Non-Minnesota NHL News XV

Status
Not open for further replies.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Sharks are pretty scary. Spiders, too. Don't even get me started on snakes.

Ducks are much less threatening!

l-Curious-duckling.jpg

Does that duckling's beak look like something else to any of you?

llamapalooza

Hockey State Expat
Aug 11, 2010
Montréal
Sharks are down 3-0 to the Perds. It's looking more and more like a certainty that we'll face the Ducks. Again. :shakehead

Seriously **** Anaheim.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
Sharks are down 3-0 to the Perds. It's looking more and more like a certainty that we'll face the Ducks. Again. :shakehead

Seriously **** Anaheim.

Order of opponents I'd rather face (of the likely ones).

Anaheim -> San Jose -> St.Louis

It's a GOOD thing IMO that we're most likely to face the Ducks!

llamapalooza

Hockey State Expat
Aug 11, 2010
Montréal
Order of opponents I'd rather face (of the likely ones).

Anaheim -> San Jose -> St.Louis

It's a GOOD thing IMO that we're most likely to face the Ducks!

I know the teams are completely different personnel-wise now, but still, the Ducks are our all-time worst draw in the playoffs:

0-2 vs. Ducks
0-1 vs. Blackhawks
1-1 vs. Avs
1-0 vs. Canucks

Also there's just some indignity to getting eliminated by friggin' Anaheim.

Also also, our first two (hypothetical) opponents will be two of LA, ANA, and SJ. That's scary. Road to the cup runs through California this year, apparently.

Last edited:

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
I know the teams are completely different personnel-wise now, but still, the Ducks are our all-time worst draw in the playoffs:

0-2 vs. Ducks
0-1 vs. Blackhawks
1-1 vs. Avs
1-0 vs. Canucks

Also there's just some indignity to getting eliminated by friggin' Anaheim.

Also also, our first two (hypothetical) opponents will be two of LA, ANA, and SJ. That's scary. Road to the cup runs through California this year, apparently.
Well.. it's either that or have to go through St.Louis and Colorado... two of our worst opponents on the year.

Trust me, this is a good thing.

As for the Anaheim being the all time worst, if we win this series, suddenly they aren't. That's what happens when you have virtually no playoff history like we do. All-time worst playoff opponent with our history means little to nothing.

TZM

Par too easy
Mar 25, 2012
Kerava
The Ducks are eventually just top heavy. I'd take them twice on mondays and rest of the week about once (1,5 times if good weather).

Engebretson

Thank you, sweet rabbit
Nov 4, 2010
Minnesota
^ That ref :laugh:

St. Louis just dropped their second game of the weekend in regulation to another playoff team.

It'll be interesting to see how they play us this week.

BurnsyMN

Mar 27, 2014
St Paul
^ That ref :laugh:

St. Louis just dropped their second game of the weekend in regulation to another playoff team.

It'll be interesting to see how they play us this week.

How incredibly awful would it be if St. Louis falls off a bit to end the season and Anaheim gets hot and takes the 1 seed? A win against St Louis next Thursday could contribute to locking us in a playoff series with them in a #7 vs #2 match up. Ohhh Minnesota sports....is this how you're going to write the story this time? Clever...I like it.

StealthClobber

A Digital Frontier.
Feb 7, 2013
Minnetonka, MN
Watching this Stars-Panthers game, switching between the two feeds I noticed something. Everyone says oh my the Dallas announcers are so good. But honestly, the Dallas feed is sooo boring compared to the Panthers feed. The Panthers PBP guy sounds so much more into it and they must turn the crowd noise way down on the Dallas feed, because I can hear the crowd a lot better on the Panthers feed too.

llamapalooza

Hockey State Expat
Aug 11, 2010
Montréal
Watching this Stars-Panthers game, switching between the two feeds I noticed something. Everyone says oh my the Dallas announcers are so good. But honestly, the Dallas feed is sooo boring compared to the Panthers feed. The Panthers PBP guy sounds so much more into it and they must turn the crowd noise way down on the Dallas feed, because I can hear the crowd a lot better on the Panthers feed too.

I'm guessing it's the other way around...frankly I'd be shocked if Panthers management weren't telling their audio guys to turn the crowd noise way up. Fair or not, they've been trying for years to change the reputation that their arena is a ghost town.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
Man, if the Panthers can keep up that level of play in the 3rd... Dallas was definitely losing their legs!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• USA vs Sweden
    USA vs Sweden
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,050.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Finland vs Czechia
    Finland vs Czechia