Non-Minnesota NHL News XV

Status
Not open for further replies.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
Magic number down to 5. Win Saturday, win Monday, a point on Tuesday or a lack of a point for the Yotes on Tuesday and we clinch.

llamapalooza

Hockey State Expat
Aug 11, 2010
Montréal
If we picked up ROW on Saturday and Monday, we wouldn't technically clinch but we'd guarantee that the Yotes would have to catch us in goal differential (which we currently lead -3 vs. -11).

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
If we picked up ROW on Saturday and Monday, we wouldn't technically clinch but we'd guarantee that the Yotes would have to catch us in goal differential.

Actually... if we pick up ROW on Saturday and Monday, we technically clinch because the Yotes could only tie in ROW and we win head to head! How did I miss that?

Also, if Dallas loses in regulation Saturday and Sunday, and we win Saturday and Monday, we also clinch 7th seed!

llamapalooza

Hockey State Expat
Aug 11, 2010
Montréal
Actually... if we pick up ROW on Saturday and Monday, we technically clinch because the Yotes could only tie in ROW and we win head to head! How did I miss that?

Also, if Dallas loses in regulation Saturday and Sunday, and we win Saturday and Monday, we also clinch 7th seed!

We don't actually win head-to-head; it's a tie.

The greater number of points earned in games between the tied clubs. If two clubs are tied, and have not played an equal number of home games against each other, points earned in the first game played in the city that had the extra game shall not be included. If more than two clubs are tied, the higher percentage of available points earned in games among those clubs, and not including any "odd" games, shall be used to determine the standing.

Phoenix won in St. Paul in regulation. We've won twice in Phoenix in regulation, but only one of those counts toward the head-to-head tiebreaker.

Yes, that's really dumb, I know.

llamapalooza

Hockey State Expat
Aug 11, 2010
Montréal
Also, things are getting a bit more interesting in the Pacific. Ducks lost in regulation tonight, so they've got one point plus a game in hand on the Sharks. It's still a longshot, but depending on what happens in the next few days, it's entirely possible for them to end up tied or within one point for the division lead when they play each other on Wednesday. And remember, the winner of the division gets to play us instead of LA in the first round.

Lapa

Global Moderator
Feb 21, 2010
I hope we face the Ducks instead of the Sharks. Sharks scare me.

RussosBurner

Jun 19, 2012
State of Hockey

Same. We match up with the Ducks much better. And we've shown we can actually win in their building this year. We suck in San Jose. In fairness so does most of the league but the point still stands.

If we play San Jose in the first round I'd say we lose in 5 maybe 6.

Anaheim and I think we at least take it to 6 and possibly win in 7 if we play our best hockey.

I'd feel a lot better if we meet SJ in the second round. They are notorious for choking under McLellan and once you get into the second round all bets are off pretty much, throw logic and numbers to the side for the most part; especially if we can get hot against the Ducks and win the series. Either way though we're going to have to play great hockey every game and get some consistency going again.

Gaps

Oct 3, 2012

The Ducks are certainly the best option out of St. Louis/San Jose/Anaheim.

St. Louis- Lose in 4 or 5
San Jose- Lose in 5 or 6
Anaheim- Could very well still lose, but at least take it to 6 or 7

With our luck, the old men of Anaheim will wake up for one last battle just in time for the playoffs.

kfan22

Jun 20, 2012
We don't actually win head-to-head; it's a tie.

Phoenix won in St. Paul in regulation. We've won twice in Phoenix in regulation, but only one of those counts toward the head-to-head tiebreaker.

Yes, that's really dumb, I know.

Well we would still probably get it based on the next tie breaker Goal differential for the whole season Currently Wild -3 and Phoenix minus -12

BurnsyMN

Mar 27, 2014
St Paul

Has anyone considered the possibility of still having the play the Blues in round 1 from the 7th seed? Ducks still have a shot at the top seed in the West

Minnesota

L'Etoile du Nord
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2011

Sharks are pretty scary. Spiders, too. Don't even get me started on snakes.

Ducks are much less threatening!

l-Curious-duckling.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad