OT: Non Ski Resort Thread. | OT in all its glory.

Status
Not open for further replies.

xtra

May 19, 2002
Vancouver
Visit site
Trudeau isn't an effective politician or speaker and has no coherent ideas of his own, but Scheer's actual ideas are terrible so I'll take Trudeau.

The biggest thing for me is that Scheer is still An amercian citizen. Like how did NO one tell him that was a bad idea to still have.

Regardless of anything else that just straight disqualifies him for me for voting conservative and I might have considered it.

I truly wish someone would step up And talk about how they will be good for the country or at least provide a sense of hope and optimism for it.

bandwagonesque

I eat Kraft Dinner and I vote
Mar 5, 2014
The biggest thing for me is that Scheer is still An amercian citizen. Like how did NO one tell him that was a bad idea to still have.

Regardless of anything else that just straight disqualifies him for me for voting conservative and I might have considered it.

I truly wish someone would step up And talk about how they will be good for the country or at least provide a sense of hope and optimism for it.
Incumbents are always locked into defending themselves. Some candidates creatively find a way out of this and actually express ideas. I honestly think Trudeau is too fearful to take risks other than ones he'll immediately be praised for by at least some people. I'm not some raving conservative who thinks he's a closet Muslim or the offspring of Castro or cares that he hasn't had many blue collar jobs. I do think he's in over his head and has little initiative of his own, and I think that was clear very early in his political career.

xtra

May 19, 2002
Vancouver
Visit site
Incumbents are always locked into defending themselves. Some candidates creatively find a way out of this and actually express ideas. I honestly think Trudeau is too fearful to take risks other than ones he'll immediately be praised for by at least some people. I'm not some raving conservative who thinks he's a closet Muslim or the offspring of Castro or cares that he hasn't had many blue collar jobs. I do think he's in over his head and has little initiative of his own, and I think that was clear very early in his political career.

oh I agree he’s in over his head;
Scheer is American
Jagmeet was barely able to find a riding to vote for him and has not much experience.
Elizabeth may I just don’t like; she seems fake

I honestly wish there was an poll option where people could mark “none of these candidates” which if it got the most popular votes would force all the parties to go back and elect an new leader for another election in 6 months.

Maybe not a practical idea but this current crop of party leaders all just annoy me

(I know we vote for a local candidate who then vote on a. Premier)

Nomobo

Feb 20, 2015
Victoria
None of the candidates are the most inspiring but I hope that when voting, they keep the most pressing issue in mind.

Reactions: xtra

VanCity Millionaires

Oct 4, 2005
Vancouver

Scheer is 50% American. Elizabeth May is 100% American. If it matters to you.

PG Canuck

Mar 29, 2010
Amazing how Trudeau is somehow probably going to be the best choice. What a world we live in.

Good luck to any politician trying to get elected that doesn’t believe in climate change, woman’s rights or LGBTQ’s rights. This isn’t the 1800’s, so good luck with that.

Peen

Rejoicing in a Benning-free world
Oct 6, 2013
Does anyone have a 40th anniversary stick in the rink they'd like to sell? Those whites with the blue rink were so sick.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->