North Bay Battalion 2019-20 Season Thread (Part 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Uncle

Jun 26, 2017
North bay aquires Chad Denault for a 15th round pick 2000 born 6’2 winger 6 points in 23 games
Should only be 4th line minutes unless by some stroke of god. I’m assuming with struthers gone our forward body count was dangerously thin?

The Prophet

Apr 6, 2016
This location thing maybe used by Agents/Families to be nice and soften the " NO we wont report" when they really mean Butler .
We all know that N Bay is as good if not better location than Suds or Soo.

Reactions: View from section 9

Samee987

Oct 26, 2014
I like the trade. Northern ON boy. 2000 birthday. Experienced. Size. Now add another with the same qualities on D to replace .... yup, you know who!

HockeyPops

Aug 20, 2018
Isn't the pick conditional? Might be conditional on him reporting? Or perhaps conditional on OA year?

The Prophet

Apr 6, 2016
I like the trade. Northern ON boy. 2000 birthday. Experienced. Size. Now add another with the same qualities on D to replace .... yup, you know who!
152 games played (23 points)( 94 pim) don't see him as much of a upgrade to our forwards and not a OA next season , the trade is just fairy dust.

belair

Jay Woodcroft Unemployment Stance
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
North bay aquires Chad Denault for a 15th round pick 2000 born 6’2 winger 6 points in 23 games
Taken in the same round as Moncada. These are the kinds of deals that Stan generally finds a player. Under-utilized in PBO due to depth. Slips into a third line role here comfortably.

Chenier - Primeau - Coe
Caines - Peters - Russell
Jackson - Moncada - Denault
Currie - Arnsby - A Christopolous

That's a last place roster right there.

Reactions: Olden and Samee987

SpezzaNoLookDropPass

May 25, 2016
Taken in the same round as Moncada. These are the kinds of deals that Stan generally finds a player. Under-utilized in PBO due to depth. Slips into a third line role here comfortably.

Chenier - Primeau - Coe
Caines - Peters - Russell
Jackson - Moncada - Denault
Currie - Arnsby - A Christopolous

That's a last place roster right there.
But I thought Stan Butler was a god send and can find talent like nobody else

Reactions: Olden

SeniorJuniorFan

Dec 13, 2013
Line combos from Wednesday’s workout:

White (1) Chenier Moncada Coe
Yellow (2) Jackson Primeau Russell
Green (3) Caines Peters (mystery man #10 – probably Chad Denault)
Gray (4) Currie Korpialho A. Chris. Arnsby

Not totally sure on the 4th group, senior’s mind / memory couldn’t reliably carry all the details from the rink to the residence.

Reactions: Samee987

Uncle

Jun 26, 2017

Not totally sure on the 4th group, senior’s mind / memory couldn’t reliably carry all the details from the rink to the residence.
Primeau is alive?! good news! havent heard anything on him since Nov 22nd.
Team said the move that was made allows Arnsby to play his natural centre position so I imagine hes 4th line centre with the revolving door of currie/a.chris/korpi as wings

View from section 9

Apr 13, 2016

Moncada is not a #1 C regardless of how much our coach wants to be.
Our recent struggles started when 28 was moved from #3 C.
He is obviously one of SB's favourites, this is the exact kind of move we've seen in the past with his other favourites.

dirty12

Mar 6, 2015
He is obviously one of SB's favourites, this is the exact kind of move we've seen in the past with his other favourites.

recent struggles :)
Stan’s favourite just happens to be team’s top face-off guy, by far best defensive player, and 2nd top scorer; seems to me #1 C for the battalion, at least.

Reactions: Birddog

View from section 9

Apr 13, 2016
Stan’s favourite just happens to be team’s top face-off guy, by far best defensive player, and 2nd top scorer; seems to me #1 C for the battalion, at least.
Sorry I'll be more clear for you, forgot you were lurking here.
Recent struggles = 11 losing streak.

I'm sure you've watched far more games than I have so obviously you're in a much better position to assess our players.

Best defensive player playing against bottom 6 players is a better way to use him? I would think him playing against opponents top players would be a better use of his skill set. But that's just me.
Thanks for your tremendous insight once again, are you available to coach our team. Your expertise is exactly what our team needs. :huh:

View from section 9

Apr 13, 2016
And Stan's favourite, if you did any homework aside from reading box scores, you would also note that our best defensive player is not a playmaker and putting him on our top line with 2 shooters is futile no?

Is Braden Henderson our best D too? He has the most points among defensemen.

View from section 9

Apr 13, 2016
“He’s a physical player,” said Stan Butler, director of hockey operations and head coach. “We’re hoping that he gives some of our young guys a sense of confidence, and hopefully for him, with more of an opportunity, it’s going to allow him to reach his potential. Obviously, he was a third-round pick in the league.”

Not so obvious based on some of your previous 3rd and even 1st & 2nd round picks Stan.
What we could really use is a right shot D, not named Grima. Say like a Brady Lyle or Payton Vescio, oh wait sorry.
Funny how the development of those two players really seemed to take off after leaving North Bay. Vescio couldn't get out of the stands on the ice while Lyle was jammed on the 3rd pairing with no special teams time.

Lyle in NB
111 GP
37 points

Lyle in OS
148 GP
98 points

Sorry I didn't get dirty12 to fact check this but I feel it is also very telling.

Vescio was essentially traded for Zack Malik and that turned out well.

Uncle

Jun 26, 2017
Struthers 1g 2a including the game winner, assisted by, you guessed it.... Brady Lyle.
Go Troops Go

Reactions: Noofgoof

dirty12

Mar 6, 2015
Sorry I'll be more clear for you, forgot you were lurking here.
Recent struggles = 11 losing streak.

I'm sure you've watched far more games than I have so obviously you're in a much better position to assess our players.

Best defensive player playing against bottom 6 players is a better way to use him? I would think him playing against opponents top players would be a better use of his skill set. But that's just me.
Thanks for your tremendous insight once again, are you available to coach our team. Your expertise is exactly what our team needs. :huh:
And Stan's favourite, if you did any homework aside from reading box scores, you would also note that our best defensive player is not a playmaker and putting him on our top line with 2 shooters is futile no?

Is Braden Henderson our best D too? He has the most points among defensemen.

I struck a nerve? :)
I certainly don’t have the same view as you from section 9, but I have watched a lot of battalion games. Admittedly not so much this season as there is almost always a better game to watch; and, no Brazeau 4 goal games to miss. Still, I’ve seen enough to be convinced Moncada is overall, currently the most effective centre on the team. And, I don’t see putting a defensively aware player on a line with -50 combined wingers as a bad thing. I believe that line will be better 5 on 5 than it was with Struthers.
Maybe Primeau and Peters can sub in for the PP.

Geez no, I don’t think Henderson is the teams best D.

Last edited:
Reactions: Samee987

Glassnout

Aug 27, 2013
You could look to a few locals to replace Butler. Craig Rivet has been honing his coaching skills in the Buffalo area. Ex captain of the Habs, long NHL career, and overall good guy. He still owns a home in NB.
Greg Devries is another local (ish) product that has been working on skill development down south.

The Prophet

Apr 6, 2016
You could look to a few locals to replace Butler. Craig Rivet has been honing his coaching skills in the Buffalo area. Ex captain of the Habs, long NHL career, and overall good guy. He still owns a home in NB.
Greg Devries is another local (ish) product that has been working on skill development down south.
Both good choices , but I see Butler staying on as GM after his contract is up ( after next season I believe) and there is no way in hell he will have an x NHLer who knows more than him and make no mistake when he is GM only he will still be in control from the stands , his DNA wont allow him to let anyone one coach their own style. For Butler its always been about POWER , much like Babcock and other out dated humans.

belair

Jay Woodcroft Unemployment Stance
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
I've actually come around on him too. He's really stepped his game up this season. That being said, I'd like to see him drawing in on that third line, giving a lot of that EV ice time to the younger guys to play with our better offensive wingers.

Next season he's a guy who will be able to go out there against anyone's line comfortably. It should be a priority getting the young guys accustomed to that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad