GDT: Non-GDT: Who cares edition (Coyotes @ Capitals | 3 p.m. MST | FSA) I hope rt doesn't yell at me now

Muppet

7th Round Pick
Mar 13, 2011
I wish Keller was more visible. Outside that shift in the first period where he drew a penalty he hasn't done much.

He looks a little down on confidence. You know when he's on, because he has a shoot first mentality, but he's been risking a lot of passes recently. Maybe he's not entirely sure what his role is with all the different line combos.

Name Nameless

Don't go more than 10 seconds back on challenges
Apr 12, 2017
I wish Keller was more visible. Outside that shift in the first period where he drew a penalty he hasn't done much.

I would suck as a scout, I admit it. Is Keller so much less visible now because he is slumping, or is he less visible because he is the guy they use so much attention on? Just asking.

Drawing penalties is good though. Very good.

Vinny Boombatz

formerly ctwin22
Mar 21, 2008
Chandler, AZ
At least there is someone softer than Strome when Archibald is out there. He's not an NHL player. We need a couple upgrades and Dvorak would add to this group significantly. Also, Strome can sill be an incredible player, but he's got to get quicker/faster/stronger. He can't use his skill set because he is always behind the play.

That was a beautiful pass and outside of Keller, no one would have made that pass, but maybe OEL as well. 99% of the guys would have just shot it. Those are the types of plays he can make and the only reason he was able to was because they caught him as the trailer.

I'd hate to give up on Strome, because at some point, he's going to put in the work in the off-season to be the player he was expected to be and I'd rather it be here than someplace else. Even if he is a 4th line guy, next season that 4th line will have better players than Cousins/Archibald...so I'm all for keeping him and just ride him until he gets it.

SniperHF

Rejecting Reports
Mar 9, 2007
Phoenix
Wasn't able to watch the 2nd, nice to see the PP keep rolling.

I would suck as a scout, I admit it. Is Keller so much less visible now because he is slumping, or is he less visible because he is the guy they use so much attention on? Just asking.

I think he's less impactful (or appears so) because 5 on 5 we have basically no line combos consistently working.

If you look at his numbers he's more or less on the exact same pace as last season.

Muppet

7th Round Pick
Mar 13, 2011
Not really sure what to expect in the 3rd. Coyotes are playing a lot better than I thought they would, but our record of holding 2 goal leads hasn't been great recently :laugh:

Reactions: GiveAFlyingPuck

KG

Sep 23, 2010
Good win. Good response. I thought Kumpner played well

Name Nameless

Don't go more than 10 seconds back on challenges
Apr 12, 2017
Good win. Good response. I thought Kumpner played well

Understatement. Kuemper deserves the belt. But who has it? Raanta? Should the goalies be allowed to give it to each other? :laugh:

Reactions: doaner

SR

Mar 31, 2008
Arizona
Nice surprise win. Certainly wasn’t expecting that. Got beat up a little bit, but Kuemper weathered a couple storms. Still out of position when things got hairy, but played well.

Def makes me feel better about last nights loss.

Reactions: doaner and RemoAZ

Mosby

Salt Lake Bound
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
Nice surprise win. Certainly wasn’t expecting that. Got beat up a little bit, but Kuemper weathered a couple storms. Still out of position when things got hairy, but played well.

Def makes me feel better about last nights loss.

Still puzzling how scrambly Kuemper is for a goalie his size.

Big 2 points. Was hoping for 1, at best. At least 1 point in Detroit and we go .500 on this trip.

Reactions: CC96 and Lilhoody

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad