OT: Non-Kraken Local Sports (Mariners, Seahawks, Sounders, etc.)

Hocktopus

Jul 1, 2023
BC
Poor decisions, for sure. Then add in the whiney players who didn't want to come here. Harrington and the rain. Someone gets drunk upon hearing that they got dealt here. Francis pouting. Bibby not happy. Big Country not being committed to fitness. Losing, then on top of that the whiny players from that era.
Don't forget Otis Thorpe! Literally complained that he did not want to be here and wanted out the very day he was traded to the Grizzlies, yet the team acquired him because they wanted veteran leadership! Hard to do when your supposed "leader" does not even want to be there!

As a FYI, the player that got drunk when traded here was Doug West...another player that was brought in for "leadership" and he lasted three seasons with the Grizz before having to retire due to injuries. Worst part of the West trade was that they gave up a useful player in Anthony Peeler for him. Yes, the team was certainly cursed. Did not help that they passed on Vince Carter who became an instant star for Toronto and pretty much gave TSN a reason to ignore the Grizz and focus on the Raptors (plus the fact that the Grizz were terrible compared to the Raptors).

Mariners are hot. Let’s gooooo
Its beautiful! Seven straight wins and six straight series wins! Even after trading Sewald at the deadline, they have been red hot! I heard on Seattle Sports Radio today that the Mariners have been the second best team in baseball since July!

Reactions: PG Canuck

Hocktopus

Jul 1, 2023
BC
Mariners take 3 out of 4 from the Royals and are now 0.5 games behind the Blue Jay's for the last wold card spot and the M's have a game in hand! JRod was on fire 🔥 in that last series, picking the right time to heat up!

Hocktopus

Jul 1, 2023
BC
Julio is now officially nuclear hot: 17 hits over the last four games by JRod has broken a 98 year old record of most hits in a 4 game span. Plus the Mariners win their 5th in a row tonight: 10-3!

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Kevinsane

PG Canuck

Mar 29, 2010
so hear me out….
IMG_8727.jpeg

Hocktopus

Jul 1, 2023
BC
Just swept Houston and have won six in a row! Too bad the Jays took 2 of 3 from the Reds, so our lead is still only half a game. However, the Jays next series is against the Orioles while we play the White Sox, so some opportunity to gain some more ground

Hocktopus

Jul 1, 2023
BC
Best part is that not only has this hot streak put the Mariners in front of the Jays for the final wild card spot, but it has also put the team only 2 games back of the Rangers in the AL West!

Reactions: Renopucker

Hocktopus

Jul 1, 2023
BC
Mariners win their 8th straight tonight even though JRod was out with a stomach aliment. Jays won, but we are still up on them by a full game and now only 1.5 back of the Rangers in the West!

• Love

The Marquis

Aug 24, 2020
Washougal, WA
I'm counting on them to Coug it, but still happy there's meaningful baseball to watch over the next 5 weeks.

Just took a look at the remaining M's schedule. My optimism dropped a bit. Of their remaining 35 games, only 9 are against actively shit teams, 6 against middling teams, and all the rest (20!) are against teams either in or within .5 games of the playoffs. YIKES.

It's going to be hella interesting though. Their last 10 games are split between Houston (3) and Texas (7). We're in for some DRAMA! Mathematically if the M's don't do well in those last 10 games, it could mean more than just not winning the AL West.

Last edited:

Hocktopus

Jul 1, 2023
BC
Mariners keep winning and Rangers keep losing; after being 10 games back in mid-July, Seattle is now tied for first place in the AL West!

Last edited:
  • Love

Bear of Bad News

Your Third or Fourth Favorite HFBoards Admin
Sep 27, 2005
One downside of the Mariners finally being good is that despite me shelling out for MLB.TV, many games including tonight are moved to Apple TV.

I'll gladly make that tradeoff, mind you. Similarly, I hope that the Seahawks end up on over-the-air TV in Denver so often that I feel like I wasted Sunday Ticket.

Hocktopus

Jul 1, 2023
BC
U of W football started up today and Penix looked unstoppable throwing for 450 yards and 5 TDs in a 56-19 win over Boise State who are generally a good team!

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
U of W football started up today and Penix looked unstoppable throwing for 450 yards and 5 TDs in a 56-19 win over Boise State who are generally a good team!
Penix could have opted for the nfl this past draft. With 2 acl injuries I thought he would have left. He should look good with all of his experience and maturity.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad