North Bay Battalion 2019-20 Season Thread (Part 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

SeniorJuniorFan

Dec 13, 2013
While Luke Moncada might not fill the bill as a true 1C, for my money he is the team’s MVP because of 2 numbers which jump off the page: NB goal diff. is a league worst (by a lot) -70, his +/- rating is -2. Say what you will about the validity of +/- numbers, in this instance I think it is a pretty strong indicator.

Uncle

Jun 26, 2017
Not that we need to be picking up overagers but Barrie released Jacob Tortora today, whenever he had the puck against us he looked dangerous. We are #1 on the waiver wire.

SeniorJuniorFan

Dec 13, 2013
Ho,hum, just another night at the office for ex-Troops. After Matt Struthers’ 1G (O/T winner, of course) 2A and 1st star last night, how about this: C. Propp 40/44 saves, plus another 2 in S/O for KGN win vs. OSH, helped out by Nick King’s 1G, 1A.

View from section 9

Apr 13, 2016
Ho,hum, just another night at the office for ex-Troops. After Matt Struthers’ 1G (O/T winner, of course) 2A and 1st star last night, how about this: C. Propp 40/44 saves, plus another 2 in S/O for KGN win vs. OSH, helped out by Nick King’s 1G, 1A.
But B Henderson has been playing great :thumbd:

Reactions: Olden

Olden

Nov 25, 2018
I hear there some good players up for trade. Wonder if we will pick up akil thomas or serron noel.

View from section 9

Apr 13, 2016
I hear there some good players up for trade. Wonder if we will pick up akil thomas or serron noel.
No need to. Both are in their final year as I believe both have signed an ELC and are destined for the AHL. They will go to a team who thinks they can win and don't mind blowing a bunch of picks to do so.
Similar to when we paid for Kujawinski and Moutrey years ago.

Reactions: belair

View from section 9

Apr 13, 2016
YourTV had a short segment on the battalion attendance numbers
At least they are getting some press, all they get is a poorly written Wednesday update and a Bay Today story after each game.
Seems most other teams are in their local news almost daily.
Can't blame the local media for that either, most of them are sick of getting barked at when they ask questions SB doesn't care for. Or making himself unavailable for the majority of last season. Obviously business sense isn't top priority over there, be friendly with the press, it's free advertising of your product. All the Your TV story tells is that fans aren't coming out, similarly to how the team blames the community for not supporting them. Sad state of affairs.

SpezzaNoLookDropPass

May 25, 2016
At least they are getting some press, all they get is a poorly written Wednesday update and a Bay Today story after each game.
Seems most other teams are in their local news almost daily.
Can't blame the local media for that either, most of them are sick of getting barked at when they ask questions SB doesn't care for. Or making himself unavailable for the majority of last season. Obviously business sense isn't top priority over there, be friendly with the press, it's free advertising of your product. All the Your TV story tells is that fans aren't coming out, similarly to how the team blames the community for not supporting them. Sad state of affairs.
Not like we have top notch marketing either. Pissing off the media only makes it worse

hardclimate

Jan 7, 2015
Nice to watch the Attack down the Knights right in London on Sportsnet last night. Also nice to see McMaster, Lyle and Struthers all with points. OS and NB are the O’s smallest markets but it seems
the Attack are consistently viable contenders while the Battalion is consistently floundering in or near the division basement. In a perfect world we could try to trade scouts and coaches.

AttackSound

Junior Hockey Fan Since Birth
Aug 25, 2016
Owen Sound, Ontario
Headed back up to the Gardens on the 15th when OS makes there one regular season appearance.

Only the 2nd time been to the Gardens, wonder if any posters will be in attendance for that afternoon game? If so PM me.

Cheers,
AttackSound

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad