North American Hockey Association (Waiting List Open!!)

flyguy

Sean Cubeturier
Dec 28, 2004
Anchorage, Alaska
Can we have more protected players? Id like 8ish, or some teams will have ALOT of talent lost

And/or have a limit on how many players can be picked from one team. No more than 3 per team, as 4 teams, 20 per for 80 total. So that many guys from 30 teams means 3 or 2 player per team are picked up

I was thinking along the lines of protecting more players too, 8 may be pushing it though. I say 7 is the highest you could go without completely screwing over the expansion teams. But it may have to be limited to no more than 4 forwards, 2 dmen, and 1 goalie.

As for your second part, look what I wrote 10 minutes ago :naughty:

Moses Doughty

Aug 19, 2008
Ya I hadnt read the page yet lol.

And Id say make a choice of 3-3-1, 4-2-1, or 3-2-2

Some teams may want both their tenders stil

flyguy

Sean Cubeturier
Dec 28, 2004
Anchorage, Alaska
Anaheim Ducks | Atlanta Thrashers | Boston Bruins
Player 1|Player 1|Player 1|
Player 2|Player 2|Player 2|
Player 3|Player 3|Player 3|
Player 4|Player 4|Player 4|
Player 5|Player 5|Player 5|
Player 6|Player 6|Player 6|
Player 7|Player 7|Player 7|
Player 8|Player 8|Player 8|
Player 9|Player 9|Player 9|
Player 10|Player 10|Player 10|
Player 11|Player 11|Player 11|
Player 12|Player 12|Player 12|
Player 13|Player 13|Player 13|
Player 14|Player 14|Player 14|
Forwards (0/2)|Forwards (0/2)|Forwards (0/2)|
Defenseman (0/1)|Defenseman (0/1)|Defenseman (0/1)|
Goalie (0/1)|Goalie (0/1)|Goalie (0/1)|

I think this works, according to flyguy's method the draft board would look something like this. I think this definitely could work, thoughts?

Perfect, just have to be quick on the draw to eliminate the teams who have had 3 players taken from them.

The Instigator

Tom Wilson - NHL All Star
Feb 6, 2010
What if you could only protect 1 player in round one, and 7 every round after? Crazy, you say?

New York RKY

Let's Go Rangers!
Sep 6, 2009
Arizona
I also wanted to make an important comment:

There will be no player movements prior to the expansion draft. The roster we present is going to be the most up-to-date roster the actual NHL team has used once the game has officially commenced.

Let me explain my reason why: You can send down all of your players on two way contracts and use those 6 protected players for ones that you can't bury in the minors. It is circumventing the draft and that's definitely not right.

AGAIN, WHEN I SAY THE GAME HAS BEGUN THOSE ARE THE ROSTERS YOU ARE USING. THERE WILL BE NO PLAYER MOVEMENT PRIOR TO THE DRAFT. I will check also to see if someone is hiding people. :D

New York RKY

Let's Go Rangers!
Sep 6, 2009
Arizona
Also Of Note:

There Will Be No Forward Movement In The Game Until I See 34 Rosters In The Roster Thread Filled At Least With Rosters.

coz21

Ask Me About Barron
Feb 10, 2010
Upstate
since lombardi isn't on LTIR do I need to protect him to keep him or do we only have to protect players currently in the lineup

New York RKY

Let's Go Rangers!
Sep 6, 2009
Arizona
since lombardi isn't on LTIR do I need to protect him to keep him or do we only have to protect players currently in the lineup

If he isn't in the everyday lineup recently then he is not available to be picked up. He is considered injured technically anyways, just not on the IR. If he has been playing games lately then that's a different story, he would be available.

New York RKY

Let's Go Rangers!
Sep 6, 2009
Arizona
I was just going to say, your best bet is to go onto your teams' section on HF Boards and look at the last 1 or 2 GDT's and use the roster on there. That would probably be the easiest way.

New York RKY

Let's Go Rangers!
Sep 6, 2009
Arizona
After we finish assigning the final GM spots expect there to be a poll for number of protected players.

Start thinking about it now. No need to post your opinions now, I will make a thread for it when the time is right. Choices are going to be 6, 7, or 8.

So start thinking about it.

Backlund

Dec 29, 2009
Calgary, AB
If he isn't in the everyday lineup recently then he is not available to be picked up. He is considered injured technically anyways, just not on the IR. If he has been playing games lately then that's a different story, he would be available.

So I wouldn't need to protect Kane?

scrappylilnobody

Feb 11, 2006
So I wouldn't need to protect Whitney nor Eberle? Eberle is only out about ten days while I believe Whitney's injury is more serious.

YouGotAStuGoing

Mar 26, 2010
Ottawa, Ontario

Then do the Islanders have anyone left to protect? :laugh:

I have no issues with this myself, seeing as Spezza is out for a few weeks... but where is the line? Like, Kovalev's been out for the past two-three games but should be back within the week. Is he okay to take, or do I have to keep him?

New York RKY

Let's Go Rangers!
Sep 6, 2009
Arizona
So I wouldn't need to protect Whitney nor Eberle? Eberle is only out about ten days while I believe Whitney's injury is more serious.

As long as thy haven't been in any games then you are fine. If any player has playes within by last day or two then they do count.

Then do the Islanders have anyone left to protect? :laugh:

I have no issues with this myself, seeing as Spezza is out for a few weeks... but where is the line? Like, Kovalev's been out for the past two-three games but should be back within the week. Is he okay to take, or do I have to keep him?

Maybe this will help. Think of it more like a snapshot of one game in a season of 82. The way to keep this expansion draft as simple as possible is this: go to your teams most recent GDT and just pull the roster from there. Don't worry about any injuries. To keep it simple, if they aren't in the roster for that most recent game then don't worry about them.

Let me just give one aimple example. On the Rangers Dale Weise is splitting time with Kris Newbury. If I get the roster and Weise is the player sitting out that game then I don't have to worry about him, aka I'm using the most recent roster. Hope this helps guys.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad