Non-Minnesota NHL News XV

Status
Not open for further replies.

Minnesota

L'Etoile du Nord
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2011
I’d trade any Wild player not named Dumba for Tuch straight-up.

52 points in 74 games as a 22 year old... I can only dream of one of our young players having a season like that.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
I didn't know he suited up for the Wild? I thought he played a season in the AHL and that was it?

Oh wait, he did. 6 games.
He was developed in the Wild system, going to Wild development camps, played in the Wild's AHL affiliate, making his NHL debut with the Wild, before being traded and became an immediate fulltime NHL player in Vegas.

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
He was developed in the Wild system, going to Wild development camps, played in the Wild's AHL affiliate, making his NHL debut with the Wild, before being traded and became an immediate fulltime NHL player in Vegas.

Obviously Vegas undid, in a matter of days, the damage that the Wild inflicted to his development over a period of years.

thestonedkoala

Going Dark
Aug 27, 2004

Did he go to any of the Wild development camps? I thought due to college, he couldn't go to any of the camps?

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
Was that a development camp or was that training camp?
It was development camp. I was there when it happened. Notice the video title? Wild Development Camp Scrimmage? Date 7-13-15.

College players can go to development camps, they just have to buy their own plane ticket to get there.

thestonedkoala

Going Dark
Aug 27, 2004
It was development camp. I was there when it happened. Notice the video title? Wild Development Camp Scrimmage? Date 7-13-15.

College players can go to development camps, they just have to buy their own plane ticket to get there.

Okay.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
Ok,we know how bad the Wild are 3 on 3 in OT... Look at how the Canucks lost tonight! :laugh:
eQcCe1f.gif

Saga of the Elk

Honoured Person
May 31, 2008
Obviously Vegas undid, in a matter of days, the damage that the Wild inflicted to his development over a period of years.

I mean...first off, development comes long before a guy suits up in the NHL. USNTDP is called that for a reason. He also played for one of the best coaches in hockey in college. Not sure how much learning goes on playing for a terrible AHL team but if the Wild were so confident in their development skills, they probably shouldn't have jettisoned a potential 60 point power forward on an ELC in exchange for a 3rd round pick. Rather, it seems that his brief stint in the NHL made him look unready. Which was wrong. Again.

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
I mean...first off, development comes long before a guy suits up in the NHL. USNTDP is called that for a reason. He also played for one of the best coaches in hockey in college. Not sure how much learning goes on playing for a terrible AHL team but if the Wild were so confident in their development skills, they probably shouldn't have jettisoned a potential 60 point power forward on an ELC in exchange for a 3rd round pick. Rather, it seems that his brief stint in the NHL made him look unready. Which was wrong. Again.

Like I said, a matter of days. So impressive.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad