North American Hockey Association (Waiting List Open!!)

johnnydollaz89*

so how about crosby do i keep him since hes been out a few games or can he not be touched?

New York RKY

Let's Go Rangers!
Sep 6, 2009
Arizona
You guys can start putting up your rosters if you want. My goal is to get the last 6, with 2 pending coming in and start the draft in the next day or two. The rosters shouldn't change too much in those two days so you can start putting them up.

For your protected players list, just put the list after the salary chart like some of you have done already. Remember we are not going to begin anything until all rosters are up, not necessarily the salary information.

I don't mean to rush in but I want to get the draft done before school starts next week because this is probably the most tedious part for me.

The Instigator

Tom Wilson - NHL All Star
Feb 6, 2010
You should make it that if a player is injured at the start of the game, he can't be drafted, but he is out until the offseason.

New York RKY

Let's Go Rangers!
Sep 6, 2009
Arizona
You should make it that if a player is injured at the start of the game, he can't be drafted, but he is out until the offseason.

I think while that would be fair, I believe that it would make things much more complicated. I mean look what it has done to the expansion draft already :laugh:

I think in order to have the best playoff possible, we want all the teams to put out their best possible lineups whether that means the player is injured in real life or not. You also have to remember we start the game at the All Star Game, and we skip all the way to the playoffs, so in real life most of the players would be back.

so no1 can take him right?

Yea, nobody can take him.

johnnydollaz89*

okay so in other words i can keep some1 else instead of Crosby since he cant be taken correct?

New York RKY

Let's Go Rangers!
Sep 6, 2009
Arizona
okay so in other words i can keep some1 else instead of Crosby since he cant be taken correct?

Yea since Crosby is injured, he does not count against the 20 players on your roster, therefore you may use the protected slot for someone else.

I also noticed that you only have 5 listed for your protected players, don't forget there are going to be at least 6.

johnnydollaz89*

yeah i know i was deciding on who else i was gonna keep but now since Crosby doesnt count im gonna keep 2 other guys

signor56

Aug 23, 2007
I started looking at several rosters and I believe this could be a good format for protecting rosters.

5 or 6 Skaters
1 Goalie
1 Rookie or player under the age of 21 (Skater or Goalie).

This allows some leniency towards teams filled with younger players (AKA: already disfavored teams).

Last edited:

New York RKY

Let's Go Rangers!
Sep 6, 2009
Arizona
I started looking at several rosters and I believe this could be a good format for protecting rosters.

5 or 6 Skaters
1 Goalie
1 Rookie or player under the age of 21 (Skater or Goalie).

This allows some leniency towards teams filled with younger players (AKA: already disfavored teams).

I will consider it as a possible option. I already have other options to consider and will take this one into consideration as well. Thanks for the advice.

Kingjordan

Jun 29, 2008
Just a thought but players who are hurt only for a day or a week should still need to be protected.. Players on IR should not needed it.. for expample if Soughty was out just for todays game because of the flu.. I should still have to protect him not fair to others who have can only protect 6 because players are not hurt...

Just a thought

New York RKY

Let's Go Rangers!
Sep 6, 2009
Arizona
Just a thought but players who are hurt only for a day or a week should still need to be protected.. Players on IR should not needed it.. for expample if Soughty was out just for todays game because of the flu.. I should still have to protect him not fair to others who have can only protect 6 because players are not hurt...

Just a thought

I know that that makes more sense, however it can cloud things up very quickly. I mean if somone misses one game because of a stomach flu then yea they should probably be left on the roster. If they have missed 3 or 4 then it could be safe to leave them out. If they miss one game because of something minor I would probably leave them on the roster, however if they have missed 3 or 4 games then you can leave them out.

signor56

Aug 23, 2007
I know that that makes more sense, however it can cloud things up very quickly. I mean if somone misses one game because of a stomach flu then yea they should probably be left on the roster. If they have missed 3 or 4 then it could be safe to leave them out. If they miss one game because of something minor I would probably leave them on the roster, however if they have missed 3 or 4 games then you can leave them out.

How about, if a player has played in a game since Jan. 5th (or pick a day), then he is considered part of the roster.

New York RKY

Let's Go Rangers!
Sep 6, 2009
Arizona
How about, if a player has played in a game since Jan. 5th (or pick a day), then he is considered part of the roster.

I mean that's basically what I was saying. If I pick a date that is reasonably close to today then that would mean if they missed only one game or so then they could still be eligible. I'll have to wait to see what other people think but I think that would be the right way to go. Minor, 1 or 2 game things can probably be kept on the roster while anything longer can probably be left off.

TBLbrian

Mar 5, 2008
NC
i don't like the whole injury thing. I think it should be more cut and dry, you keep the guys you want to keep. It makes it to easy for the Pens for example to keep Crosby because he is hurt.

it makes it even worse for the expansion teams.

New York RKY

Let's Go Rangers!
Sep 6, 2009
Arizona
I mean we could make it as clear cut as possible this way:

We could say something like 9-10 player protection, then all other players, injured or not that are in the NHL are fair game.

Still not counting anyone in the minor leagues, but we up the player protection rules and we make sure we count everyone. I think that's as clear cut as we can make it.

Thoughts?

hi

Sell sell sell
May 23, 2008
i don't like the whole injury thing. I think it should be more cut and dry, you keep the guys you want to keep. It makes it to easy for the Pens for example to keep Crosby because he is hurt.

it makes it even worse for the expansion teams.

This x100000

This is the one thing holding me back from taking a team. Well that and the fact that I think the expansion teams should have at least the first 3 or 4 rounds of 1 pick each, and then the rest of the rounds they pick 5 at a time or something.

Pittsburgh gets an extra player protected with the injury clause, that they would otherwise have to use on Crosby. The Islanders get to keep Streit and Okposo + 6 more. The Red Wings get to keep Datsyuk + 6 more. Just seems like a huge advantage for the teams that have caught the injury bug.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad