North Bay Battalion 2019-20 Season Thread (Part 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

View from section 9

Apr 13, 2016
lately on third line. The next time he is out on the powerplay will be his first.
He was on the PP late in the game when Chenier was off with the coincidental unsportsmanlike call. Yes indeed, I believe that was his first PP time of the season. Jackson, for some reason has gotten 2nd unit minutes all year.:huh:

barclayplager

Feb 9, 2014
5-3 Hamilton but hope it is reversed....our D is weak on the puck..our trouble all starts in our end...

SpezzaNoLookDropPass

May 25, 2016
5-3 Hamilton but hope it is reversed....our D is weak on the puck..our trouble all starts in our end...
On the 2nd goal Pacey got beat hard wide on the wall. It continues to be the same old story. I understand hitting isn’t everything but if the guy is on the wall with nobody behind you and you have the position why not lay the body

SpezzaNoLookDropPass

May 25, 2016
Post game write up mentioned missing P.Christo due to suspension, Korpihalo due to injury but didn’t give a reason for Russell anyone know what’s up?

View from section 9

Apr 13, 2016
Small sample size I know but to this point I don't see any issue with how Arnsby and PC4 have improved so far and both seem to buy in to the system.
Not many flourish under our system but the guys like Goodrow, Paul, Amadio appreciate how Butler developed them and all 3 seem to be enjoying good NHL careers. I don't think his theories are out of line, perhaps his delivery is the problem.

Uncle

Jun 26, 2017
Peters a breakaway + 2 crossbars so far, Rose also standing out. Overall playing a solid game, down 2-0 going into the third isnt ideal but they are very much in a game after controlling 75% of the 2nd period. They just need one

SpezzaNoLookDropPass

May 25, 2016
Small sample size I know but to this point I don't see any issue with how Arnsby and PC4 have improved so far and both seem to buy in to the system.
Not many flourish under our system but the guys like Goodrow, Paul, Amadio appreciate how Butler developed them and all 3 seem to be enjoying good NHL careers. I don't think his theories are out of line, perhaps his delivery is the problem.
I think his style does well for a specific type of player and does nothing for any other type.

belair

Jay Woodcroft Unemployment Stance
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
Purboo vs Propp tonight in KTown. Fronts up 3-1. Last place might be within reach.

View from section 9

Apr 13, 2016
The good ones who don’t never develop
Take Coe for example, I don't believe he would be any different right now regardless of which team he played for. Some can't be helped. I would never pin that one on Butler. I believe you will hear Arnsby one day while playing in the NHL credit Butler for making him the player he is. Similar to what we hear from the Goodrow's, Amadio's, Paul's and Brazeau's of the world.

SpezzaNoLookDropPass

May 25, 2016
Take Coe for example, I don't believe he would be any different right now regardless of which team he played for. Some can't be helped. I would never pin that one on Butler. I believe you will hear Arnsby one day while playing in the NHL credit Butler for making him the player he is. Similar to what we hear from the Goodrow's, Amadio's, Paul's and Brazeau's of the world.
Personally I disagree with your Coe take. Under a different coach I feel like he would be utilized completely different but that’s my opinion and I respect yours

Reactions: Olden

Poster man

May 5, 2015
Ontario
Interesting:

With an average of 3,106 fans per game, it marked the first time in the 19-year history of Brampton hockey (Battalion for 15 years, and Beastfor four), that average attendance exceeded 3,000 fans per game.

Brampton Beast

Attachments

• upload_2019-11-23_17-54-48.png
    upload_2019-11-23_17-54-48.png
    372 bytes · Views: 3
  • upload_2019-11-23_17-56-27.png
    upload_2019-11-23_17-56-27.png
    372 bytes · Views: 3

SpezzaNoLookDropPass

May 25, 2016
I wouldn't know because I've never watched it, but the ECHL is a professional league so one would assume the quality is a bit higher.
ECHL doesn’t have much in term of superstar players or anything. Might be a slight difference but it wouldn’t be huge

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->