Non-Hockey Sports Thread VII

Status
Not open for further replies.

123TripleDoge

Nov 24, 2014
It can’t be possible for a team to self sabotage themselves like this. Money and bets rule over pride

melinko

Jun 13, 2010
Minnesota
Minnesota Whitecaps (NWHL) start the season 2-0 with two convincing wins over the reigning champs Metropolitan Riveters.

Should NWHL talk go in this thread? Its hockey but this seems to be the catch-all thread for all non-NHL local sports.

The Enemy Within

Holl at .6 seconds
Feb 25, 2014
West of the SOH
Another crazy Vikings game. Baily definitely is feeling better after making that 52 yarder there. I can't say, but I think perhaps that Zimmer was thinking he was going to need to have another exit meeting with a kicker.

But in all sincerity, doesn't it seem like since they moved the PAT back more and more kickers are missing kicks that we would seem quite easy before? Maybe it is just me, but I know kickers are missing more kicks.

Wabit

May 23, 2016
Minnesota Whitecaps (NWHL) start the season 2-0 with two convincing wins over the reigning champs Metropolitan Riveters.

Should NWHL talk go in this thread? Its hockey but this seems to be the catch-all thread for all non-NHL local sports.

Not sure how much interest there is in the NWHL.

Buffalo is the team I root for. :D

Wabit

May 23, 2016
Crosby 1/5 for field goals and 0/1 on point after touchdown. That’s 13 points GB should’ve had and they lost by 8...

A-Rod fumbling twice, taking stupid penalties, the special teams fumble, defense not making the stops. Lots of blame to go around.

gphr513

Watch the world burn
Jan 14, 2014
Minneapolis, MN
Pretty throw from Cousins.

Kirk is legit. Making throws like this every game.

It's weird to say this about the Vikings, but when it's all said and done we may be one of the league's elite passing offenses.

The drive after the Eagles' fumble at their 5 yard line, we marched down the field in like 4 plays.

DANOZ28

May 22, 2012
nearest bar MN
currently diggs & theilen are near if not the very best receivers in the league. just wish we had an O line that could give the qb time. bad call on the eagle that tackled cousins.

Reactions: TaLoN

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
currently diggs & theilen are near if not the very best receivers in the league. just wish we had an O line that could give the qb time. bad call on the eagle that tackled cousins.
Couldn't agree more. Great, canny, receivers that we are lucky to have. Mediocre at best O line. Beginning to wonder if this coaching staff/GM is all that smart. Surely it's common sense to protect the QB? Watching other teams like the packers, the protection is night and day better.

melinko

Jun 13, 2010
Minnesota
I wonder if the Vikings are going to look at redoing Thielen's contract soon. He has to be feeling pretty anxious about his contract given how much he has out-preformed it.
I would look to redo it before the start of next season. Give him more next year than he is currently due and he might be more willing to keep the long-term cap-hit lower than market value (less than Diggs).

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
Another crazy Vikings game. Baily definitely is feeling better after making that 52 yarder there. I can't say, but I think perhaps that Zimmer was thinking he was going to need to have another exit meeting with a kicker.

But in all sincerity, doesn't it seem like since they moved the PAT back more and more kickers are missing kicks that we would seem quite easy before? Maybe it is just me, but I know kickers are missing more kicks.
Because it was Bailey, I wasn't worried about the 45yrd miss... that isn't a gimme distance... the one off the upright was a little concerning... chip shot 28yrder... but the 52yrd kick was right down the middle. That was a clutch kick from a clutch kicker.

He doesn't let a miss or two get to him, which is why he's had the career he's had.

Even Justin Tucker misses once in a while, do you think the Ravens sweat a miss from him? Not really. Bailey showed with that 52yrd kick, why the Vikes shouldn't sweat an occasional shank from him either.

We saw what a kicker with weak mental makeup is here in Blair Walsh. He kicks fine until the pressure is on, then folds like a paper bag. Dan Carlson obviously is of that mold as well.

Bailey didn't let it phase him, and went right back out and sealed the game when it was REALLY needed.

Hahaha thank you, I was looking for this gif to post. Just a filthy cut. Diggs' route running is seriously elite.
Simply the best route runner I've ever seen!

Last edited:

ThatGuy22

Oct 11, 2011
I have to say, i'm getting a perverse sense of pleasure from the Timberpuppies imploding a year after they were being crowned the new model sports franchise in Minnesota.

Digitalbooya

By order of the Peaky Blinders
Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
I have to say, i'm getting a perverse sense of pleasure from the Timberpuppies imploding a year after they were being crowned the new model sports franchise in Minnesota.
How are they imploding? They haven't even played a regular season game yet.

Goose312

May 15, 2015
Today's a day I'm very glad I'm not a t-wolves fan. Just brutal what's going on. The franchise is handling it about as poorly as they could be as well.

ThatGuy22

Oct 11, 2011
How are they imploding? They haven't even played a regular season game yet.

The entire Butler situation?

I mean, it was front page hockey news when Yeo raised his voice at practice, imagine if Suter was at practice throwing F bombs at his teammates, BB and Fenton, than arranging an interview to air his grievances to the world.

I'm hardly the closest follower of the NBA, but I can't imagine this situation is business as usual.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
T- Wolves and Twins are certainly setting a low bar in this town for other pro sports to jump over.

Digitalbooya

By order of the Peaky Blinders
Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
The entire Butler situation?

I mean, it was front page hockey news when Yeo raised his voice at practice, imagine if Suter was at practice throwing F bombs at his teammates, BB and Fenton, than arranging an interview to air his grievances to the world.

I'm hardly the closest follower of the NBA, but I can't imagine this situation is business as usual.
Butler sounds like a lot of Wild hockey fans:
It's not about anything else. Everybody can see who it is, and what we're missing. Not the defense, not the points, it's the passion. It's the heart that I play with on every single possession. And that's all that it is.
Jimmy Butler on what has gone wrong with Timberwolves

tomgilbertfan

#WhyBother
Jun 22, 2008
Minnesota
As a timberwolves fan I’m loving the Butler drama. Yeah we’re gonna suck again, but at least this has been entertaining, the drama and the tweets and memes that have come from it are hilarious.

Reactions: Digitalbooya
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad