North Bay Battalion 2019-20 Season Thread (Part 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

hardclimate

Jan 7, 2015
..could it be health related???
That was my thought as well. He was never the same after returning from his medical hiatus and it was apparent in recent games that he was not as engaged as in the past. Certain referee calls that would have had him foaming at the mouth in bygone days were being allowed to pass. The realization may have dawned on him that nothing lasts forever and that considering how things were going this season, this was as good a time as any to let younger people take over. Mr. A's next move should be to put Griffin out to pasture as well - his contribution to the club is basically zero.

SpezzaNoLookDropPass

May 25, 2016
That was my thought as well. He was never the same after returning from his medical hiatus and it was apparent in recent games that he was not as engaged as in the past. Certain referee calls that would have had him foaming at the mouth in bygone days were being allowed to pass. The realization may have dawned on him that nothing lasts forever and that considering how things were going this season, this was as good a time as any to let younger people take over. Mr. A's next move should be to put Griffin out to pasture as well - his contribution to the club is basically zero.
Griffin receiving pay cheques make me MADD

Greatger

May 11, 2007
Mr. A's next move should be to put Griffin out to pasture as well - his contribution to the club is basically zero.[/QUOTE said:
They need to clean house "completely" or sell the team. Griffin & McLellan (who couldn't sell coffee at Tim Hortons), should both be gone. The team is in dire need of a complete over-haul along with their look. Sarge should be gone as well, as many people find he scares the young children.

Reactions: barclayplager

SpezzaNoLookDropPass

May 25, 2016
McLellan should have never been hired in the 1st place. Failed with the cents and is failing again.
You have a university and college in town. Get them in the building
You have a university and college in this town. Get them in the building they’ll bring the energy

Reactions: Finster8

barclayplager

Feb 9, 2014
..marketing is brutal...renamed/colour theme needed to hit fan base...get in touch with STH,,,find out why they left....yelling into the mike does not increase energy level...ear splitting sound system is assaultive...legion pipes/drums were always opening nite tradition..rem day ceremony was more than a reading/silence....stale game day rings true..small town..we hear why hi schools do not charge...meal policy for NBFSC...small groups cannot afford our community rink...is the 5 million loan/surcharge gone yet..that may reduce prices...own food is smuggled in for young families...the whole hockey results lately is not the sole reason for att. drop...I want to see Abbott/team succeed...our Sudbury scout misses a lot of talent that Saginaw/Flint see...he has been there for 20 or more years...yr welcome

Poster man

May 5, 2015
Ontario
Good Luck to Ryan and all the newly appointed rolls!
Speaking of marketing: Kingston's Holiday promo has 6 tickets, 1 hat, 1 signed puck by the players & a original 6 pack of Coca Cola bottles for $99.
Our BIG Holiday promo is 3 tickets and a limited edition T-shirt for $ 58.50. Wow! As for entertainment during periods: I've seen grocery cart shopping on ice that's a good laugh and how hard is it to shoot a puck on a back board to win prizes?

Olden

Nov 25, 2018
You think a new team name and jerseys is gonna sell more tickets haha. Novelty always wears off. I agree we need more media. More incentives ect..

Uncle

Jun 26, 2017
Some video I watched reminds me off Keefe coming in after Babcock. Wants the players to be able to have an open line of contact with him, not fear him. Wants to collaboratively coach with assistants etc. Sounds like some stuff from this decade, which we have been hoping for.

Yahoo from the Soo

Dec 28, 2016
What I'm really surprised is the lousy media coverage in BayToday and the Nugget yesterday and this morning. They didn't say if Butler was stepping down on his own accord, whether this was a firing, and if Abbott ordered it. I mean, Christ, they went to a media scrum and didn't ask basic questions? Not only do you get bad hockey and lousy marketing and fan amenities, you get lame team coverage.

SpezzaNoLookDropPass

May 25, 2016
What I'm really surprised is the lousy media coverage in BayToday and the Nugget yesterday and this morning. They didn't say if Butler was stepping down on his own accord, whether this was a firing, and if Abbott ordered it. I mean, Christ, they went to a media scrum and didn't ask basic questions? Not only do you get bad hockey and lousy marketing and fan amenities, you get lame team coverage.
You can thank the team for that. They refuse to share any sort of information about any of that and Butler would give them attitude in previous years for even trying. They have had enough, hopefully Oulahen can rebuild that bridge

The Prophet

Apr 6, 2016
I believe the Owner was finally put in a spot where he had to gas Butler ( he is NOT advising anyone) just honoring his contract till the end . The top end minor midgets have made it very clear to the scouts and ass GM that they would never report as long as Butler was with the team which is nothing new but this year having 1st overall in both drafts , the team couldn't have it continue any longer . While the new crew have there work cut out for them , at least maybe the player's will be treated with respect , the 1st rounder will at least play the minutes that a 1st rounder deserves , good players report, and the kids develop over time here in the Bay. It can only get better from here !

IceCube

Mar 20, 2014
Well said Prophet.

I think if you read between the lines in what Abbott, Dennis and Oulahen said, Butler was dismissed. Yes, Abbott has a contract to honour which is why Butler is still in the fold. Dennis said he makes all decisions on trades so that indicates lots to me.

Better days ahead folks. So let’s start attending games and supporting the new regime.

View from section 9

Apr 13, 2016
I'm curious to see how the D are deployed. Found it very interesting reading from someone's practice update the other day that Jackson has finally moved off of the 2nd line. I'm sure he's going to be a good one but he was going nowhere fast playing top 6.
Perhaps common sense will prevail for the D as well and Henderson will get a night off tonight.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad