North Bay Battalion 2019-20 Season Thread (Part 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Samee987

Oct 26, 2014
Okay, where does Mason Primeau slot in? 4th line centre? He is showing very little out there. After Thursday's 3rd period where Russell took over at C and was a force out there, why not leave him there. My biggest disappointments this year are Primeau and Caines. Another good outing by Schueting.

Reactions: Uncle

Uncle

Jun 26, 2017
Okay, where does Mason Primeau slot in? 4th line centre? He is showing very little out there. After Thursday's 3rd period where Russell took over at C and was a force out there, why not leave him there. My biggest disappointments this year are Primeau and Caines. Another good outing by Schueting.
Primeau is a black hole offensively these days, he’s trying to throw his size around a bit though, maybe out of frustration. Not sure what the answer is because he is not a top 6 player as of right now.

Last edited:

SpezzaNoLookDropPass

May 25, 2016
Primeau is a black joke offensively these days, he’s trying to throw his size around a bit though, maybe out of frustration. Not sure what the answer is because he is not a top 6 player as of right now.
Maybe a couple games in the press box will help

SpezzaNoLookDropPass

May 25, 2016
Not a luxury they have with only 12 forwards on the roster. The guy who needs the press box is 20, maybe it's just me but the new coach leans on him in key situations similarly to how the previous coach did.
I don't get it!!!
Rather have Pacey on the ice than Henderson. Seems to be playing a lot better with Stan gone. Christ almost had his 1st goal today

SeniorJuniorFan

Dec 13, 2013
Some random observations from Sun. vs. OS:

It was kind of neat to see all 3 ex-Troops start the game, and Adam McMaster makes a passable D-Man;

Road team was playing 3rd in 45hrs., but they had the jam and the legs in the last period;

Batts had same results in 2 consecutive: take 1 goal lead into 3rd, then give up 3 for the loss;

If Troops had a shooter or 2 it could have been over early, team played very well in first 2, couldn’t score;

Mack Guzda is OS No. 1 for a reason, he was outstanding;

Anemic power play (17th in league, I thought it would be lower) kept the puck in O-zone almost the entire 2 min. on one occasion (2nd per., I think), and while they generated lots of energy and excitement, I’m not sure they registered a shot on goal. On another penalty they almost didn’t get out of their own end;

Some mildly interesting changes from Thursday: Caines 3rd line to 2nd, Currie 4th to 3rd, Arnsby 2nd to 4th;

I sort of slagged new goalie earlier, he was solid and I hope he can deliver more of the same;

Brandon Coe assist on NB goal was a pro-style play, bring more of this BC;

Agree re: Primeau, the 4th line awaits, don’t see him sitting out even if they could, his “people” probably wouldn’t appreciate it;

From the “when you’re hot, you’re hot, when you’re not, you’re not” files: of course Matt Struthers scored the equalizer, and of course the winner was a 1st of the season;

Attendance was about 200 ahead of Mississauga (thanks OS fans), that counts as a win, doesn’t it?

Reactions: Noofgoof

Olden

Nov 25, 2018
Primeau hasnt been doing much. He seems very lazy. Is he nursing an injury. He doesnt look like a player who plays where he does. 4 th liner

Millpond

Dec 5, 2015
Some random observations from Sun. vs. OS:

It was kind of neat to see all 3 ex-Troops start the game, and Adam McMaster makes a passable D-Man;

Road team was playing 3rd in 45hrs., but they had the jam and the legs in the last period;

Batts had same results in 2 consecutive: take 1 goal lead into 3rd, then give up 3 for the loss;

If Troops had a shooter or 2 it could have been over early, team played very well in first 2, couldn’t score;

Mack Guzda is OS No. 1 for a reason, he was outstanding;

Anemic power play (17th in league, I thought it would be lower) kept the puck in O-zone almost the entire 2 min. on one occasion (2nd per., I think), and while they generated lots of energy and excitement, I’m not sure they registered a shot on goal. On another penalty they almost didn’t get out of their own end;

Some mildly interesting changes from Thursday: Caines 3rd line to 2nd, Currie 4th to 3rd, Arnsby 2nd to 4th;

I sort of slagged new goalie earlier, he was solid and I hope he can deliver more of the same;

Brandon Coe assist on NB goal was a pro-style play, bring more of this BC;

Agree re: Primeau, the 4th line awaits, don’t see him sitting out even if they could, his “people” probably wouldn’t appreciate it;

From the “when you’re hot, you’re hot, when you’re not, you’re not” files: of course Matt Struthers scored the equalizer, and of course the winner was a 1st of the season;

Attendance was about 200 ahead of Mississauga (thanks OS fans), that counts as a win, doesn’t it?
Thanks for the great hospitality, NB!

I really like your rink. Older, but well appointed, great sound, lighting, video, and sightlines

And darn nice folks . Hang in there, you've got the makings of great things to come, a gem of of building.

We are sort of in the same boat, maybe a bit farther along.

You saw the best of the Attack. The Soo saw the worst.

See you next time !
Hope some of you Troops make it to the Sound for a game sometime, to our little rink .

Uncle

Jun 26, 2017
Coe named to the CHL top prospects game, congrats!

Agreed on Denault, love me some jam but not when it pushes young assets down the lineup.

SpezzaNoLookDropPass

May 25, 2016
Stan Butler removed all battalion affiliation from his twitter. Active today on Twitter but decided not to congratulate Brandon Coe but did congratulate a coaching friend of his. Guess we can see how he feels

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad