North American Hockey Association (Waiting List Open!!)

New York RKY

Let's Go Rangers!
Sep 6, 2009
Arizona
That makes sense, actually.

30 less PM's for the commish to deal with. :laugh:

Draft can't start til all 30 teams are posted, complete with no-cut list.....sound good, NYSF?

Most definitely. I will begin anything in the game until I see at least 30 roster posts made in the roster thread and I see all 30 lists.

Guys, with that said...Roster posts can be reserved for later with a team icon, we are going to need all the rosters up and all the information filled out, meaning all salary cap information and contract information.

I will show the format of the roster posts in my first post. I think it would be best for everyone to follow my outline so that they can be scanned quickly without any difficulties.

New York RKY

Let's Go Rangers!
Sep 6, 2009
Arizona
^To add to that, if you could quote NYSF's post in the thread, and copy that template, it would probably help keep things organized.

Exactly, that's what I was hoping for. I will fill out my roster sometime in the next couple of days so you guys can use my template.

The Instigator

Tom Wilson - NHL All Star
Feb 6, 2010
Only if you hire Chuck Norris as your Assistant Coach of Awesomeness! :nod:

Haha I so would, but hockey isn't rough enough for Chuck Norris.

I'm gonna go like this, barring a problem:

General Manager-Peter Stastny
Head Coach-Joe Sakic (barring acceptance from Colorado)
Assistant Coach-Michel Goulet (barring acceptance from Calgary)
Assistant Coach-Mario Marois
Goaltending Coasch-Jocelyn Thibault(also barring Colorado's acceptance)

New York RKY

Let's Go Rangers!
Sep 6, 2009
Arizona
Real life injuries count, right?

So Markov and Gorges are out for the season? :(

Yea, I guess that's what's going to have to be done. Just go by the list provided by capgeek . It'd be too much extra work to track all the injured players, so just go by their most recent NHL game roster.

Do we do our complete rosters and cap information, even though we're probably going to lose a bunch of our team in the expansion draft?

I would say do the whole roster, and at least the cap information for the 6 players. There is no need for filling it out right now because most teams are obviously going to be cap compliant.

New York RKY

Let's Go Rangers!
Sep 6, 2009
Arizona
11 spots remain, so we're almost there. Hopefully we can fill up within the next day or two and get this thing going.

Last edited:

The Instigator

Tom Wilson - NHL All Star
Feb 6, 2010
If there's only 4 teams in the expansion draft and 2 are mods, we should draft 1 each like an actual draft or a snake draft. The first 5 picked could be decently better then the rest, no?

New York RKY

Let's Go Rangers!
Sep 6, 2009
Arizona
If there's only 4 teams in the expansion draft and 2 are mods, we should draft 1 each like an actual draft or a snake draft. The first 5 picked could be decently better then the rest, no?

I honestly am not sure how the expansion draft will work yet. One thing I do no for sure is if we do the intervals of 5 it will be a fixed order and not a snake order.

I was thinking of randomly selecting the order. Say Quebec gets the first pick. They make their 20 picks, then the next team makes their 20 picks. So it's like each team came into the league at a different time. I think I am liking this idea more.

New York RKY

Let's Go Rangers!
Sep 6, 2009
Arizona
Then would I pick 6 keepers for the next team's draft?

You are the Nordiques IIRC.

You will be picking from the pool of players once I create the board. You don't have to worry about keeping 6 players to protect. Once I determine the order, and how the draft will commence, all you have to worry about is making your 20 picks.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad