OT: Non Ski Resort Thread. | OT in all its glory.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Captain Bowie

Jan 18, 2012
Does anyone have a 40th anniversary stick in the rink they'd like to sell? Those whites with the blue rink were so sick.
This one? I'd love to get my hands on one as well.

5051157911_d7621d9ea6_b.jpg

Reactions: Hit the post

Peen

Rejoicing in a Benning-free world
Oct 6, 2013
This one? I'd love to get my hands on one as well.

5051157911_d7621d9ea6_b.jpg

Yeah. I thought about buying a new EP throwback but I'd rather find that first. So gorgeous.

I think my main gripe with the stick in the rink jerseys is that the white ice ones all look bad. The design for this year's was nice, but the colours were just terrible.

Captain Bowie

Jan 18, 2012
Yeah. I thought about buying a new EP throwback but I'd rather find that first. So gorgeous.

I think my main gripe with the stick in the rink jerseys is that the white ice ones all look bad. The design for this year's was nice, but the colours were just terrible.
The white stick n' rink logo looks good as a shoulder patch on the home jerseys. Other than that I agree.

Reactions: Peen

thefeebster

Mar 13, 2009
Vancouver
Why can't I find a Bo Horvat black skate jersey to purchase online? Shouldn't they be right there on the canucks.com shop? Pettersson and no name are the only options: Vancouver Canucks Mens Jerseys, Mens Canucks Adidas Jerseys, Canucks Breakaway Jerseys, Canucks Hockey Jerseys | NHL Canada
You could try to buy a blank from there and get it customized locally.

Or buy it from HockeyAuthentics which is based out of Burnaby/also known as pacific coast cresting. Here's a link ANY NAME AND NUMBER VANCOUVER CANUCKS RETRO BLACK SKATE AUTHENTIC PRO ADIDAS NHL JERSEY The benefit of buying it through them is that the numbers/nameplates are stitched rather than heat pressed through the team store or the nhl shop. IMO, stitched will always be better than heat-pressed for longevity+quality and you are paying the same amount.

They just stitched my London Knights Horvat, which is my new favorite. Also bought an Edler from them a long time ago. Its still good.

Angry Little Elf

My wife came back
Apr 9, 2012
Victoria B.C.
If you’re looking for a new computer, I can’t recommend memory express enough. Everyone is so knowledgeable and friendly. I used to buy from ncix all the time but memory express is so much better

Carnal

May 29, 2018
If you’re looking for a new computer, I can’t recommend memory express enough. Everyone is so knowledgeable and friendly. I used to buy from ncix all the time but memory express is so much better
Interesting advertising technique...

VanCity Millionaires

Oct 4, 2005
Vancouver
Damn, some of the moderators on the main boards really need to lighten up. I've been on here for over 15 years and have a pretty decent understanding of the rules. Get off your bloody high horse bruh and have a little fun in life.

Hit the post

I have your gold medal Zippy!
Oct 1, 2015
Hiding under WTG's bed...
Damn, some of the moderators on the main boards really need to lighten up. I've been on here for over 15 years and have a pretty decent understanding of the rules. Get off your bloody high horse bruh and have a little fun in life.
I personally gave up posting on the main boards since that 2011 season (other than the odd post here and there)

Reactions: Huggy43 and MS

Peen

Rejoicing in a Benning-free world
Oct 6, 2013
received_452564658728259.jpg

Finally found what I've been looking for! Just need to get a number stitched since it's a blank. $40!

Hockeyphysio

Jul 2, 2018
Right up there with getting a root canal and/or wisdom tooth taken out.

Though I've been told, having kidney stones are the closest a guy will experience the pain from child birth.

I tore my peck off the sternum... it is a freaking terrible. To roll in bed ends up with me screaming, never mind a cough or laugh.

Reactions: Zombotron

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
Sponsor
May 25, 2014
I use to love Don Cherry and Coaches Corner. Not any more. What a racist clown. He should grab a mirror and realize hes the son or descendent of immigrants and go right back to Europe. :rant:

EpochLink

Canucks and Jets fan
Aug 1, 2006
Vancouver, BC
I use to love Don Cherry and Coaches Corner. Not any more. What a racist clown. He should grab a mirror and realize hes the son or descendent of immigrants and go right back to Europe. :rant:

Don Cherry’s been a racist for the majority of Coach’s Corner. Only reason he’s still on there is the old fossils at HNIC with their ‘he tells it like it is’ while his rhetoric is 1950’s way passed its prime slander.

Can’t stand Cherry, he will appear to be all hoot and holler when another Canadian team or the Bruins make a Cup run.

DFAC

Jan 19, 2008
Lol Cherry is an embarassment, guy needs to retire ASAP. His time is well past

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
I have to disagree. His treatment and comments about Europeans, and European players specifically, has been bigoted and prejudicial for a very, very long time.

He’s rabidly xenophobic and has made many awful/embarrassing comments in that regard but a white Canadian guy trashing an even whiter Swedish guy isn’t racism. He’s always been a big supporter of minority Canadian players whether they’re black, native, or even Muslim in the case of Kadri.

That said, these poppy comments carry more than a hint of racism given that he’s very clearly referring to minority immigrants in this case.

vadim sharifijanov

Oct 10, 2007
He’s rabidly xenophobic and has made many awful/embarrassing comments in that regard but a white Canadian guy trashing an even whiter Swedish guy isn’t racism. He’s always been a big supporter of minority Canadian players whether they’re black, native, or even Muslim in the case of Kadri.

That said, these poppy comments carry more than a hint of racism given that he’s very clearly referring to minority immigrants in this case.

agreed with this. in the past i've actually commented on how when he got into trouble with the cbc cherry never did the fox news/sun media thing and racistly dogwhistled so his base would come defend him. a pretty low bar, but given that almost every other commentator of his political persuasion would stoop to that, i had to give him kudos.

a line was crossed here that almost never had been crossed previously by cherry. several comments about japanese and dominican people ruining baseball, and stuff about soccer, were the only other examples i can think of. and for that he is being rightfully condemned.

but anyone who calls the obviously still stupid and regrettable things cherry has said about say tomas sandstrom racist needs to really think about self-victimization problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad