ahmedou

DOU
Oct 7, 2017

upload_2020-7-15_14-17-12.png

ahmedou

DOU
Oct 7, 2017
#JulienonJuulsen(PC:20/07/15)

“He's a player who has missed a lot of time. I believe he was just starting to play again when everything went on pause. I see a lot of potential in Noah Juulsen. Unfortunately, his development was delayed a bit because of that injury he suffered two years ago. What I like about him at the moment is that he's able to keep the rhythm at practice. He looks confident, and he looks like he's having fun on the ice. For a guy who has faced that kind of adversity, I like the direction he's going in.”

Reactions: 26Mats

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
This guy has top 4 in him all day.

This break will help his head big time.

Once we start playing again, will be fascinating to see how the older/younger players look. Who spent their time wisely?

Feel Weber will be beasting in this tourney.

The return to play will hopefully only last 3 games and we're out. Can't really say a whole lot based on that small sample size and when everyone's timing is off.

Would be nice if some young guys stand out. But we've seen plenty of young guys stand out over a 3 game sample who were out of the league within a few years.

But it's good for Noah that everyone will be in the same boat as him when we do return to play whenever the next season starts - everyone's timing will be off after the layoff.

Let's hope this helps him get into the lineup so he doesn't miss even more development time.

dackelljuneaubulis02

Oct 13, 2012
This guy has top 4 in him all day.

This break will help his head big time.

Once we start playing again, will be fascinating to see how the older/younger players look. Who spent their time wisely?

Feel Weber will be beasting in this tourney.

yeah NJ was the one guy I thought would benefit from this break big time. Rightly or wrongly.

I pretty much effectively wrote him off in my prospect talk/hopes in the last little bit so I almost forgot about him. His skating seems fine but at times he got blown by in his rookie year from what I remember. If he can still improve there he could find himself on a 2nd pairing.

ahmedou

DOU
Oct 7, 2017
#MontrealCanadiensInstagramLive(20/07/16)-DumontonJuulsen

“He's the epidemy of perseverance. This is a guy who maintened a positive attitude throught out very difficult situations. And it's way too soon to write him off. He has all the skills to make it in the NHL.”

Reactions: TooLegitToQuit

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast

“He's the epidemy of perseverance. This is a guy who maintened a positive attitude throught out very difficult situations. And it's way too soon to write him off. He has all the skills to make it in the NHL.”

Hope he don't play tentative in trying to block shots after those two pucks to his face. Lets hope he's 100% past that BS

dackelljuneaubulis02

Oct 13, 2012

oh making it to the NHL isn't a question if he's healthy. it's really about how much he can improve his skating imo. I liked his puck skills from the little i saw of him with the habs. Not that they were especially good but better than I thought where decent 20-30 pts production looks like a fairly realistic scenario though not guaranteed.

Reactions: TooLegitToQuit

ahmedou

DOU
Oct 7, 2017
#Julien-Conférencedepresse(20/07/17):Juulsen

“On parle d'une blessure qui a trainé et qui a ralenti sa progression depuis probablement un mois et demi.On parle d'une blessure qui a trainé et qui a ralenti sa progression depuis probablement un mois et demi. Lorsqu'il a subi sa blessure ça l'a vraiment disons une marche en arrière à cause de justement le fait qu'il n'a pas été en action beaucoup dans les dernières années.”

“J'aime bien ce que je vois. Il vient juste de recommencer à jouer là depuis que la saison. Il a encore un bon coup de patin. C'est un gars qui a une bonne mobilité, etc. C'est une bonne expérience pour lui à vivre et de s'entrainer puis faire parti de notre camp d'entrainement, parce que éventuellement on va avoir des décision à faire. En bout de ligne, c'est un défenseur droitier qui a connu de bons moments avec nous Il vient juste de recommencer à jouer là depuis que la saison. Il a encore un bon coup de patin. C'est un gars qui a une bonne mobilité, etc.”

ahmedou

DOU
Oct 7, 2017
Future Watch: Don't you (Forget about Noah Juulsen)
Bouchard is referring to Juulsen's ability to remain calm under pressure. Hockey is a sport filled with split-second decisions and endless variables. Juulsen has established himself as a player who makes the right decisions at the right time, all while providing a template for younger players when they deal with high-pressure situations.

Bouchard: “He's an extraordinary person. He handled a very difficult situation with aplomb. He's a guy that plays the right way. He listens attentively to instructions from coaches and is a consistent presence on the ice, not only due to his physical game. What I love about his game is that he's not erratic. He's consistent. He never cuts corners. He's not a guy that takes instructions lightly. And that means he's an excellent defensive partner. He's the kind of player that I'd love to play with, because he's incredibly steady and very solid in his own zone. He's the type of defenseman that earns praise from coaches and fans alike due to his intelligent play on the ice, even if he doesn't hit the scoreboard."

Scriptor

Jan 1, 2014
Future Watch: Don't you (Forget about Noah Juulsen)

Bouchard: “He's an extraordinary person. He handled a very difficult situation with aplomb. He's a guy that plays the right way. He listens attentively to instructions from coaches and is a consistent presence on the ice, not only due to his physical game. What I love about his game is that he's not erratic. He's consistent. He never cuts corners. He's not a guy that takes instructions lightly. And that means he's an excellent defensive partner. He's the kind of player that I'd love to play with, because he's incredibly steady and very solid in his own zone. He's the type of defenseman that earns praise from coaches and fans alike due to his intelligent play on the ice, even if he doesn't hit the scoreboard."

Definitely a 3rd pairing D and still having untapped upside to maybe become a steadying 2nd pairing d for a more offensive LD.

Hope for the best with this kid. He was looking like one of our rare 1st round picks that would pan out before he got the freak injuries in the same game.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
Fleury looks like he may have bottom pairing potential, I think that’s about it. Juulsen was a bottom pair d in the making who just lost prime development years, it’s unlikely he will ever be an nhl regular.

I'm trying to think of a player that was often injured in their early 20s and still had a good career...

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
the main things he needs to work on,

1. Stay healthy and no side effects from the injury

2. improve his mobility

3. improve his offensive upside

Jul 6, 2016
Could Juulsen or Fleury play on the left side ? I know it is next to impossible for right hand shooting d-men to play left side. But these two young guys have a good potential to play on a 3rd pairing.

Redux91

I do Three bullets.
Sep 5, 2006
Kirkland, Montreal
Juulsen was a bottom pair d in the making who just lost prime development years, it’s unlikely he will ever be an nhl regular.
Posts like this crack me up, so robotic in thinking.
In your mind "development" years can ONLY be age 21-22, they cant be at 23 or 24, nope no sir. No leeway, you're nhl ready at 23 or BUST.

Juulsen could easily turn out to be more than just a permanent 3rd pairing defenseman. I really dont know how you came to a conclusion on his career without having some kind of foresight superpower ?

Reactions: FLHabs

BehindTheTimes

Jun 24, 2018
Posts like this crack me up, so robotic in thinking.
In your mind "development" years can ONLY be age 21-22, they cant be at 23 or 24, nope no sir. No leeway, you're nhl ready at 23 or BUST.

Juulsen could easily turn out to be more than just a permanent 3rd pairing defenseman. I really dont know how you came to a conclusion on his career without having some kind of foresight superpower ?
His upside was 3rd pairing d to begin with, before any injuries. He’s lost key years in his development. A stronger prospect may survive that, he was on the fringe from the beginning.
Posts like yours crack me up, this isn’t really going out on a limb here. The deck is stacked against him and he was a meh prospect to begin with. I doubt he’s ever an NHL regular.

Legend123

Jul 3, 2016
His upside was 3rd pairing d to begin with, before any injuries. He’s lost key years in his development. A stronger prospect may survive that, he was on the fringe from the beginning.
Posts like yours crack me up, this isn’t really going out on a limb here. The deck is stacked against him and he was a meh prospect to begin with. I doubt he’s ever an NHL regular.
Wrong. It was as a solid defensive #4 which is what he was trending to as a young nhl dman

salbutera

Sep 10, 2019
Juulsen’s draft projection was a 2nd pairing Dman.

Strengths were good 200-foot game, strong vision of the ice and the players on both sides, hard & accurate shot, and being a very quick learner/adapting well to changing circumstances

Redux91

I do Three bullets.
Sep 5, 2006
Kirkland, Montreal

Lol so basically you just repeat your same , knowledge constrained, laughable post where for some weird reason, you somehow have foresight superpowers that somehow deduced that upon drafting him, he would NEVER become anything more than a 3rd pairing defenseman, why? Just because you said so? Who made you the authority? Nobody.

I hope he becomes an nhl regular now not because I wanted a good defenseman on the habs, now I just want him to prove you wrong , the genius from the future.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad