North Bay Battalion 2019-20 Season Thread (Part 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

hardclimate

Jan 7, 2015
Expectations shouldn't go overboard just yet. The roster remains the same and a new coach can't be expected to work miracles. Fans can be cautiously optimistic that the team has turned a corner in terms of daily operations and direction and it remains to be seen just what kind of progress will take place. Here's hoping we at least will have some good news in the games ahead.

Reactions: Uncle

Uncle

Jun 26, 2017
Has he had any attempts at C? my memory is failing me but he looks best when carrying the puck near top speed; RW stopping and starting seems to kill his transitional speed. Imagine if he were the guy gearing up and receiving the puck in transition?
On the flip side im not sure he has the defensive acumen for C but at this point why not mix things up?

Is what I wrote in early October about Coe and C

Reactions: dirty12

SeniorJuniorFan

Dec 13, 2013
Lineup sheet lists Reece Proulx as additional goalie. There are 7D and 13F, presume scratches will be Niki Korpialho and Ryan Thompson. Any other suggestions / guesses?

SpezzaNoLookDropPass

May 25, 2016
is that a thing thats happened?
Not that I know of. If there’s a time to start it should be now. Better than him standing at the top of our end getting the puck and passing its cross ice through the neutral just to get picked off 7 times out of 10

belair

Jay Woodcroft Unemployment Stance
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
Kyle Wood might be getting his shot in the NHL soon enough. Just got traded (again) to the Wings for Oliwer Kaski.

Uncle

Jun 26, 2017
Very happy for the boys, must be nice bring on the other side of a comeback win for once!

Wow Russell very deserved of 1st star tonight ! He didn’t take his foot off the gas all game, chased pucks like a mad man and even threw a few hits in top of his 1g 1a.

Gotta show some love to Pacey too, he intercepted a lot of passing lanes on the penalty kill, blocked shots, separated guys from the puck, no airhead passes, a very sound game for him. His skating reminds me of a Jay Bouwmeester, if he can work on his first step out of the gate and urgency he can surely come around.

On the other side of things, Primeau? Don’t want to get negative but give us something...
And that 5 on 3 to begin the second? WOOF

Last edited:
Reactions: Samee987

SpezzaNoLookDropPass

May 25, 2016
Very happy for the boys, must be nice bring on the other side of a comeback win for once!

Wow Russell very deserved of 1st star tonight ! He didn’t take his foot off the gas all game, chased pucks like a mad man and even threw a few hits in top of his 1g 1a.

Gotta show some love to Pacey too, he intercepted a lot of passing lanes on the penalty kill, blocked shots, separated guys from the puck, no airhead passes, a very sound game for him. His skating reminds me of a Jay Bouwmeester, if he can work on his first step out of the gate and urgency he can surely come around.

On the other side of things, Primeau? Don’t want to get negative but give us something...
Found him to better than the last game. Henderson still needs to go. Love what Paul Chisto brings to the game but he needs to be reigned in a bit a lot of dangerous turnovers. Love the physicality Thompson brings on the backend. For getting picked up in the U18 draft I’m certainly impressed. Also noticed the D jumping up in the rush and carrying the puck up instead on dumping it

Reactions: Samee987

Poster man

May 5, 2015
Ontario
How refreshing to see Ryan encouraging the young lads on when we were down 3-1, and Scott & Bill settling them down when we took the lead.

soo hound girl

Oct 20, 2017
Congrats on the win tonight and a fresh start and you guys helped out your northern friends by beating Erie in regulation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad