North Bay Battalion 2019-20 Season Thread (Part 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

belair

Jay Woodcroft Unemployment Stance
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
Solid 60. Struthers playing like a man possessed. I wonder how long until he's moved. If he keeps playing like that, he might return more than the initial Brett McKenzie deal.

Nice to see them shut it down.

I'll also note that Schleuting's defensive game looks improved. Does a good job of playing the body.

Uncle

Jun 26, 2017
Nice team win today on a day that Kingston wins which is good. Encouraging to see stretches of constant pressure where they looked much better than their competition.

The net came off twice during a powerplay which resulted in a delay of game penalty which was a good call. Then knocked off again on the Coe Moncada 2 on 1 goal which resulted in a review.

Struthers looked great, many nice moves and 9 shots, many from the powerplay shot into the crest but looked dangerous. Coe also deserves some credit for making some nice moves down low on the powerplay which shouldve resulted in 2 goals. I find myself not shaking my head at his plays as often.

Peters looking more and more like his favourite player Rick Nash, skates fast, protects puck well and not afraid to use his heavy snap shot with a good release.

Good win without Russell, P Christ, and Primeau (where is he?)

Reactions: belair

SpezzaNoLookDropPass

May 25, 2016
Nice team win today on a day that Kingston wins which is good. Encouraging to see stretches of constant pressure where they looked much better than their competition.

The net came off twice during a powerplay which resulted in a delay of game penalty which was a good call. Then knocked off again on the Coe Moncada 2 on 1 goal which resulted in a review.

Struthers looked great, many nice moves and 9 shots, many from the powerplay shot into the crest but looked dangerous. Coe also deserves some credit for making some nice moves down low on the powerplay which shouldve resulted in 2 goals. I find myself not shaking my head at his plays as often.

Peters looking more and more like his favourite player Rick Nash, skates fast, protects puck well and not afraid to use his heavy snap shot with a good release.

Good win without Russell, P Christ, and Primeau (where is he?)
Post game write up from Friday says he wasn’t feeling well and didn’t make the trip. Assume he’s still sick

Reactions: Uncle

belair

Jay Woodcroft Unemployment Stance
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
Hopefully that OHLInsiders tweet last month was a false alarm. Trading Cam Peters wouldn't be beneficial in any way. He should be seeing top six ice with decent PP opportunity. He plays like a power forward despite being a slighter build. If he was just a bit smarter with the puck, he'd be seeing a lot more scoring chances.

SeniorJuniorFan

Dec 13, 2013
Complete team win today, especially considering they only had 15 (I think) skaters. I know Matt Struthers had some great multi-point games last season teamed up with the big fella, but today’s game might have been his best as a member of the Battalion. Agree with bplager re: Liam Arnsby as a future captain. I had already anointed P. Chris4 for the role, but 2 suspensions in 2weeks have cured me of that notion. Speaking of Arnsby, 3/3 on faceoffs, and his completely clean win and pull back to Nick Grima for his goal was a thing of beauty. Agree with belair re: CP23.

Speaking of short lineups, can anyone shed some light on affiliated players / teams? Aren’t they available for emergency fill-ins? It could get tricky with 3F already missing and 1D likely gone for 5.

We’re still #20 as the K-Fronts are on some kind of roll - 9 of last 10 points - (hello Christian Propp) and challenging for a playoff spot. Should we be trying for 16 or 20? And if we nail down 20, do we draft best overall who will likely decline the opportunity (I’m talking about you, Adam Fantilli), or settle for someone a bit lower on the food chain?

SpezzaNoLookDropPass

May 25, 2016
Complete team win today, especially considering they only had 15 (I think) skaters. I know Matt Struthers had some great multi-point games last season teamed up with the big fella, but today’s game might have been his best as a member of the Battalion. Agree with bplager re: Liam Arnsby as a future captain. I had already anointed P. Chris4 for the role, but 2 suspensions in 2weeks have cured me of that notion. Speaking of Arnsby, 3/3 on faceoffs, and his completely clean win and pull back to Nick Grima for his goal was a thing of beauty. Agree with belair re: CP23.

Speaking of short lineups, can anyone shed some light on affiliated players / teams? Aren’t they available for emergency fill-ins? It could get tricky with 3F already missing and 1D likely gone for 5.

We’re still #20 as the K-Fronts are on some kind of roll - 9 of last 10 points - (hello Christian Propp) and challenging for a playoff spot. Should we be trying for 16 or 20? And if we nail down 20, do we draft best overall who will likely decline the opportunity (I’m talking about you, Adam Fantilli), or settle for someone a bit lower on the food chain?
Go for 20 and draft best player, if he doesn’t show you trade his rights for a boat load of draft picks

Reactions: HockeyPops

Uncle

Jun 26, 2017
The draft will be a fluid and ongoing assessment as more kids commit and express their needs/wants (puke). Im still on board with aiming for 20 to get the 1st in both OHL and Import draft as it is the OHL's year to pick first in that as well. Pick the best skater that will play in the OHL (hopefully NB) and if they dont then demand a haul for them in a trade +compensation pick. I am hoping that by seasons end there will be more hype and positivity surrounding us due to clear build, direction and the progression of our bright spots.

Reactions: belair

The Prophet

Apr 6, 2016
The draft will be a fluid and ongoing assessment as more kids commit and express their needs/wants (puke). Im still on board with aiming for 20 to get the 1st in both OHL and Import draft as it is the OHL's year to pick first in that as well. Pick the best skater that will play in the OHL (hopefully NB) and if they dont then demand a haul for them in a trade +compensation pick. I am hoping that by seasons end there will be more hype and positivity surrounding us due to clear build, direction and the progression of our bright spots.
The best Euro's typically seek out teams in the CHL like Halifax , London , and Edmonton , Butler will have zero leverage as his record/style is well known by all in the hockey world , while they might have 1st pick the chances of them getting the best Euro is unlikely, a good player perhaps. To pick a player in the import draft that will not report is a real bad hockey move, but I would agree to take the best in the OHL draft and roll the dice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad