OT: Non-Kraken Local Sports (Mariners, Seahawks, Sounders, etc.)

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
For the Seahawks I do find it odd how many prognosticators expect them to not make the PO.

Their schedule is the NFC East, AFC North, and Carolina, Detroit and Tenn.

Have to go 2-2 each vs the NFC East and AFC North. Some tough teams in that mix but Seattle is going to need to beat one or two of them. Take 2/3 vs the 2nd place teams.

That would get them to 6-5.
Sweep AZ and split SF gets them to 9-6. split LAR to get to 10-7.

Now if they can sweep LAR or steal one from one of the East/North divisions like beat Dal, Bal, Cin, Phi they can get to 11-6.

But 10-7 should get them into the PO.

Reactions: themilosh

Kevinsane

Kraken up.
Apr 11, 2022
Dawson Creek, BC
Can’t win ‘em all, and the Mets are better than their record. It’s going to likely be a nail biting divisional race right down to Game 162.

Bear of Bad News

Your Third or Fourth Favorite HFBoards Admin
Sep 27, 2005
This will sound incredibly lame (it will also sound incredibly "Seattle sports fan") but I remember exactly where I was when the Mariners clinched their very first 0.500 season.

And I'm still relieved that they did it today.

The Marquis

Aug 24, 2020
Washougal, WA
This will sound incredibly lame (it will also sound incredibly "Seattle sports fan") but I remember exactly where I was when the Mariners clinched their very first 0.500 season.

And I'm still relieved that they did it today.

Me too, and having a .500 record is still an important milestone for them (for me). I remember where I was for a lot of those early important Mariners moments

I remember where I was at that moment - I was sitting at the kitchen table at my parents house, listening to the game on the radio. We didn't get the channel the Mariners were on back then, so I had to listen to all the games on the radio except maybe a handful per season that were national. I'll NEVER forget the feeling of relief.

The moment they clinched their first playoffs - The play-in game against the Angels. I was there in the Kingdome with my dad. 300 level just a touch to the first base side of directly behind the plate. I'll NEVER forget the Sojo broken bat inside the park homerun. I've seen some iconic Mariners Kingdome moments in person, but none compare to this.

The moment they beat the Yankees in that first playoff series, which was the big one for me. I was a couple months into having my drivers license and my buddy and I were driving around Yakima listening to it on the radio and THE MOMENT happened when we were driving south on 48th avenue, passing Jacksons Sports Bar (RIP) north of Tieton Ave. When it happened it was just amazing. Everybody driving around started honking their horns and waving and cheering. Everybody stopped there, people were running outside of Jackson's Sports Bar, cheering, people running out of their houses across the street, cheering. It was wild. EVERYBODY cared where I was that evening. I stopped at the closest pay phone and called my dad. We screamed for a couple minutes and talked over each other excitedly. It was awesome. While I think being there in person would have probably been cooler, my unique and really memorable experience is something I don't think I'd trade that for.

Bear of Bad News

Your Third or Fourth Favorite HFBoards Admin
Sep 27, 2005
I moved to Colorado for grad school in August 1995 so I missed most of the first-run great moments.

On the other hand, I did get paired up with two Yankee fans as officemates my first year.

Reactions: The Marquis

sigma six

Doesn't need stick tape
Aug 2, 2005
Cascadia
It was a good game, and I didn't expect them to win. This year's Lions are no joke.
That pick-6 was massive, and Lockett just did what he does the whole game.

Reactions: Kevinsane

Kevinsane

Kraken up.
Apr 11, 2022
Dawson Creek, BC
I think the Mariners are a more confident team than Texas is. The Rangers have been treading water for weeks now.
Toronto is wildly inconsistent and beset with injuries.
The Mariners will be the second wild card team at season’s end.

Scomerica

Aug 14, 2020
Seattle, Wa
I think the Mariners are a more confident team than Texas is. The Rangers have been treading water for weeks now.
Toronto is wildly inconsistent and beset with injuries.
The Mariners will be the second wild card team at season’s end.

Texas have to play Seattle and the Angels
Houston have to play Seattle, Arizona and the Royals
Seattle have to play Houston and Texas

Seattle has the tougher schedule and needs to probably win 7 games.

Reactions: Renopucker

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
It was a good game, and I didn't expect them to win. This year's Lions are no joke.
That pick-6 was massive, and Lockett just did what he does the whole game.
Sounds like Dalton is starting for Carolina with Young out with an injury. Seattle needs to stop the run which they couldn't do last season vs Carolina. Like Seattle's chances better with Young in at QB given he's got only like 300 yards passing so far in 2 games. Doesn't have the weapons.

sigma six

Doesn't need stick tape
Aug 2, 2005
Cascadia
Sounds like Dalton is starting for Carolina with Young out with an injury. Seattle needs to stop the run which they couldn't do last season vs Carolina. Like Seattle's chances better with Young in at QB given he's got only like 300 yards passing so far in 2 games. Doesn't have the weapons.

I was sort of looking forward to watching them play against Young tbh, but in either case I hope this is the game where the pass rush really gets going. If Adams can go it would help in that regard, but it's sounding like he may take one more week off.

Hocktopus

Jul 1, 2023
BC
Huskies and Seahawks both win big, however the Mariners have had a bad month of September after being on fire in August. They now sit 3 games out of first in the AL West and 0.5 games out of the final wild card spot. The Mariners finish their last seven games against the two teams that they are chasing in their division / wild card: Houston and Texas, so hopefully the Ms can finish the season strong to make the playoffs!

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Huskies and Seahawks both win big, however the Mariners have had a bad month of September after being on fire in August. They now sit 3 games out of first in the AL West and 0.5 games out of the final wild card spot. The Mariners finish their last seven games against the two teams that they are chasing in their division / wild card: Houston and Texas, so hopefully the Ms can finish the season strong to make the playoffs!
Hawks are banged up early in the year. Have to survive physically on that MetLife turf this week.

Should be no Barkley. Make Jones beat them. Hopefully everyone heals after the early bye in week 5 as week 6 is on the road vs Cincy but who knows how much Burrow is hobbled by that calf in 3 weeks time.

Scomerica

Aug 14, 2020
Seattle, Wa
Hawks are banged up early in the year. Have to survive physically on that MetLife turf this week.

Should be no Barkley. Make Jones beat them. Hopefully everyone heals after the early bye in week 5 as week 6 is on the road vs Cincy but who knows how much Burrow is hobbled by that calf in 3 weeks time.
Bye week is coming at a perfect time. If they go 3-1 into it that's huge

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Bye week is coming at a perfect time. If they go 3-1 into it that's huge
Sadly it is. But, you really hate having a bye week before you have played 6 games.
However, given the injury status of the OT, CB, etc. they really need to get their guys right.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad