Non-Hockey Sports Thread VII

Status
Not open for further replies.

Digitalbooya

By order of the Peaky Blinders
Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
On a completely thread related note, Latavius Murray and Thielen are having big days. The Vikings have really separated themselves in the second half.

Dee Oh Cee

Aug 4, 2010
Eagan
Seems like it, but then again the 1st round picks are likely to be really late 1st rounders which are nearly worthless in the NBA. And their CBA doesn't allow consecutive 1st's to be traded...so it'd be 1st rounder in 2019, 2021, 2023 and 2025. Would be a huge tossup to see what you might get.

Wild11MN

First round losers
May 28, 2013
MN
Seems like it, but then again the 1st round picks are likely to be really late 1st rounders which are nearly worthless in the NBA. And their CBA doesn't allow consecutive 1st's to be traded...so it'd be 1st rounder in 2019, 2021, 2023 and 2025. Would be a huge tossup to see what you might get.
Really? I didn't know that. Does that mean in the same trade or at all?

Dee Oh Cee

Aug 4, 2010
Eagan
i think in the same trade...but I didn't look into the rule that much. I think I heard/saw someone say the no consecutive thing in one trade.

Digitalbooya

Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
I just looked it up. You can’t trade consecutive 1st round picks period. Doesn’t matter if there are separate deals. That’s crazy to me.

Edit: rule only applies to future 1st round picks. So in season you could trade your current 1st round pick regardless.

Jesus comma Brodin

Effing Norris-Byng Brodin
Feb 22, 2013
Minnesota
No go on that deal for me as well. Who knows how the Rockets and even the Wolves will look in 2025 . If we want to compete right now with KAT, Wiggs and whoever else is on the team, the 2019 1st for Houston will most likely amount to nothing as it will be a bottom 5 pick. Maybe they'll be good in 2021 but CP3 has a year left after this so maybe they'll decline? Doubtful with Harden, Capela. Too hard to see the future, they need younger assets in return when they deal him.

Digitalbooya

Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
Are there Timberwolves fans that think that maybe KAT is the problem after his air ball three and then asking out of the game against Toronto? Dunno if any of you guys saw that:

DeagleJenkins

Jul 17, 2018
Minnesota
Are there Timberwolves fans that think that maybe KAT is the problem after his air ball three and then asking out of the game against Toronto? Dunno if any of you guys saw that:

in general no matter the sport, if a dude can admit he is struggling and ask out to benefit the team isnt that a positive?

Digitalbooya

Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
in general no matter the sport, if a dude can admit he is struggling and ask out to benefit the team isnt that a positive?
But isn’t that the problem though. Star player thinks he doesn’t have it so he just checks out? When the going gets tough just quit? Where’s the competitiveness in that? Where’s the will to work through issues? I mean we are not talking about some average Joe. This guy could win the MVP some day if he worked hard enough.

DeagleJenkins

Jul 17, 2018
Minnesota
But isn’t that the problem though. Star player thinks he doesn’t have it so he just checks out? When the going gets tough just quit? Where’s the competitiveness in that? Where’s the will to work through issues? I mean we are not talking about some average Joe. This guy could win the MVP some day if he worked hard enough.

Does he do this every single game? Im not seeing it or saying it as an oh i suck i quit, more so when you are having a bad day and you can see it and no matter what your shots are trash, you are just making bad reads and bad plays and not helping the team, is it so bad to take yourself out and say you need a breather or put someone in until i can get my head right? idk how long he was out of the game as i dont watch NBA but if it was just a minute or until the 4th i can see it is him realizing he needed a refresher to get his head on right because he knows he is letting his team down.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad