Non-Minnesota NHL News XV

Status
Not open for further replies.

W75

Wegistewed Usew
Oct 22, 2011
Winland
Looks like the good old regression to the mean is happening in the Western conference. IIRC it was predicted earlier that you'll need 100+ points just to get to the playoffs. Now the number seems to be around 95 points, or something..

Lapa

Global Moderator
Feb 21, 2010

So.. This goal has a mainboard thread saying it's a highlight reel goal plus a Finnish newspaper called that a really nice goal (nicer than MG's lacrosse goal).

I don't see it, really. If anything that was an ugly goal. What do you guys think?

llamapalooza

Hockey State Expat
Aug 11, 2010
Montréal

So.. This goal has a mainboard thread saying it's a highlight reel goal plus a Finnish newspaper called that a really nice goal (nicer than MG's lacrosse goal).

I don't see it, really. If anything that was an ugly goal. What do you guys think?

Not nicer than the lacrosse goal by any means. Kind of an ugly shot but a beautiful setup.

Also, love the Caps' road sweater there. I wish they'd use that full-time and get a matching home; it's way better than their normal jerseys.

TZM

Par too easy
Mar 25, 2012
Kerava
There are lots of NHL players capable of doing this. Yet, only a few actually try to do something similar. I wish creativity was more appreciated in the NHL.

Minnesota

L'Etoile du Nord
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2011
I've heard so much praise for that Washington jersey... But I just can't bring myself to like it. Personal preference, I guess.

How about those Anaheim Stadium Series jerseys? Can't decide my opinion on them... I appreciate the originality, but they remind me of pumpkins.

Full uniform 1

Full uniform 2

I think Hiller is one of the most stylish goalies in the league. Always matches his pads/stick/mask to his uniform. Looks slick.

Full goalie uniform

Mask close-up

Of course, the star of the series was a moth.

Ice Moth (R.I.P.)

tomgilbertfan

#WhyBother
Jun 22, 2008
Minnesota
I've heard so much praise for that Washington jersey... But I just can't bring myself to like it. Personal preference, I guess.

How about those Anaheim Stadium Series jerseys? Can't decide my opinion on them... I appreciate the originality, but they remind me of pumpkins.

Full uniform 1

Full uniform 2

I think Hiller is one of the most stylish goalies in the league. Always matches his pads/stick/mask to his uniform. Looks slick.

Full goalie uniform

Mask close-up

Of course, the star of the series was a moth.

Ice Moth (R.I.P.)

Any Ducks jersey that isn't Eggplant and teal is bad.

StealthClobber

A Digital Frontier.
Feb 7, 2013
Minnetonka, MN
Devils ones have been the best so far, for obvious reasons. There were a few things holding the Kings jersey back from being great, and the same for the Hawks.

Rest of them are just atrocious.

Useless facts from the Stadium Series game today: They tied the most goals scored in an outdoor game ever, 10 goals (09 Winter Classic).

And Marty Brodeur has become the first goalie to be pulled in an outdoor game :P

Generic User

How's your burger?
Jul 7, 2009
Uncanny Valley
I thought the Kings' stadium series were stunning. I really like the matte gray. Looks a lot better than silver. Liked that it was their main color and black was the secondary.

Minnesota

L'Etoile du Nord
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2011
Any Ducks jersey that isn't Eggplant and teal is bad.

Loved the Anaheim throwback jersey! I'm biased toward any jersey that strives for an original color scheme, though.

131014_Haslett_L.jpg

So purdy.

Sharppi

4 more years of Dub.
Jul 15, 2011
Finland
I would be torn apart if someone bought me Wings Winter Classic jersey with Bertuzzis name on it. It's gorgeous but is is Wings&Bertuzzi. I would rather use Browns LAK jersey.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $6,151.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino