OT: Non Ski Resort Thread. | OT in all its glory.

Status
Not open for further replies.

member 290103

See, I don't mind that cats aim to please themselves because that means they're low maintenance, which they are. I don't need my pets to please me and I find dogs to be way too high maintenance.

I'm a cat person through and through. Give me a pet that will mind their own business and take care of themselves (except at the beginning obviously) and occasionally sit and snuggle with you any day.

If you were small enough your cat would torture and eat you without giving it a second thought.

Reactions: Nomobo

DFAC

Jan 19, 2008
There’s a reason why dogs are called man’s best friend and cats aren’t. Dogs are part of the family and the bond you have with one is special. You are everything to that dog. Cats are just....there and they couldn’t care less about you.

Speaking of dogs, my parents recently starting training service puppies as a hobby since we lost our 12 year old german shepherd last year. They’re loving it:laugh:

Captain Bowie

Jan 18, 2012
There’s a reason why dogs are called man’s best friend and cats aren’t. Dogs are part of the family and the bond you have with one is special. You are everything to that dog. Cats are just....there and they couldn’t care less about you.

Speaking of dogs, my parents recently starting training service puppies as a hobby since we lost our 12 year old german shepherd last year. They’re loving it:laugh:
That hasn't been the case for any cat I've ever owned. Or the case for most cats I've know that other people have had. Just because they tend to be a little more independent than dogs doesn't mean they don't depend on or love you.

Reactions: NuxFan09

ProstheticConscience

Check dein Limit
Apr 30, 2010
Canuck Nation
That hasn't been the case for any cat I've ever owned. Or the case for most cats I've know that other people have had. Just because they tend to be a little more independent than dogs doesn't mean they don't depend on or love you.
Eh, that's dog people for you. They're so accustomed to something slobbering all over you every second of the day they get emotionally needy and feel rejected if a different species doesn't behave the same way Rover does.

NuxFan09

Jun 8, 2008
Merritt, BC
Eh, that's dog people for you. They're so accustomed to something slobbering all over you every second of the day they get emotionally needy and feel rejected if a different species doesn't behave the same way Rover does.
Exactly. I can't believe that some people have such a thin skin that they would feel rejected by....an animal. At the end of the day they're all animals. I guess that's why I'm a cat person. I don't have a needy relationship with animals. Never have.

Reactions: Buck Dancer

member 290103

Man, some of these aces teams employ have all kinds of post season trouble - Kershaw again was a mess. Price routinely seemed like a shit show, Grienke just got lit up......

DFAC

Jan 19, 2008
Man, some of these aces teams employ have all kinds of post season trouble - Kershaw again was a mess. Price routinely seemed like a **** show, Grienke just got lit up......

It's amazing how Kershaw just falls apart in the post season.

Intangibos

High-End Intangibos
Apr 5, 2010
Burnaby
Who is the poster here who had a blog about armchair GMing with analytics or something? That's a thing right? I was looking for the blog earlier and I couldn't remember the name of it.

RandV

It's a wolf v2.0
Jul 29, 2003
Vancouver
Visit site

Dogs bond with the family/pack, but cats bond make individual bonds. I know people will have this opinion because no cats every actually liked them before but this should be pretty common knowledge. I mean, what exactly do you think people with cats do? Also in a family with both a dog(s) and cat(s) unless they were raised as kittens/puppies together they dog is usually pushing the cat out of the picture. As an all around animal person I often find cats in these situation depending on their personality are actually starved for attention.

Reactions: NuxFan09

ProstheticConscience

Check dein Limit
Apr 30, 2010
Canuck Nation
Day 6 post-op.

Can now walk for about twenty minutes without stopping and can stand for about the same amount of time. Day 2 without meds. Almost back to a normal diet. I also have chronic IBS...which was not affected by the surgery. Oh well. Almost sleeping normally.

Let me know how it goes, I have my surgery for it nov 14th.

I can’t wait for it, yet am also not looking forward to it.

Slice of advice: stock up on fresh fruit and bananas on Nov 13. I had a lot of trouble going to the bathroom for a few days; it hurt to push. It was like being stabbed for a couple of days. Really needed the extra roughage.

Jesus - hope it all goes well and you get some relief!

Thanks. Still waiting on the relief part.

Had hernia surgery for one above my belly button a couple years back

The relief is incredible

Rolling out of bed becomes an art form for a couple weeks and then it gets better. Though mine was a lot more abdominal than yours I think

Yeah, my incision is right down under about three inches above my groin. It's right at the bottom of the muscle wall. My right ball was half-numb for a couple of days. Not a great feeling. Ugh. But hey, at least it's done and over with. Now the problem's fixed and I can just heal up...and wait for the small hernia on the other side of my groin to widen and require surgery. Then I go through the whole thing all over again. Oh well, at least I know what to expect now.

Also: bed. That one's tricky, isn't it. I still have to consciously think to myself: "Lift with arms and shoulders. DO NOT flex abs. DO NOT attempt a sit-up." I actually thought I blew a suture at one point, that's how bad it was. You know, you're feeling okay with the meds for a bit then you turn around without thinking like you would normally...OUCH. Like being shivved right beside your balls.

Fun times. Getting old sucks.

Reactions: racerjoe

Hansen

tyler motte simp
Oct 12, 2011
Nanaimo, B.C.
Lmao just realized I liked one of the Benning on Empty comics from the corporate twitter I manage at some point in the spring

DFAC

Jan 19, 2008
Lebron realized he was about to lose millions in dollars from China so he backed out.

it’s all about the mighty dollar at the end of the day.
He had a chance to make right and it backfired

He's such a hypocrite and only fights for social causes when they don't hurt his wallet.

This is after he posted on MLK day saying “Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere. Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about things that matter.”

Column: For LeBron James, injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere … except in China

Guy is a clown and complete fraud, an embarrassment to the NBA.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad