North Bay Battalion 2019-20 Season Thread (Part 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tarantula

Hanging around the web
Aug 31, 2017
GTA
I thought about this NHL Coach abuse and wondered when it was going to trickle down to the Junior coaches. It won't be long before you see some Junior coaches start having to step down unless the junior players don't say a word in fear of getting black-balled.

He was kept on as a advisor, if there was any abuse issues he would at least be on leave pending a investigation. Looking like a hockey move

Samee987

Oct 26, 2014
Did anything really change other than the desk plaques? To me it's the same ole, same ole. Oulahen was always going to be the 'next' head coach. I would have liked a complete change to signal a fresh start. Let's just wait an see.

Speaking of NHL coaches, how does John Tortorella still have a job!! He's even abusive to reporters!

Reactions: Birddog

belair

Jay Woodcroft Unemployment Stance
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
Advisor to the owner is such a weird made up position
The Battalion are a budget team and Stan's been at the helm at all levels since they came to North Bay. I'm assuming he's there to ease the transition and be the link between Dennis and Abbott.

I'm not sure if it was here, but I suggested they'd do something like this before the end of the year. This off-season is exceptionally important for the North Bay Battalion. Getting the elite talent available to us at the drafts to report is an absolute priority.

Last edited:
Reactions: Uncle

Uncle

Jun 26, 2017
The Battalion are a budget team and Stan's been at the helm at all levels since they came to North Bay. I'm assuming he's there to ease the transition and be the link between Dennis and Abbott.

I'm not sure if it was here, but I suggested they'd do something like this before the end of the year. This off-season is exceptionally important for the North Bay Battalion. Getting the elite talent available to us at the drafts to report is an absolute priority.
Hopefully this move brings new life to the org, all we need is one fish to bite to leverage it onto others.

SeniorJuniorFan

Dec 13, 2013
Observations from Tue. p.m.:

Workout (at least the part I saw) was spirited and up tempo;

Line changes were few but might be significant – Liam Arnsby (2nd) with Primeau and Russell; Kyle Jackson (4th) with A. Chris. and Currie (can’t remember if Korpialho was on ice or not); 1st and 3rd remained as is;

GM Dennis was on ice, in steady conversation with (Interim) Coach Oulahen;

Presume 1 goalie was S. Wray, no apparent sign of C.C.;

No sign of S.B.

Tarantula

Hanging around the web
Aug 31, 2017
GTA
don’t think so. Dennis & Oulahan are Butler hires, and, Butler from day 1 was and likely always be the owner’s guy.

It's common for a coach relieved of his duties or a GM to get consulting positions, though admittingly more so in pro hockey. However he no longer is the coach nor is he a GM. His sphere of influence has been greatly reduced nonetheless.

dirty12

Mar 6, 2015
It's common for a coach relieved of his duties or a GM to get consulting positions, though admittingly more so in pro hockey. However he no longer is the coach nor is he a GM. His sphere of influence has been greatly reduced nonetheless.

days of day to day decisions should be over, sphere of influence being greatly reduced while Abbott is sole owner I’m not so sure.

Tarantula

Hanging around the web
Aug 31, 2017
GTA
days of day to day decisions should be over, sphere of influence being greatly reduced while Abbott is sole owner I’m not so sure.

Fair enough considering the lenght of history between them. Usually this kind of job post is largely a title fot the most part, perhaps not quite so much here. I am just guessing but I would think being relieved of both duties is a indication that he wouldn't be having steady input, otherwise name him president of operations and frame it as a promotion, which clearly it is not. On the other hand to your point, the owner has had no one else in those positions before so perhaps SB does have some input.

Reactions: dirty12

SpezzaNoLookDropPass

May 25, 2016
Fair enough considering the lenght of history between them. Usually this kind of job post is largely a title fot the most part, perhaps not quite so much here. I am just guessing but I would think being relieved of both duties is a indication that he wouldn't be having steady input, otherwise name him president of operations and frame it as a promotion, which clearly it is not. On the other hand to your point, the owner has had no one else in those positions before so perhaps SB does have some input.
Teams president shouldn’t be allowed to drive to work :ha:

View from section 9

Apr 13, 2016
I wonder if in the role of special adviser Stan may seek a job elsewhere.

You'd think someone with a veteran loaded team may want him.

IceCube

Mar 20, 2014
I think what has happened here is the Stan, who has a few years left on his contract and been a loyal although unsuccessful soldier for Abbott for 20 years, is being paid and given a title only. He will have no say with the team on or off the ice. The new younger minds and attitudes will lead the way.

Stan was verbally hard on the players and the new coach and GM, will be more supportive and nurturing. Given them time folks, you might like what you have in a few years.

Olden

Nov 25, 2018
I think what has happened here is the Stan, who has a few years left on his contract and been a loyal although unsuccessful soldier for Abbott for 20 years, is being paid and given a title only. He will have no say with the team on or off the ice. The new younger minds and attitudes will lead the way.

Stan was verbally hard on the players and the new coach and GM, will be more supportive and nurturing. Given them time folks, you might like what you have in a few years.
We can only hope Stan doesnt have any authority.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad