nd.

Reactions: View from section 9

dirty12

Mar 6, 2015
Arnsby might be playing RW because he is a little weak at this point to face off vs older players and it allows him to move up the line up a bit. He would be 4th C behind Struthers, Primeau, & Moncada.

hardclimate

Jan 7, 2015
Hockey News North reporting that Saginaw's speedy o1 birth date winger Nick Porco has asked for a trade - 36 pts last year.

Uncle

Jun 26, 2017
Hockey News North reporting that Saginaw's speedy o1 birth date winger Nick Porco has asked for a trade - 36 pts last year.
Picked one slot after Coe in the OHL draft and draws many parallels to him. We have many 2001 players as it is unless they wanna swap for Struthers lol

dirty12

Mar 6, 2015
Picked one slot after Coe in the OHL draft and draws many parallels to him. We have many 2001 players as it is unless they wanna swap for Struthers lol

Porco is the perfect age for the battalion, imo. As a LW he would fit in well with Primeau, Russel or Coe; and Rose. All 19 next season.

SpezzaNoLookDropPass

May 25, 2016
2 random notes from Thursday
Did anyone else see the beautiful saucer pass from Coe in the 1st period I believe a complete thing of beauty.
Grima’s jersey seemed about 2 sizes to big

Olden

Nov 25, 2018
I assume it’ll tighten up further down the line but yes if I had a say Currie and A chris would be in every night. Tough to have A chris and arnsby on the same line as that would be 2 rookies and they play the same position.
Struthers being moved seems to make most logical sense as we have forward depth to cover. Moving King after picking up Grima seems like a lateral move.
Either A christ or arnsby can play centre so.. chemistry is key.

Last edited:

Olden

Nov 25, 2018
Stoopid either way i think. Pacey needs to go to pembroke. Trades in the works i know this. See what happens i guess.

Uncle

Jun 26, 2017
Good first period! Moving well for a first period road game. Arnsby, Peters and Moncada in particular skating real well and hitting everything.

Uncle

Jun 26, 2017
Where has this team been wow
Officiating and goaltending for Niagara werent great..

Vrbetic makes it look simple, one impossible tip goal included on the 2 goals against. My only concern with him is lateral movement but his long legs mitigate that.

All the chances went in tonight. Nice to see an offensive explosion especially after not getting many bounces so far this year.

Currie - peters - A Chris played most of the night against Niagara's dangerous top line and did well!

Russell looked like our most dangerous player again for the 3rd or 4th game in a row.

Is Niagara's ice a larger than average sheet? we should look into getting one. Everybody played well and I think the extra time and space helped out D out.

SeniorJuniorFan

Dec 13, 2013
For those interested in obscure (and usually meaningless) numbers, here’s one:

Last season Luke Moncada scored his 4th goal of the season on Dec. 28 (Game 35).

Reactions: Uncle
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad