Non-Hockey Sports Thread VII

Status
Not open for further replies.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
With him, and the Prez, seems like we're living in a Reality Show world.

Not a fan of Reality Shows....they never seem real to me.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
Butler turning the squeaky ball team on the west side of the river into a running joke. Apparently lying to the media in the process? :popcorn:

Wabit

May 23, 2016
Butler turning the squeaky ball team on the west side of the river into a running joke. Apparently lying to the media in the process? :popcorn:

Maybe it just ended up as a players only meeting because the coaches were too afraid to enter the room? :biglaugh:

The Wolves area a better team with an unhappy Butler (who will play is arse on the court) than getting the reported returns they have been offered for him.

nickschultzfan

Jan 7, 2009
NBA is such a production. Everytime I try to get into watching games there is just so much nonsense, by both the media and players.

Thibs did kill the Wolves. Guy makes every decision wrong.

tomgilbertfan

#WhyBother
Jun 22, 2008
Minnesota
This article with KG weighing in on the Butler situation just makes me love KG so much more.

That’s why he is so concerned at the current state of affairs. He may have won a championship in Boston, but he still sees himself as Minnesotan, as connected to this woebegone franchise that he put on the map.

“I’m a T-Wolf for life, man,” Garnett said. “I’m ‘Sota for life. I’ve always wanted better for not only the city and the franchise, but Wigs, KAT, those are my guys. I root for those guys. Gorgui Dieng. Those are my guys. I’m just hoping they can get through this rough patch and everybody can get on the same patch and figure it out. It’s a shit storm up there.”

“I never requested a trade because I viewed ‘Sota as mine,” Garnett said. “I built this house. I’m not leaving this god damn house. You can get the f*** up out of here. You don’t like it, then leave.

“I would hear a bunch of whining and it’s snowing and it’s cold and why are we practicing. Man, you know what this was when you signed up. If you don’t want to be here, get the f*** up out of here, man. Guys know this. Guys know what you sign up for. I never asked for a trade because I never wanted to be traded.”

“I think both sides are a little delusional,” Garnett said. “I think Jimmy thinks his worth is a little more than what it is. He’s a very good player. I don’t see him on the (Kevin Durant) and LeBron (James) level. But if they are A-plus, he’s definitely A, A-minus.

“I don’t know if he had the power to come out and force a trade like this. He can be disruptive, but I don’t know if he actually had the clout to come out and do that. I don’t know if Jimmy has enough juice to be that.”

Reactions: Digitalbooya

SupremeNachos

Dec 6, 2011
Minnesota
I never hated KG for going to Boston. The fact that he maintained ties to this state long after he left and came back to settle here postnba says a lot about this guy.

Wabit

May 23, 2016
Brewers (with some bad Dodgers defense) get Kershaw out of the game, up 4-1, with no outs in the bottom of the 4th.

Wabit

May 23, 2016
So far there have been 2 Postseason 1sts:
1. First time a catcher has 2 errors and 2 passballs in the same game. Grandal (Dodgers)
2. First time a lefty batting pitcher hit a HR off a lefty pitching. Woodruff off Kershaw

57special

Sep 5, 2012
MN
I never hated KG for going to Boston. The fact that he maintained ties to this state long after he left and came back to settle here postnba says a lot about this guy.
How can you hate a guy who was forced out of town by management?

SupremeNachos

Dec 6, 2011
Minnesota
How can you hate a guy who was forced out of town by management?
You're always going to have fans who will only see the player leaving and nothing else. If KG did a whole Decision like LBJ did I don't think he would have been welcome back here for a long long time.

57special

Sep 5, 2012
MN
I'm feeling the Largent comparison...maybe with a bit of Don Beebe thrown in. Still don't think the O line is good enough, and will be this teams downfall.

Wabit

May 23, 2016

Nice to see CC gets recognition for the job hes done this year. He was being groomed for a front office (future GM) job before they stuck him in as the manager mid-season a few years ago.

Reactions: Digitalbooya

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
Love me some Adam Thielen, but keep in mind, he's benefiting greatly from Diggs drawing the top cover corner each week too.

Peterson was on Diggs all game, and few teams have quality enough corners to cover both.

That's why they're the best duo in the league!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad