GDT: Non-GDT: Who cares edition (Coyotes @ Capitals | 3 p.m. MST | FSA) I hope rt doesn't yell at me now

Bonsai Tree

Turning a new leaf
Feb 2, 2014
That may be the win that jump starts the team. Great game for Galchenyuk, great game for Strome and great game for Panik. Nice tight defense against the Caps, of all teams! Kuemper was great in net. As to the question about why Kuemper finds himself out of position so much, I think that he has such a strong post to post push that he can't stop himself after stopping the shot and just slides another 6 inches to 1 foot, enough to make him scramble back into good position.

Reactions: Jmmack

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
At least there is someone softer than Strome when Archibald is out there. He's not an NHL player. We need a couple upgrades and Dvorak would add to this group significantly. Also, Strome can sill be an incredible player, but he's got to get quicker/faster/stronger. He can't use his skill set because he is always behind the play.

That was a beautiful pass and outside of Keller, no one would have made that pass, but maybe OEL as well. 99% of the guys would have just shot it. Those are the types of plays he can make and the only reason he was able to was because they caught him as the trailer.

I'd hate to give up on Strome, because at some point, he's going to put in the work in the off-season to be the player he was expected to be and I'd rather it be here than someplace else. Even if he is a 4th line guy, next season that 4th line will have better players than Cousins/Archibald...so I'm all for keeping him and just ride him until he gets it.

Chayka said that they were happy with Strome and his off season work. The only thing missing from Strome is consistency. When he gets more consistent the points will come and his confidence will soar. He isn't the only one having this problem on this team.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
That may be the win that jump starts the team. Great game for Galchenyuk, great game for Strome and great game for Panik. Nice tight defense against the Caps, of all teams! Kuemper was great in net. As to the question about why Kuemper finds himself out of position so much, I think that he has such a strong post to post push that he can't stop himself after stopping the shot and just slides another 6 inches to 1 foot, enough to make him scramble back into good position.

I think you are right about Kuemper. If he tried hard enough he could end up on the side boards.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
I thought Lyubushkin play was very solid and was surprised he only played 11 minutes. Stepan has a rough night in the dot, and on that 4 minute PP is lost draw after draw and RT kept on sending out Richardson and Stepan for the draws. Strome was 69% FOW and Stepan at 29. I can understand Richardson being the guy as he is rock solid most games, but I go with the hot hand over Stepan.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
He got it.

Pretty good game by Strome. He is coming together. Wish Tocch would move him up. Looks good with Vinny on the PP. Lines still aren't finding chemistry.

Perlini-Gally-Fischer
Keller-Stepan-Panik
Crouse-Strome-Hino
Grabner-Richie-Cousins

After last game most were ready to deal Strome for a bucket of pucks. The team overall played a very good road game, and back to back to boot. Proud of the guys. Very good effort.

Bonsai Tree

Turning a new leaf
Feb 2, 2014
After last game most were ready to deal Strome for a bucket of pucks. The team overall played a very good road game, and back to back to boot. Proud of the guys. Very good effort.
tbh I'm still ready to deal Strome for a bucket of pucks. We'll see if he changes my mind.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad