Non-Hockey Sports Thread VII

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wabit

May 23, 2016
Chacin does not have his "A" stuff today. If he can grind through the lineup twice it'll be a win for MKE.

Wabit

May 23, 2016
Tomorrow will be a crazy sports day too. Premier League in the morning, college football, Wild, Gopher hockey, baseball playoffs, Loons.

Love it!

You're way more into soccer than I am. Do people watch the Gophers football games or is it just something to have on the tv for noise?

gphr513

Watch the world burn
Jan 14, 2014
Minneapolis, MN
You're way more into soccer than I am. Do people watch the Gophers football games or is it just something to have on the tv for noise?
Soccer is honestly becoming one of my favorite sports. It might even take over the NFL for me, eventually. Probably not college football, though.

And yes, people (like me) subject themselves to Gopher football. It's a good way to keep your ego in check. A nice little beatdown every once in a while builds character.

That said... "Who hates Iowa?! WE HATE IOWA!"

Reactions: Digitalbooya

Wabit

May 23, 2016
Soccer is honestly becoming one of my favorite sports. It might even take over the NFL for me, eventually. Probably not college football, though.

And yes, people (like me) subject themselves to Gopher football. It's a good way to keep your ego in check. A nice little beatdown every once in a while builds character.

That said... "Who hates Iowa?! WE HATE IOWA!"

Don't get me wrong; I grew up watching UW pre-Alverez years; so I watched plenty of bad UW games. But that was just par for the course: GB sucked, Bucks sucked, Brewers were okay(?), and the Badgers were bad at everything. Winning was a foreign concept for WI sports. :ha:

Now I won't watch the bad teams, unless there is nothing else on and the weather says stay inside.

Wabit

May 23, 2016
Brewers win 4-0. It was 1-0 going into the bottom of 8 and very close game.

Rockies bats of been silent for 3 games now.

Digitalbooya

By order of the Peaky Blinders
Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
Don't get me wrong; I grew up watching UW pre-Alverez years; so I watched plenty of bad UW games. But that was just par for the course: GB sucked, Bucks sucked, Brewers were okay(?), and the Badgers were bad at everything. Winning was a foreign concept for WI sports. :ha:

Now I won't watch the bad teams, unless there is nothing else on and the weather says stay inside.
Badgers were not bad at everything. The hockey team used to be the big event on campus for a long, long time. Then the 1990’s and 2000’s happened. Barry Alvarez turned the football team into what it is today. Bo Ryan ran one of the best basketball programs for over a decade. Now the hockey team can’t seem figure out what an NCAA tournament bid is let alone compete for championships. Oh how the times have changed.

Wabit

May 23, 2016
Badgers were not bad at everything. The hockey team used to be the big event on campus for a long, long time. Then the 1990’s and 2000’s happened. Barry Alvarez turned the football team into what it is today. Bo Ryan ran one of the best basketball programs for over a decade. Now the hockey team can’t seem figure out what an NCAA tournament bid is let alone compete for championships. Oh how the times have changed.

Meh Badgers hockey wasn't really on tv in the 80's, neither was women's BB and they had decent teams too. Stu Jackson coaching and Finely were the first decent Men's BB team in 40+ years. It was cool for me because my high school pep-band got to play the Men's BB games when UW band followed the football team to their bowl games. Dick Bennett really laid the foundation for Bo Ryan.

I'm old enough to remember watching a couple of Badger baseball games before they shut that sport's program down, but not old enough to remember more than images the '82 WS.

gphr513

Watch the world burn
Jan 14, 2014
Minneapolis, MN

The Gophers are just a necessity for me. I was born into it, and it's my alma mater.

Sometimes I feel like a masochist subjecting myself to all that failure :laugh:

Wabit

May 23, 2016
Playoff coverage of sports always brings out some interesting factoids. For instance, I had no idea that Kratz (Brewers 2nd catcher) had played for 30 different minor league teams (I knew about the 7 MLB teams) over his career.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Man U v. Newcastle. Which manager gets fired first, Mourinho or Benitez?

Wabit

May 23, 2016
I don't remember the last time I saw a balk in the Playoffs that brought in a run.

123TripleDoge

Nov 24, 2014
How in the f is that a touchdown? Never worth watching this bought out crap if they can call that

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->