North Bay Battalion 2019-20 Season Thread (Part 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Uncle

Jun 26, 2017
The best Euro's typically seek out teams in the CHL like Halifax , London , and Edmonton , Butler will have zero leverage as his record/style is well known by all in the hockey world , while they might have 1st pick the chances of them getting the best Euro is unlikely, a good player perhaps. To pick a player in the import draft that will not report is a real bad hockey move, but I would agree to take the best in the OHL draft and roll the dice.

Yes I definitely understand that; though there is little disadvantage to having the 1st pick. Do the damn homework and find the best player that will come here as a no show brings us squat.

The Prophet

Apr 6, 2016
Yes I definitely understand that; though there is little disadvantage to having the 1st pick. Do the damn homework and find the best player that will come here as a no show brings us squat.
Problem is Butler has done a very poor job on the Euro draft in the past , does he even have a scout over there ? god knows he isn't flying over to watch players , so not sure what his homework would look like ?...…. A dart board ?

Uncle

Jun 26, 2017
Problem is Butler has done a very poor job on the Euro draft in the past , does he even have a scout over there ? god knows he isn't flying over to watch players , so not sure what his homework would look like ?...…. A dart board ?
Work the phones with all his High quality hockey contacts he must’ve made through his lengthy career :naughty:

SpezzaNoLookDropPass

May 25, 2016
Adam Thilander was a nice grab. Since then? Maier,Postnov,Korpihalo and Hugo Has, traded for Malik. 0 success

dirty12

Mar 6, 2015

can draft an ‘03 that has no intention of coming over before NHL draft, and hold his rights for when he does want experience on NA rinks. Some teams have success with that

The Prophet

Apr 6, 2016
can draft an ‘03 that has no intention of coming over before NHL draft, and hold his rights for when he does want experience on NA rinks. Some teams have success with that
Sure, but not a great game plan for a really bad team/organization who needs really good players ( and a new coach/GM) sooner than later .

Uncle

Jun 26, 2017
That would fall under "do the damn homework"

SeniorJuniorFan

Dec 13, 2013
Line combos from this afternoon’s workout:

1 (White) Chenier Moncada Coe
2 (Yellow) Jackson Struthers Arnsby
3 (Green) Caines Peters Russell (in red non contact)
4 (Gray) Currie Karpialho A. Chris.

Although Russell was in Red, he took place in all the up tempo drills with the other 2 Green. I wonder if this means he will suit up for the upcoming 3 game road trip. There was no sign of Mason Primeau.

Reactions: Uncle

SpezzaNoLookDropPass

May 25, 2016
Line combos from this afternoon’s workout:

1 (White) Chenier Moncada Coe
2 (Yellow) Jackson Struthers Arnsby
3 (Green) Caines Peters Russell (in red non contact)
4 (Gray) Currie Karpialho A. Chris.

Although Russell was in Red, he took place in all the up tempo drills with the other 2 Green. I wonder if this means he will suit up for the upcoming 3 game road trip. There was no sign of Mason Primeau.
Is primeau actually sick or is something brewing

View from section 9

Apr 13, 2016
My guess is his team (parents, agent, Vegas) has requested a trade. Primeau has had a rough start to the season and his stock HAS to be falling daily.

SpezzaNoLookDropPass

May 25, 2016
My guess is his team (parents, agent, Vegas) has requested a trade. Primeau has had a rough start to the season and his stock HAS to be falling daily.
Would not surprise me. He’s doesn’t seem engaged out there whatsoever. Considering his low ice time in Guelph I see a pattern developing

MCur19

Sep 27, 2017

Cuylle didn't show to the Petes ... look what they received

Uncle

Jun 26, 2017
Cuylle didn't show to the Petes ... look what they received
that was in reference to Import draft, if you look back a few more posts youd see my thoughts on OHL draft, would definitely take a Cuylle situation.
Would not surprise me. He’s doesn’t seem engaged out there whatsoever. Considering his low ice time in Guelph I see a pattern developing
Yea has not been as noticeable as I'd hoped, chalked it up as a lost year and figured he would be able to dominate next year.. Not sure what he would return at the moment which is unnerving.

SeniorJuniorFan

Dec 13, 2013
I have a bad feeling re: potential length of suspension for P. Christopoulos. Just coming off a 2 gamer and getting tagged for a slew foot after 1 game plus 1 minute is not a good look. I believe slew foot is generally worth 2 or 5 games depending on severity and the league’s mood at the time and I would have thought the number would have been up on the board by noon or a bit later Monday. Now with 2 full days having passed, I wonder if the league is deciding between 8 and 10 games for this repeat offender.

Is PC4 our new Zac Poirier? Or am I over reacting on this whole thing?

yacky

Jun 28, 2018
I have a bad feeling re: potential length of suspension for P. Christopoulos. Just coming off a 2 gamer and getting tagged for a slew foot after 1 game plus 1 minute is not a good look. I believe slew foot is generally worth 2 or 5 games depending on severity and the league’s mood at the time and I would have thought the number would have been up on the board by noon or a bit later Monday. Now with 2 full days having passed, I wonder if the league is deciding between 8 and 10 games for this repeat offender.

If you put play in slow motion, I think that it was unintentional. he was skating by the play. #11 LA should of been called for tripping. 2 REFS were skating around wondering what to do. looked like 2 idiots

Uncle

Jun 26, 2017

Id say over reacting this early on, unfortunate circumstances for sure but I dont think itll be a habit... I hope

Samee987

Oct 26, 2014

You are over reacting. 2 games for flicking the puck into the netting after the whistle and what appears to be an unintentional slew foot hardly falls into the "repeat offender category". However, the league is inconsistent with rulings so who knows.

View from section 9

Apr 13, 2016

I say no suspension. Many factors at play, 1 being a slo-mo review as mentioned does not show intent and 2 I believe it was #44 the chronic diver whom PC4 ran in to. I'd say the 2nd point holds more merit than the first.

Uncle

Jun 26, 2017
I say no suspension. Many factors at play, 1 being a slo-mo review as mentioned does not show intent and 2 I believe it was #44 the chronic diver whom PC4 ran in to. I'd say the 2nd point holds more merit than the first.
2 game suspension again as per OHL site, eligible to return December 1st :ha:. Sure doesnt help an already weak defense core.

Reactions: View from section 9
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad