North Bay Battalion 2019-20 Season Thread (Part 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Samee987

Oct 26, 2014
Only one game but perhaps #5's best game in 2 years.

Overall, still some blunders out there but the effort and 'want' was there. I saw more slap shots in that game then I have over the last 5 years.

SpezzaNoLookDropPass

May 25, 2016
Only one game but perhaps #5's best game in 2 years.

Overall, still some blunders out there but the effort and 'want' was there. I saw more slap shots in that game then I have over the last 5 years.
Agreed. Still hope for the pacer yet. And it’s not like the entire team was gonna change overnight. Still too much passing on the PP instead of getting puck nets. Lots of improvement however

Uncle

Jun 26, 2017
A tip of the hat to Brad Chenier for his overall effort last night - scored a goal, blocked some brutal shots and drove for the net with an extra zip in his skating.
Last two games he has really been flying, imposing his will on games and really a difference maker. His stat line is telling of that as well. The OA market is saturated but I’d like to see him go somewhere and make a run at something, don’t really care about the return.

barclayplager

Feb 9, 2014
..the coaching staff was into this game..like the pat on shoulders...hand gestures...interactions were positive..fist pumps for coaches...young enthusiastic crew...interim may be gone by end of January....how was Sarge????2 jumps yet???

Uncle

Jun 26, 2017
nice to see a set play pay off, ice it on purpose and beat it there for a goal, have done it a few times now including last game.

Uncle

Jun 26, 2017
One of the best of the season from big joe but couldn’t get the win for him. Many opportunities, especially on the power play which clearly needs some work but it is what it is at this point.. I like the idea of losing to bottom feeding teams around us in the standings though.​

SpezzaNoLookDropPass

May 25, 2016
One of the best of the season from big joe but couldn’t get the win for him. Many opportunities, especially on the power play which clearly needs some work but it is what it is at this point.. I like the idea of losing to bottom feeding teams around us in the standings though.​
I believe we call these good losses

Reactions: Bra Wavers

hardclimate

Jan 7, 2015
Perhaps, but if the coaches are serious about trying to reel in a playoff spot, losing to the team directly above you isn't helpful.

Uncle

Jun 26, 2017
Perhaps, but if the coaches are serious about trying to reel in a playoff spot, losing to the team directly above you isn't helpful.
I’m sick of the 8th and final playoff spot so I’m happy. Not sure the coaches should be trying to reel in anything at this point of the season...

SeniorJuniorFan

Dec 13, 2013
Career 4.39GAA / .858SV% - conditional 11th seems a bit rich. But it is probably better to have an older player absorb some of the beat downs and to let the Proulx / Wray combo play and mature at a lower level.
I wonder if this means C Cicigoi is done for the season.

SpezzaNoLookDropPass

May 25, 2016
Career 4.39GAA / .858SV% - conditional 11th seems a bit rich. But it is probably better to have an older player absorb some of the beat downs and to let the Proulx / Wray combo play and mature at a lower level.
I wonder if this means C Cicigoi is done for the season.
Anyone know what his injury is?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad