OT: Non Ski Resort Thread. | OT in all its glory.

Status
Not open for further replies.

racerjoe

Jun 3, 2012
Vancouver
lol always funny how people who don't understand an animal and don't know how to manage it think they can read its mind.

-----------------------------------

Also in the news, having hernia surgery Monday. Cannot come soon enough. Been working with it for months now, and holy **** am I ever sick of it. The shooting pains down the length of my urethra I can really do without. Also, if I stand up for longer than ten minutes without wearing a hernia belt, half my intestines would be spooling up in my right ball. And that feels every bit as great as it sounds.

Just thought you'd all like to know that.

Let me know how it goes, I have my surgery for it nov 14th.

I can’t wait for it, yet am also not looking forward to it.

ProstheticConscience

Check dein Limit
Apr 30, 2010
Canuck Nation
Interesting post.....the first part. It's is almost like the post I'd expect from my cat, if the smug p**** could post.
So many times I've seen uber cat-hating dog people put on these big dog goggles and go: "Oh, it's got fur and four legs so it must be a doggy! I'm going to approach it like a doggy and pick it up like a doggy and hold it like a doggy and rub its belly like a doggy and why am I bleeding? Cats are mean!"

If you're going to own a cat you owe it to the animal to at least try to understand its psychology. It's not a dog, dude.

Reactions: Art of Sedinery

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
lol always funny how people who don't understand an animal and don't know how to manage it think they can read its mind.

Also in the news, having hernia surgery Monday. Cannot come soon enough. Been working with it for months now, and holy **** am I ever sick of it. The shooting pains down the length of my urethra I can really do without. Also, if I stand up for longer than ten minutes without wearing a hernia belt, half my intestines would be spooling up in my right ball. And that feels every bit as great as it sounds.

Jesus - hope it all goes well and you get some relief!

Hansen

tyler motte simp
Oct 12, 2011
Nanaimo, B.C.

Had hernia surgery for one above my belly button a couple years back

The relief is incredible

Hit the post

I have your gold medal Zippy!
Oct 1, 2015
Hiding under WTG's bed...
So, to turn this into ANOTHER Benning/Gillis thread :)sarcasm:), not having ever been a pet owner, is everyone essentially telling me:

Gillis is like a cat. Aloof and arrogant at times. Thinking it knows everything.
Benning is like a dog. Loyal but dumb as a pile of rocks.

Reactions: Jack Burton

member 290103

So many times I've seen uber cat-hating dog people put on these big dog goggles and go: "Oh, it's got fur and four legs so it must be a doggy! I'm going to approach it like a doggy and pick it up like a doggy and hold it like a doggy and rub its belly like a doggy and why am I bleeding? Cats are mean!"

If you're going to own a cat you owe it to the animal to at least try to understand its psychology. It's not a dog, dude.

LOL, yes, that make sense. All these years I have been unable to property pet and pick up cats - mistaking them for golden retrievers, that's why several of them of have clawed all my furniture, and decided at various times to use different areas of my house as a litterbox, instead of the litterbox, etc. LOL.

Jack Burton

Pro Tank Since 13
Oct 27, 2016
Pork Chop Express
Just spent the past week and a half cat-sitting my daughter's cat while she and her bf were in Ottawa visiting the Grandma. Had cats almost all my life but haven't been able to in the building I've been in for the last 10 years or so. Didn't realize I missed having a cat that much. I even missed cat breath. Stanky-ass cat food-smelling cat breath. Also, I miss the little things when you own a cat that you don't even think about when you don't. Like, when you have a cat, at some point you will inform your cat that he is a cat.

I miss those little things.

giphy.gif

Reactions: Art of Sedinery

member 290103

So, to turn this into ANOTHER Benning/Gillis thread :)sarcasm:), not having ever been a pet owner, is everyone essentially telling me:

Gillis is like a cat. Aloof and arrogant at times. Thinking it knows everything.
Benning is like a dog. Loyal but dumb as a pile of rocks.

That's not a good analogy. Dogs are way smarter than cats.

ProstheticConscience

Check dein Limit
Apr 30, 2010
Canuck Nation
LOL, yes, that make sense. All these years I have been unable to property pet and pick up cats - mistaking them for golden retrievers, that's why several of them of have clawed all my furniture, and decided at various times to use different areas of my house as a litterbox, instead of the litterbox, etc. LOL.
And what exactly do you think causes cats to be destructive and territorial? Hint: projecting smugness onto them might be related.

ProstheticConscience

Check dein Limit
Apr 30, 2010
Canuck Nation
Let me know how it goes, I have my surgery for it nov 14th.

I can’t wait for it, yet am also not looking forward to it.
Welp, back home. Can't really bend over very easily. Or at all, really. But I'm glad to have it finally over and done with.

Also want to give a shout-out to the doctors, nurses and staff at Burnaby General. Everyone was very pleasant and professional, even those who became the first people in twenty years to see my junk besides my wife.

racerjoe

Jun 3, 2012
Vancouver
Welp, back home. Can't really bend over very easily. Or at all, really. But I'm glad to have it finally over and done with.

Also want to give a shout-out to the doctors, nurses and staff at Burnaby General. Everyone was very pleasant and professional, even those who became the first people in twenty years to see my junk besides my wife.

Here is to a speedy recovery

Hansen

tyler motte simp
Oct 12, 2011
Nanaimo, B.C.

Rolling out of bed becomes an art form for a couple weeks and then it gets better. Though mine was a lot more abdominal than yours I think

ProstheticConscience

Check dein Limit
Apr 30, 2010
Canuck Nation
Rolling out of bed becomes an art form for a couple weeks and then it gets better. Though mine was a lot more abdominal than yours I think
I actually had two hernias; one on each side. The left one isn't bothering me or getting worse so they just left it. The right one was...definitely worsening over time and had to be dealt with. Right in the groin area. Like, any torso movement is cumbersome atm. Still, getting better and it's barely 24 hours since the operation itself. The plumbing down there already feels better.

NuxFan09

Jun 8, 2008
Merritt, BC
See, I don't mind that cats aim to please themselves because that means they're low maintenance, which they are. I don't need my pets to please me and I find dogs to be way too high maintenance.

I'm a cat person through and through. Give me a pet that will mind their own business and take care of themselves (except at the beginning obviously) and occasionally sit and snuggle with you any day.

Reactions: Hit the post
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad