Prospect Info: Noah Juulsen Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast

Thanks for sharing. It's nice to see him working hard at getting back healthy. 2 months of being on the ice testing his peripheral vision with no set backs will be encouraging.

We need his steady defensive play. Kid has always been a trusted option by every single coach he had as a defensive shutdown guy. Hope he gets back to that... cheering for him! Seems like a good kid

Only 13 games played but +6 rating. Not many can say the same in Laval last season. Fleury was -5 in 14 games. Going to be a big battle between Juulsen and Fleury for the last spot on D

FjUK3cw.jpg

Last edited:

voyageur

Hockey fanatic
Jul 10, 2011
Who was his partner in Laval. Karl Alzner?

If the Habs get Mete back, Chiarot-Weber, Mete-Petry, Kulak/Alzner-Juulsen?

Prettyisland

Oct 23, 2017
All about ability to perform. Not on Bryan berards level of talent but he played with one eye. I hope he shows he can still contribute I was very high on him to be steady dman for us in the future

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
Out of a cannon! he needs to be jettisoned asap!

VLMveTI.gif

Hopefully Romanov will be ready at least next year.

My top priority this year is losing to Pit in 3 so we get the lottery pick.

Hopefully next year:

Chiarot Weber
Romanov* Petry
Mete Juulsen
Kulak

*or UFA if Romanov doesn't look ready.

Reactions: MtlSars

Redux91

I do Three bullets.
Sep 5, 2006
Kirkland, Montreal
Juulsen was turning out to be a pretty solid defender for us, and that just didnt evaporate

That was the freakish of freakish injuries, two pucks hitting you on the EXACT same spot of your cheek bone...thats just bad luck , but it doesnt make him any less of a defender

Even at 6"2 185 he could still throw decent hits, the Lbs should only get higher with him

ahmedou

DOU
Oct 7, 2017
Noah Juulsen’s tough season ended on a high

“It has been a road of twists and turns, but the young defenceman is finally back on the right track.”

“There isn’t much to analyze with Juulsen’s year, and nothing would be more impactful for his career outlook than a clean bill of health. It should be noted, however, that Juulsen ended the year at +6, and was on the ice for only five even-strength goals against in his 13 games.”

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast

Say what you want to say about Juulsen and the development frustration due to injuries. When healthy, he knows the role he needs to play and he has always been high on the list for every coach he has played for in terms of reliability.

This kid is good in his own end. Hope the Habs sign him for 2 or 3 years cause they could have a headache on their hands if they give him 1 year. Give him 2 or 3 years at $1.25M (one way contract) and I think he takes it. If he disappoints or gets hurt again, this will not hurt our cap

Reactions: dralaf and Redux91

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
Say what you want to say about Juulsen and the development frustration due to injuries. When healthy, he knows the role he needs to play and he has always been high on the list for every coach he has played for in terms of reliability.

This kid is good in his own end. Hope the Habs sign him for 2 or 3 years cause they could have a headache on their hands if they give him 1 year. Give him 2 or 3 years at $1.25M (one way contract) and I think he takes it. If he disappoints or gets hurt again, this will not hurt our cap

In addition to his questionable health, I'm worried if it takes him too long to get his timing back, he won't be able to get into the lineup. And since he has to go through waivers, he won't be able to go to Laval. The last thing he needs if he's able to get healthy is to be sitting in the press box healthy.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
In addition to his questionable health, I'm worried if it takes him too long to get his timing back, he won't be able to get into the lineup. And since he has to go through waivers, he won't be able to go to Laval. The last thing he needs if he's able to get healthy is to be sitting in the press box healthy.

I bet you he plays in the play in round. Great time for him to try and get his feet wet again in the NHL. Everyone's been home and everyone has to get in game shape again

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
I bet you he plays in the play in round. Great time for him to try and get his feet wet again in the NHL. Everyone's been home and everyone has to get in game shape again

I would be heavily in favor of using him in the top 6, even if he's not one of the best 6 dmen.

We ain't winning anything this year- if the playoffs even actually happen.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
I would be heavily in favor of using him in the top 6, even if he's not one of the best 6 dmen.

We ain't winning anything this year- if the playoffs even actually happen.

If Romanov don't play...
Chiarot / Weber
Kulak / Petry
Mete / Juulsen

If Romanov plays... Could go a number of ways but you play Romanov in Kulak's spot? I think Mete/Juulsen would be a decent 3rd pairing

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
I'm not too worried about waivers right now. I can't envision a scenario where the NHL wouldn't grant us the ability to send him to the AHL on a conditioning stint.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Hope the Habs sign him for 2 or 3 years cause they could have a headache on their hands if they give him 1 year. Give him 2 or 3 years at $1.25M (one way contract) and I think he takes it.

I don't see him getting 1.25M on a one way, he should get something like 750K or so as he is 1 year away from being arbitration eligible.

I'm not too worried about waivers right now. I can't envision a scenario where the NHL wouldn't grant us the ability to send him to the AHL on a conditioning stint.

they can easily send him on a conditioning stint as long as he agrees but that's 2 weeks. I don't know if they can ask the league for longer due to his situation or not, but if not you can't mess around cause the league could fine us if they think we were trying to get around waivers and I don't see the Habs risking that or waivers.

But we'll see where his game is at assuming he plays next month, then we'll see where his game is at whenever camp starts next season and go from there.

Reactions: WeThreeKings

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
I don't see him getting 1.25M on a one way, he should get something like 750K or so as he is 1 year away from being arbitration eligible.

they can easily send him on a conditioning stint as long as he agrees but that's 2 weeks. I don't know if they can ask the league for longer due to his situation or not, but if not you can't mess around cause the league could fine us if they think we were trying to get around waivers and I don't see the Habs risking that or waivers.

But we'll see where his game is at assuming he plays next month, then we'll see where his game is at whenever camp starts next season and go from there.

I would not sign him to a 1 year deal. That's the point. I rather sign him to a 2 or 3 year deal overlapping the 21 off season. If he plays well in this play in playoffs and next season, we have another one to add to the headache to sign

1 year at $800k yes. 2 or 3 years? I'd be willing to go to $1.25M for 3 and if he gets hurt again or has to play AHL cause he is struggling, so be it. It's won't hurt our cap

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
I would not sign him to a 1 year deal. That's the point. I rather sign him to a 2 or 3 year deal overlapping the 21 off season. If he plays well in this play in playoffs and next season, we have another one to add to the headache to sign

1 year at $800k yes. 2 or 3 years? I'd be willing to go to $1.25M for 3 and if he gets hurt again or has to play AHL cause he is struggling, so be it. It's won't hurt our cap

he's not the kind of player that is going to put up numbers so there's no worry about signing him to a 1 year deal. There's no need to take the risk since you don't know what you have in him, sign him for 1 year if he does well then he's still an RFA for the next 3 or so years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad